MD - Remains of four fetuses found

As more of the story came out, I started pondering if she was like a group of mothers I know that are into natural child birthing where a dr nor midwife is involved and it is all done the old fashion way: at home by the nature of maternal instinct (yes, it is legal to do this... and if you take proper precautions, you can have a healthy delivery)... and she got scared and didn't know what to do with the stillborn child. But 4 of them... 4... something isn't right, there. I haven't lived in MD long, so I am not up on the laws, but my SO is from around here and it is his understanding that you have to report a death of a baby, regardless if it is a sillborn or not.

She owned her own company and was very active in the community... but obviously she had a very dark side people weren't aware off... or her situation is highly misunderstood. At the rate of there being 4 dead babies on her property, I am leaning towards the dark side theory. Something isn't right...

As more of the story came out, I started pondering if she was like a group of mothers I know that are into natural child birthing where a dr nor midwife is involved and it is all done the old fashion way: at home by the nature of maternal instinct (yes, it is legal to do this... and if you take proper precautions, you can have a healthy delivery)... and she got scared and didn't know what to do with the stillborn child. But 4 of them... 4... something isn't right, there. I haven't lived in MD long, so I am not up on the laws, but my SO is from around here and it is his understanding that you have to report a death of a baby, regardless if it is a sillborn or not.

She owned her own company and was very active in the community... but obviously she had a very dark side people weren't aware off... or her situation is highly misunderstood. At the rate of there being 4 dead babies on her property, I am leaning towards the dark side theory. Something isn't right...

My thoughts as well. If she didn't seek any prenatal care and didn't go to the hospital when she was in labor, she may be negligent, but she's charged with first degree murder. I think we need to wait this one out and see what comes up next.

One source on fox mentioned bruising being noticed by the hospital on her stomach and legs.

This could get interesting by the time we hear
--the rest of the story.

One source on fox mentioned bruising being noticed by the hospital on her stomach and legs.

This could get interesting by the time we hear
--the rest of the story.

I did see something at the bottom of the screen (Fox?) saying domestic violence professionals would be checking out bruises on her.

How old are the 4 children that were alive? I wonder what they'll have to say about all this, if they are old enough.

I did see something at the bottom of the screen (Fox?) saying domestic violence professionals would be checking out bruises on her.

How old are the 4 children that were alive? I wonder what they'll have to say about all this, if they are old enough.

I heard earlier today on FNC that her four children were teenagers. I think a neighbor was speaking. fwiw :)

During one newcast, I saw two smirky teen-age boys sitting/leaning on a porch, and wondered if they were her children. Nothing was said.

This is such a sad story, and crazy. I don't see how someone could keep a dead baby in the home. Just stash the body away, and let it stay there.

To Mystery Addict: This could get interesting by the time we hear
--the rest of the story.

I hear you, Paul Harvey. There's no telling what was going on in that house. But what were her other children doing all this time? Wouldn't there have been an odor? Waiting to see what the impregnator was doing all this time.

And, in advance: :truce: :truce:

I'm almost afraid to say anything nice on here, but I think the Classic Taxi idea is pretty neat. I love the way the old cars look.

Now I'm really mad. She sounds so cold when talking about those babies. I can see why they dismissed the charges in the latest birth and charged first degree murder in the death of the twin born in 2004 (iirc). They stand a better chance of getting a conviction on that charge since the baby was term or near term and she says the baby was alive.

She couldn't even remember the date!

That is just sick. Three children in an upstairs chest. I thought they found a baby in the bathroom.

She is really sick and disgusting. If she didn't want the babies why not use birth control or give them up for adoption? I wonder if the boyfriend even knew she was preg. What in the world is wrong wiht this woman?

Now I'm really mad. She sounds so cold when talking about those babies. I can see why they dismissed the charges in the latest birth and charged first degree murder in the death of the twin born in 2004 (iirc). They stand a better chance of getting a conviction on that charge since the baby was term or near term and she says the baby was alive.

She couldn't even remember the date!

What about twin #2? They didn't mention it but it must have been close to full term too. I can't believe how insensitive this woman is. It's like she could care less. I hope that she is locked up for a long long time. I wonder if she talked to her teenagers about birth control beings she didn't have sense enough to use it. She is just disgusting!

She is really sick and disgusting. If she didn't want the babies why not use birth control or give them up for adoption? I wonder if the boyfriend even knew she was preg. What in the world is wrong wiht this woman?

She's a do it yourselfer. Why didn't she just do a home vasectomy on her partner?

From reading the charging document, I would say she is a sociopath. Those babies meant nothing to her. She couldn't even remember the date she gave birth to full term (or near term) twins. She just doesn't care.

What about twin #2? They didn't mention it but it must have been close to full term too. I can't believe how insensitive this woman is. It's like she could care less. I hope that she is locked up for a long long time. I wonder if she talked to her teenagers about birth control beings she didn't have sense enough to use it. She is just disgusting!

The twins had to be at the same stage..so full term or near term for both. She probably didn't even check to see if the second twin was alive or could be saved.

The baby she just had...they said 26 weeks in one article but the hospital says that the retained placenta was aged 36 weeks. That's far enough along that this baby probably would have lived if suctioned out, etc.

SNOW HILL, Md. — All charges were dropped Wednesday against Christy Freeman, a woman accused of killing her newborn child in 2004 and keeping other sets of fetal remains around her Ocean City home.

Worcester County State's Attorney Joel Todd asked a grand jury in closed-door proceedings Wednesday to dismiss the murder charges, said Barry Neeb, an Ocean City Police spokesman.

Neeb said the dismissal came because of insufficient evidence after a medical examiner's report.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,297383,00.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back