Found Deceased MD - Robin Pope, 51, Stevensville, Kent Island, 1 March 2013

Im from maryland but Im about an hr or so from where she is missing from. It was all over the news this morning and I get DC channels.

As soon as they said "estranged husband" and "left her there alone" it immediately sent shivers up my spine.

The news reports, from the start, are that the husband left the house after she arrived (around 11-11:30pm) and returned around 2:00am. Has there been any statement or clarification on where he says he went during that time period? Or whether anyone can verify his whereabouts?

Also wondering whether the husband has any "marks" from a battle on his body?

She and WP haven't been married that long. They were married in August of 2010. Prior to that, she was married and had somewhat of a rocky divorce it seems (mostly due to child support), but all of that was cleared up by 2001. I found a few records for WP, but it was for a lawsuit and his divorce a couple of years ago.

Seems to me if the dog died from blunt force it had to be something like a baseball bat or vehicle. That's a HUGE dog.

I found his divorce to be in 1992 from ex wife Carol.

Why did she go there late friday night to get her things?

Maybe he told her he would not be there at that time,

The news reports, from the start, are that the husband left the house after she arrived (around 11-11:30pm) and returned around 2:00am. Has there been any statement or clarification on where he says he went during that time period? Or whether anyone can verify his whereabouts?

Also wondering whether the husband has any "marks" from a battle on his body?
I'm sure as the search continues Mr. Pope has had interviews with LE to clarify and/or add information as to that night. The short time span he claims he was out of the house plus her late(11pm-11:30pm) arrival troubles me. According to the photo of a house that was posted as her former home and matching it to a mapquest photo ,I noticed no garage and a asphalt area in the front of the house that's used for parking. Ironically there is a black vehicle parked there(possibly hers).

MSP: Divers will not re-enter bay in search for Robin Pope

Police originally said the dog had obvious signs of trauma. Monday, MSP investigators said the dog had tumors.
Maryland State Police (MSP) investigators are now leading the investigation. While the search for clues continues, they say there are no plans to put divers back in the water where Pope's great dane was found Saturday. Several divers spent four hours near Pope's former home on Beach Rd. in Stevensville Saturday.

Read more: http://www.abc2news.com/dpp/news/st...er-bay-in-search-for-robin-pope#ixzz2MbJsoaCi

Brian Kuebler ‏@BrianfromABC2
Bttm line: The disappearance of robin pope is a bit of a mystery.

QA County Sheriff is working with MSP. Says its post on its FB page about Pope is by far the most active it ever had.

MSP says they've interviewed estranged husband of Pope as part of invest but haven't determined anything just yet.

Great Dane's death may be a weird coincidence. Investigators don't know.

Robin Pope search update: her Great Dane found dead on beach did not have trauma. MSP: vet says they were tumors. Adds to mystery.

https://twitter.com/BrianfromABC2

Tumors? Wow. Wasn't expecting that! Poor Bella!

This is an odd twist to this case!

Cheryl Conner ‏@CherylfromABC2
Update from police.. Robin Pope's dog did not die from external trauma and he did not drown. There's no exact cause of death

Cheryl Conner ‏@CherylfromABC2
Update from police.. Robin Pope's dog did not die from external trauma and he did not drown. There's no exact cause of death

How odd...So the dog just dies for no apparent reason the same time Robin goes missing? Why was the dog found 2 doors down? Can they determine a TOD on the dog?

another question, was the dog found in the water under the dock or on dry land under the dock? I thought it was written that it was in the water and if it was then how did she (Bella) get there? As a side note ,my wife had a cat who had tumors and lasted over a year so it doesn't necessarily mean it was the cause of death. Vet records will tell a clearer story as to how far advanced it was.

The ex's timeline concerns me, being away for 2 hours during the exact time RP went missing (and apparently the dog died during that time also). But his calling LE at 2am is confusing to me. Why did he decide to call LE at 2am, did he find something at the house that concerned him, or did he call to report the missing dog ? Wouldn't he just assume she got her stuff and left during the 2 hours he was away ?

Sounds like when the dog was found , the tumor's were mistakenly thought to be trauma. The vet has taken that off the table. Very interested in hearing the dog's COD given the circumstances, hopefully the additional tests will uncover the answer.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phnix
Back