MD - Phylicia Barnes, 16, Baltimore, 28 Dec 2010 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wondered too about the bringing up of P's skin care issue...either a dig or possibly a case of "too much information", in that if she was being so absolutely specific, than everyone would believe her version of everything else she said...

Why would DB have been online answering the questions for this skin test when she was at work and while PB was home with access too the internet? Wouldn't this have been more logical to do together while they were both at the apartment? Or did they both have the page open and were walking through the questions together? Anyone recall?

I think this is the link for the skin care info, if it was for Nutrogena.
http://www.skinid.com/home

I wondered too about the bringing up of P's skin care issue...either a dig or possibly a case of "too much information", in that if she was being so absolutely specific, than everyone would believe her version of everything else she said...

The only reason I can see bringing up acne is as part of her physical description for the MP flyers. Most of the MP photo's I saw of PB did not show her face with acne, fewer did than did not.

jmo

I never read that they were "Hard Core dopers." They all have jobs and are in school. I think it is unlikely that they are "hard core" users as one's ability to be responsible is inhibited by a addictive behavior. I may agree, that marijuana may have been used (as per PB) but it appears it may be recreational. There is a difference.
IMO

College students, have been known to use so many types of drugs. Back in 2002 a survey was done on college students. The most common drugs were: Marijuana, MDMA (Ecstasy), GHB and Rophypnol (Date Rape Drugs), Methamphetamine (i.e. Speed), Cocaine, Heroin, and Ketamine (e.g. Vitamin K, cat Valium, Kit Kat)

http://www.kirklin.com/wfdata/files/conclusion.pdf

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=100254163

February 5, 2009, more students turned to "Smart" Drugs, like Adderall (Addy) and Ritalin. Students were using these drugs to help them stay more focused and study better.

I can remember back when I went to college in the early 80s and seeing known drug dealers sitting on top of cafeteria tables, selling drugs to students.

One of my sisters used to talk about parties at her campus and seeing so many students using various types of drugs at the campus parties.

I've been looking around for missing men in the area and can't find anything. Why would he not be reported missing, too???

I have been behind lately on keeping up with this thread. Did anyone mention Devon Minor. He is about 19 years old, 6ft, 4in, and I thought he weighed about 200+ pounds. He went missing from Geneva College in Pennsylvania on January 20, 2011. Police were searching for him on Thursday, April 22, 2011 around Beaver River in Pennsylvania. There is a prayer page for him called "Praying for Devon Minor".

Why would DB have been online answering the questions for this skin test when she was at work and while PB was home with access too the internet? Wouldn't this have been more logical to do together while they were both at the apartment? Or did they both have the page open and were walking through the questions together? Anyone recall?

I think this is the link for the skin care info, if it was for Nutrogena.
http://www.skinid.com/home

I question this also.

Here's the link to the Peas broadcast in which db speaks:

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/peasintheirpods/2011/01/19/phylicia-barnes

At the 14:00 mark db talks about speaking on the phone with PB about ordering the skin product, Skin ID.

I have a teenage family member who did the Skin ID test online, without the need of any adult help, either on the phone or personally.

This family member was 14 at the timee and took about 5-8 minutes to complete the online Neutrogena Skin ID test.

So...

Yeah, I don't believe it was meant to be a dis, simply because I recall DB saying that the product cleared up her skin which is why she recommended it to PB. So, I dunno... if the point was to criticize someone for their acne, she did a terrible job of it by mentioning that she has the same issue. I am with the theory that she got specific for the purpose of being specific... picking and choosing her moments of full disclosure.

Edited to mention: you have to order Neutro Skin ID through their website (which is where you take the evaluation) or over the phone. If DB was purchasing the skincare kits for PB, then she'd have to use her credit card, which is probably why she was on the website and conferring with PB over the phone.

RIP Phylicia.

My sister and I were the youngest out of 10. Anytime that my mother allowed my older siblings to keep us, they knew never to leave us alone nor with any of their friends.

Even when I was a teenager and went to visit my sister out of town, I was never left alone with her boyfriend, especially in her apt. During the time that she had a live in BF, I most certainly was not allowed to stay with her unless she was there with me the entire time.

I am so frustrated right now with DB's actions? WHY????
I know I am not suppose to be feel this way and not judge, but I just can't help but ask WHY, and WHAT? was she thinking?????
Its like MJ and his crew knew that all they had to do was set the trap and DB lead PB right to it?
I am also angry that KB didn't go by the apt. as planned. I know I need to just pray for the entire family, and that KB and DB already have enough pain dealing with the guilt of this entire situation. I would not want to be in their shoes, and this will be with them for the rest of their lives.
I will continue to pray for the entire family, Sallis, and Barnes.
The Johnson's as well, because they are in for a rude awakening if not already?

