MD MD - Ricardo Levenberry, 19, Jesse Veasey (fd dec), 16, Elkton, 18 Aug 2014 *GUILTY*

i still havent seen in MSM that veasey was positively ID but remains were found where DB says he left them. they will prob never find levenberry, LE says he is "unrecoverable" what will happen to this thread then? one still gone and one ID?

11/19/2015
It is with great sadness and deep regret that we notify you that Jesse Veasey missing from Elkton, MD, has been located deceased. Please discontinue dissemination of this poster.
Please remove and discard any posters on this case that you have placed in public view.
We greatly appreciate your part in our efforts to reunite families and look forward to your continued support.
Thank you for your support.

The National Center for Missing & Exploited Children
www.missingkids.com

11/19/2015
It is with great sadness and deep regret that we notify you that Jesse Veasey missing from Elkton, MD, has been located deceased. Please discontinue dissemination of this poster.
Please remove and discard any posters on this case that you have placed in public view.
We greatly appreciate your part in our efforts to reunite families and look forward to your continued support.
Thank you for your support.

The National Center for Missing & Exploited Children
www.missingkids.com

It's been over two years since Ricardo & Jesse were murdered and a year since the plea deal was made with their killer. The following article is an extensive look at the case.

In desperate search for missing Cecil County teens, authorities make a deal with a killer

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/crime/bal-cecil-teen-homicide-20160826-story.html

Detective Andy Tuer and prosecutor Karl Fockler were preparing for trial when Bennett’s attorney called, saying his client was willing to tell them where he left the bodies. In exchange, he wanted a prison sentence of 20 years. The call was stunning, but reassuring.

“Even though I knew in my heart it was this guy,” Tuer said, “it was validation.”

Tuer phoned the mothers of Jesse and Ricardo.

“Whatever to bring the boys home,” Robinson, Jesse’s mother, told him. She hung up the phone and turned to his father. They both started crying.

“I have a feeling like Little Jesse’s coming home,” Jesse’s father said.

Ricardo’s family agreed.

So after talking with the families, investigators reluctantly made the decision: They would make a deal with Bennett.

Ricardo’s family never got his body back — the whole reason they had agreed to the deal.

Tuer had dreaded this scenario when he first read Bennett’s text, sent on the day Ricardo disappeared, referring to “taking out the trash.” At that time, Tuer had traced the path of the garbage from the motel’s dumpster. He cordoned off the spot of the Cecil County landfill, where the load had been left, in case it needed to be preserved. But his suspicions were nothing more than a hunch, too little to take on the herculean task of searching the vast field of debris.

By the time last August that Bennett revealed the details that got him the plea bargain, the trash fill where Ricardo’s body was believed to be had grown to more than 120 feet across, 90 feet wide and 24 feet deep.

As Tuer and Fockler stood amid dump trucks and sea gulls picking at the piles, officials explained to them that even in a best-case scenario, the compacting process would have reduced the teen’s remains to fragments indistinguishable from chicken bones.

At the time, the deal seemed the right thing to do. Everyone thought it would bring closure. But even Jesse’s mother, who got her son’s body back, continues to be tormented a year after the sentencing.

She keeps his ashes in a box with his picture superimposed over a serene landscape of deer by a creek. Hospice workers made her a keepsake bear using the shirt Jesse was wearing when he died. On the bear’s right arm is the G-shock watch. “Look at that,” she says after bringing out the bear for a visitor recently. “The battery finally died.”

Jesse had once talked about joining the Army, and when it hurts too much, his family pretends he’s off serving with the military. His mother admits to catching herself looking out of her second-floor window, gazing down the street and hoping he might climb out of a car and walk up the driveway.

“Am I ever going out to find out all of it?” she said. “I don’t think I ever will.”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back