MD - Phylicia Barnes, 16, Baltimore, 28 Dec 2010 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just heard that NG is featuring PB tonight. (Pray PB site posting and Find PB site posting)

Also:
I found number of twitter posts indicating MJ and his lawyer met with cops this morning.
I can not find any substantiated report of this, though. I'll keep looking and will update (unless someone else finds it first. :).

I did not ask if the unit key was different from the perimeter door keys, but I have never been in an apartment style building that used the same key for the perimeter door as the unit. And I have been in hundreds of apartment style condo conversions.

hth

Just heard that NG is featuring PB tonight. (Pray PB site posting and Find PB site posting)

Also:
I found number of twitter posts indicating MJ and his lawyer met with cops this morning.
I can not find any substantiated report of this, though. I'll keep looking and will update (unless someone else finds it first. :).

NG said on her FB page that the "last person to see" PB met with the police.

I'm getting a few different addresses for Reisterstown Apts. One is 6609 Eberle Dr. Another is 6510 Eberle Dr. I'm not finding 6520 Eberle Dr.

There looks to be about 10-20 different buildings in this complex so each would have it's own building number. If you are looking at an online map rather than an actual block by block street directory online maps probably don't list each individual building number.

see the 2nd link in the individual post links in the beginning of this thread. You can zoom out and see exactly how many buildings this complex has, there are quite a few.

hth

I'm getting a few different addresses for Reisterstown Apts. One is 6609 Eberle Dr. Another is 6510 Eberle Dr. I'm not finding 6520 Eberle Dr.

I found the same. I think that may be the office?

But if you google it, it's all the same complex. Each building has its own street number, it seems. 6520 Eberle is definitely in the same complex, from what I can tell (that was a concern I had when I came up with all the different addresses.)

2003 is pretty old - 8 years ago. From the photo's and virtual tour linked on the first page of this thread, it appears the buildings have been fully renovated since 03. Most likely a different management company since then too. The current mgt co appears to be one that is nationwide and manages complexes all over the country. (forget which link it was but one of them posted already in this thread.)

I read similar reviews and after looking more closely at this complex, I'm more open to a stranger being involved. I do think MJ & Company are still the top of the list. But I do see now that something else could also have happened.

I had read the reviews a while ago. That's why it surprised me in the presser yesterday when LE said that this was not a bad part of town. I guess it's all relative. There are way worse areas... but still, it doesn't seem like a particularly safe place, especially when you hear what residents say. Some people who say they lived there had posted comments on news articles, talking about the neighborhood in less than positive terms.

But it certainly looks very clean, well maintained... I don't know what to think.

I had read the reviews a while ago. That's why it surprised me in the presser yesterday when LE said that this was not a bad part of town. I guess it's all relative. There are way worse areas... but still, it doesn't seem like a particularly safe place, especially when you hear what residents say. Some people who say they lived there had posted comments on news articles, talking about the neighborhood in less than positive terms.

But it certainly looks very clean, well maintained... I don't know what to think.

It did appear very clean and well maintained. Even the hallways looked nice which says something to me as I've been in many buildings with shoddy hallways that are not well kept. I took a look at the street view of the business area immediately surrounding the complex and none had those gates for the businesses after closing.

Kind of OT - but from my RE experience like or dislike of an area is solely based on personal preference. There is really no rhyme or reason for it as I have heard complaints and dislike about even the best area's with little crime and had clients who adored area's I wouldn't feel safe in or consider. It just goes to show.........

hth and jmo

I'm interested in learning what this meeting was about between MJ, his attorney and LE. I wonder if he agreed to a poly or his conscience got to him. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

I don't have cable so hoping someone catches NG's show and updates while it is airing if possible. Otherwise I will post the link to the NG CNN transcripts once they are up.

Couple of interesting theories posted in the comments to the announcement of the show tonight. Gotta wade through a lot of comments to find them, but I was intrigued. (I can't post the comments, right?)

You can't copy and paste but you can paraphrase w/ link and direct us to where to find the particular comments. Date time would be good, or something like half way through or about X time.

hth

Couple of interesting theories posted in the comments to the announcement of the show tonight. Gotta wade through a lot of comments to find them, but I was intrigued. (I can't post the comments, right?)

You can't directly quote comments from FB, but you can paraphrase/summarize.

Are we certain there's a building entry key? I ask this because... several apartment complexes I lived in, and a large number of apartment complexes I have visited (friends), had an entry door (or gate, for gated apartments) that was *supposed* to require a key or gate access code, but those protections sort of fell to the wayside overtime (e.g. the gate is simply left open, as in the case at my sister-in-laws current apartment complex--or lock is broken/removed from the entry door and/or the lock is taped down). The apartments I'm referring to were all in the same... I don't know the phrase... income bracket(?) as DB's apartment--nice enough to live in, but by no means posh. I also expect the surveillance camera is just for show, in the same way a large number of surveillance cameras in department stores are empty shells.

I've been thinking about *why* LBC would have a key, as well. My guess is that his home life is not completely stable, or perhaps there aren't enough bedrooms for him in his home (for instance, when my homie was in high school they lived with their grandmother for a time... he, being the son, was the one relegated to living on the couch for a year). When you get into lower-income/working class with large families, sometimes a place can get pretty crowded. Or perhaps their apartment was closer to his high school? Questions, questions.

It's gonna be a long day until the NG show tonight, unless LE has a presser. I'm sitting here on pins and needles wondering if MJ and his attorney met with LE to provide information on where LE can find her.

Please Lord, if MJ has information on Phylicia's whereabouts (which imo he does) please let MJ have given this information to LE this morning. She needs and deserves to be found.

:praying:

MsOh, GJ added a link which LE viewed survellience footage from the apartment complex but Phylicia did not appear in the footage viewed. So, the cameras do in fact work.

Did you view the photo's and virtual tour of the complex (link on page 1 of this thread). There is what looks like some decor added to the hallways. I'd think if the management company went to the length of adding decor to common area's such as hallways they would probably try to upkeep the locks.

Of course the possibility always exists a door did not fully close thus did not lock properly or someone left the door propped but in general this complex doesn't appear that way. Also, it is difficult to make the determination of 'income level' based on rental price. That is subjective to rental prices by location. For example the 1 bedrooms in this complex would run about 1000 a month versus the upper 700's in the area of Chicago I'm near and could run as low as 400 in a more rural area, or much more expensive in say parts of NY. IMO it is too general (?) to say rents at 700 would lead to X or Y.

FWIW, the only thing that appeared 'trashy' to me from the photo's we have viewed is the area near the railroad tracks on the rail road track side of the fence seperating the apartment complex from the tracks. That would be land where the RR has responsibility for the upkeep.

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member