I have lived in Baltimore for 46 years (3 years in California). Since the early 90s, there has been an issue about kids that had no one to watch them or no afterschool programs to watch them, even past 6pm. The age of latchkey kids in 1996 was 10 years old. It was changed to age 12 several years later. At age 16, most kids that I know of are left alone in Maryland until their parents get off work. That is definitely not unusual in this state.

Here is an article about latchkey kids: http://www.baltimoreschild.com/articles/index.cfm?fuse1=detail&ArticleID=248

When my son reached 11 years old and went to middle school (aka junior high school), there was no after school program at his middle school and my mother worked late at her job. This is the age where so many kids have to be left at home alone.

I keep thinking about how cold it was then. And that area is pretty desolate.

I am also remembering posts made by Guardian Angels indicating that the search of the well was no random tip, and that the POI's moved PB once, but they'd find her. So was she put in the well first, and then moved to the river? Was the river frozen solid that time of year? If so, the POI's would have needed to cut a hole, or wait for a thaw?

Maryland has a lot of rivers and creeks. Even in below freezing temperatures, they usually don't become frozen solid since the water is constantly moving. Usually lakes, inlets of bays, and ponds freeze over in Maryland.

I live by a creek and have never seen it frozen solid in below freezing temperatures.

I have lived in Baltimore for 46 years (3 years in California). Since the early 90s, there has been an issue about kids that had no one to watch them or no afterschool programs to watch them, even past 6pm. The age of latchkey kids in 1996 was 10 years old. It was changed to age 12 several years later. At age 16, most kids that I know of are left alone in Maryland until their parents get off work. That is definitely not unusual in this state.

Here is an article about latchkey kids: http://www.baltimoreschild.com/articles/index.cfm?fuse1=detail&ArticleID=248

When my son reached 11 years old and went to middle school (aka junior high school), there was no after school program at his middle school and my mother worked late at her job. This is the age where so many kids have to be left at home alone.

I think you miss understood me?
I am not talking about latchkey childen, I am talking about younger siblings hanging out with, and being cared for by their older silbings.
Especially girls, and their big sisters (boyfriends).

When I became a teenager in my own home where my older brothers and sisters lived, my mother told me to make sure I put a robe on while in my pj's. Prior to me becoming a teenager, I could walk around with my pj's without her saying a word. But when I became a teenager my mother knew to tell me that I being a girl and my older brothers in the house, that I needed to dress properly. It was not because my brothers had any issues, it was simply the proper thing to do for a young lady coming into her own.

There are certain things you teach your children when you have older one and younger ones, and boys and girls.

This is just one of them, that my mother instilled in me.

Also, I think if this were a stranger abduction someone would have called and reported seeing a young girl forced into and such and such a time. That LE has received no credible leads to what happened tells me those in the know are staying quiet and covering for each other.

Also, I think it will take a little more time for the ME to release any info they found, such as indication of water in the lungs or not - and COD. Hopefully they are able to find that info.

You all keep missing a very important fact, there was a BIG DOG that lived with them, and from the pic PB appeared to get a long with the dog.
I mentioned earlier that if PB would have left on her own, (which according to the scent she only made it to the curb) the dog would have reacted in some kind of way. I don't think the big dog would have allowed PB to be abducted by some stranger. Also if PB would have left the apt. on her own she would have contact KB or DB letting them know what she was about to do.

All of this thinking is great. To have locals who know the area really helps in thinking things out.

If she was placed in the river far upstream, what are all the likely ports of entry between the dam and the next major city up river?

MJ was out of communication for many hours.
He supposedly did not go to work that night.
He placed himself at the apartment at 1:30, and then again around 5 pm.
He returned DB's call around 7:30ish.
He returned to the apartment after 1 am.
That's a big window of opportunity. If he knew about cell phone pings/tracing, he would not have used his phone while out of the city. Which leaves 1:30-7:30 as his window. (because only MJ places himself at the apartment at 5. There was rumor of a text "PB is up and active" around 5, but that bit of info disappeared in the B and J family coverups.)
OR 7:30 to 1 am. Either window gives a lot of opportunity for travelling. He thought she would never show up. He thought he took her far enough away, that she would never be found. How far away COULD he have taken her, and still have her show up at the dam??? There's another dam up river. Say he put her in just on this side of that dam?

We have a family friend that lives in the Bulle Rock Community (gated commuity) in Havre de Grace/Harford County area, by the Susquehanna River. I have been up there one time. She says that it takes her about 45 minutes to an hour to get to Baltimore City. My sisters go up to her house occassionally. Pennsylvania is about 4 miles from Conawingo dam. It should only take about an hour and a half to get to Pennsylvania from Reisterstown Square Apartments if you go up Reisterstown Road, take exit 695 North, to 95 North.

I've been reading as much as I can about the case. I'll make some points about the texts and phone calls and the girls' 'alibis' that day if anyone is interested. Mostly, I want to note that I don't think the girls sound unusual. I feel just horrible for JS and everyone, but these girls sound like where I hung out at age 18-19 or so. I'm not saying that I'd lie to a mother about men living there, etc, but if my little half-sister wanted me to, I might. It would be tempting.

I actually had a problem with people on the lease letting in whomever they pleased. One dude was given our keys and came in silently while I was in the shower! I kicked out the girl who wouldn't change those ways, as I was the primary lease-holder.

I haven't been able to find much about tweets and actions of the guys, except for that timeline posted on the FB page mentioned in the last page or two. So I can't say how I feel about all that. Certainly, someone can really leave someone sleeping. I'll have to know more.

I do have theories about what could have happened had Phylicia really left to get food.

Did police ever check cameras (if there are any) that are around that nearby metro stop?

There is a difference between irresponsible 18-19 college girls vs. 26 year old young ladies working and living a responsible life.
DB knew how JS was raising PB, and how important her well being was.
JS mentioned on Peas or NG that the only reason she allowed PB around DB and KB is because she thought that they would be a good influence to her because they had went to school and were doing things with their lives.

This was PB's 4 visit with them and I am not sure where she stayed doing the previous visits, nor if any wrong doings occured? Apparently things appeared to be OK, JS allowed her to return.

Thats whats so painful about this visit, all that could go wrong went wrong, because I think that DB was lying to JS from the beginning of this trip?

As I said earlier, DB judgment was a little cloudy because she was dealing with a serious break-up, and that is the worst time to try to have a teenager visit that is naive and needs guidance and care.

Regarding NG's comments about a blizzard in our area at that time, that is not true... I wonder why RB agreed?

Correct!! It was sunny and extremely cold that day and most of that week. It may have been snowing in Atlanta, but not Baltimore.

We have a family friend that lives in the Bulle Rock Community (gated commuity) in Havre de Grace/Harford County area, by the Susquehanna River. I have been up there one time. She says that it takes her about 45 minutes to an hour to get to Baltimore City. My sisters go up to her house occassionally. Pennsylvania is about 4 miles from Conawingo dam. It should only take about an hour and a half to get to Pennsylvania from Reisterstown Square Apartments if you go up Reisterstown Road, take exit 695 North, to 95 North.

MJ mentioned in the find PB fb (now deleted), that he loves to travel.

Does anyone have access to the New group (Justice)?

Or maybe the moving day occurred due to troubles the night before...

DB sounded shocked on Peas interview and when PB told her that MJ had returned and was moving some things out.

Either she didn't understand what and why he was still moving things?
Or she didn't want him moving things while she was not there, for fear that he may take her things as well?

I think MJ didn't really have that many things left on the 28th and DB knew this. This may be the key to the story that DB has already told LE.
What was MJ moving out, and why did he have laundry still there to do?
Why had he returned without DB knowing ahead of time?
Did he decide to return just because he realized PB was there alone????

All of this LE knows and have pretty good idea of what MJ truths vs. lies are all about on that day the 28th.

The only reason I can see bringing up acne is as part of her physical description for the MP flyers. Most of the MP photo's I saw of PB did not show her face with acne, fewer did than did not.

jmo

DB was just trying to be clear about what her and PB talked about that day, because she didn't want the tone of the interview to appear that she didn't care. That interview was for DB and KB to be cleared and stopped being blamed by the public. So any and all details of there commuication with PB that day was to be discussed. However they still only told us what they wanted to tell us, and talking about the face card product was easier than the other issues and questions that were in the air about that day.

I was thinking that maybe he was there fishing as well, and LE are trying to connect the stories. I just don't think any information that we have discussed leaves any room for someone else to have been killed with her?
Unless this person is a drug dealer or some sort of monster, that neither MJ's nor DB's families wants to speak about? But that doesn't make sense either?

So I am believing that he was someone that fell out of a boat.

On March 5, 2011 a man's body was found in the Susqehanna River. I am not sure how long he had been in the river. He was from Pennsylvania.

http://www.wgal.com

A woman's body was found in the Susqehanna River on March 21, 2011.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500