MD - Two killed, 5 injured in Columbia mall shooting, 25 Jan 2014

A Zumiez employee named Chris told WBAL radio that the gunman came out from inside a dressing room and aimed a single-barrel shotgun at the girl behind the counter and 'dropped her.'

'I hit the ground, I heard the other shot to the white male employee,' Chris recalled, saying he began crawling on his hands and knees in a scramble towards the exit.

'I scrambled past his body, got outside the store... heard two more shots and yelled ’shooter call the police!' he said, adding that not a single word was exchanged between the gunman and his victims.

'The first two were more like booming bangs,' Jan Ring told WNEW. 'And then the other two were definitely clearer shots.

'We saw a couple dead bodies,' she added, beginning to cry. 'One person was shot in the head laying there dead.'

Authorities found both victims and the shooter dead inside a Zumiez when they arrived, police confirmed, adding that they do not believe there are any additional shooters.

Five additional people were hospitalized - one with a gunshot wound, one had a seizure and another sprained an ankle, it is not clear what injuries the other two sustained.

'We are very confident that there was a single shooter,' McMahon said.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-Baltimore-mall-food-court.html#ixzz2rSE0Xv7y

I'm wondering if this was a crazed boyfriend (current/ex)? If what is being reported is true...that the guy came out of the dressing room and shot her first...and then him...then it seems he planned this out and knew exactly who he was going after. What a tragedy.

usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2014/01/25/22447283-young-mother-among-victims-of-maryland-mall-shooting?lite

Sounds like the young lady had a son. So many hearts are broken today.
I hope that little one has people to love and care for him !

Still no word on the shooter's id.

This is so tragic. It scares me as my daughters love to go to the mall near us. These young people did not deserve this. I am sending silent prayers to their families and all those affected by this senseless act of violence.

Looking at the 2 victim's FBs was heartbreaking. So young and vibrant with so much to live for. They had a lot of friends and family that are just devastated. :cry:

I'm wondering if this was a crazed boyfriend (current/ex)? If what is being reported is true...that the guy came out of the dressing room and shot her first...and then him...then it seems he planned this out and knew exactly who he was going after. What a tragedy.
BBM
My first thought, too, was that this might be a domestic situation. It's also reported that the store is located on the 2nd floor of the mall, so it appears the shooter knew exactly where he wanted to be and didn't choose that shop or the victims randomly.

I'm also thinking, especially since the young woman was a manager, the shooter might be a former employee of the skate shop who had recently been fired. The male victim worked there only since November. A customer escaped.

That certainly makes sense too (former employee)...well it doesn't make sense (senseless)...but you know what I mean.

BBM
My first thought, too, was that this might be a domestic situation. It's also reported that the store is located on the 2nd floor of the mall, so it appears the shooter knew exactly where he wanted to be and didn't choose that shop or the victims randomly.

I'm also thinking, especially since the young woman was a manager, the shooter might be a former employee of the skate shop who had recently been fired. The male victim worked there only since November. A customer escaped.

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-25...ous-ex-boyfriend-strapped-handmade-bombs.html

DM says they were engaged. Wondered if that was true, because there was no mention or picture (I think) of Briana on Tyler's FB.
Wouldn't be the first time DM has made a mistake, though.:)

Personally I think it's sickening when people resort to murder because someone has broken up with them/found someone else. So what ? So someone left you, and you decide to end lives over it --- maybe they were wise to leave you ?
Just shows an inflated sense of self , like the killer's life is more important than anyone else's. Ranting because this makes me mad. Two young lives gone for no reason.

MOO

www.foxnews.com/us/2014/01/26/police-respond-to-report-shooting-at-maryland-mall/

The gunman in Saturday's Mall in Columbia shooting in Maryland is identified as 19-year-old Darion Marcus Aguilar, Howard County police say.

www.cnn.com/2014/01/26/us/maryland-mall-shooting/index.html

The suspect arrived by cab about an hour before the shooting, and his movements at the mall were limited, McMahon said, adding that Aguilar fired between six and eight shots.

McMahon also said that Aguilar had bought the gun in December himself, and had been in the mall for about an hour before the first shots rang out on Saturday.

Although one of the victims lives in the same town as the suspect, police said there was no immediate connection between the two. McMahon said police are trying to determine whether Aguilar knew either of the victims.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/201...ntify-gunman-in-deadly-maryland-mall-shooting

In the press conference they said if there is a connection between the shooter and the victims they haven't found it yet. I think this guy's plan was much bigger and thankfully the police response was so quick he hurriedly killed himself. jmo

The media was sure hasty in calling this a "possible love triangle". Can post links if I can locate them again.
Never like it when the media jumps to conclusions ; it just appears like they don't do their research thoroughly ; imo.

fwiw....... www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-25...ous-ex-boyfriend-strapped-handmade-bombs.html

Kept thinking CNN news had described a 'domestic situation', but that was yesterday and I'm unable to find a link.

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-25...ous-ex-boyfriend-strapped-handmade-bombs.html

DM says they were engaged. Wondered if that was true, because there was no mention or picture (I think) of Briana on Tyler's FB.
Wouldn't be the first time DM has made a mistake, though.:)

Personally I think it's sickening when people resort to murder because someone has broken up with them/found someone else. So what ? So someone left you, and you decide to end lives over it --- maybe they were wise to leave you ?
Just shows an inflated sense of self , like the killer's life is more important than anyone else's. Ranting because this makes me mad. Two young lives gone for no reason.

MOO

www.foxnews.com/us/2014/01/26/police-respond-to-report-shooting-at-maryland-mall/

The gunman in Saturday's Mall in Columbia shooting in Maryland is identified as 19-year-old Darion Marcus Aguilar, Howard County police say.

www.cnn.com/2014/01/26/us/maryland-mall-shooting/index.html

The suspect arrived by cab about an hour before the shooting, and his movements at the mall were limited, McMahon said, adding that Aguilar fired between six and eight shots.

What is going on with all these violent young men??

"A woman identifying herself as his mother told a small group of reporters Sunday that she was in total disbelief at what had happened.

'If you were to go in his room you would see what a gentle sweet kid he was,' she said, adding that he was a vegetarian because he was concerned about animal welfare."

'I don't know what happened, I really don't. It's so unusual, you can talk to any of his friends and find out what a gentle person he was."

'I don't know, he's never had a gun before, never been interested in guns or anything like that. I just don't know what happened, I just don't know what happened.'

"The woman, who didn't give her name, told reporters she didn't believe her son knew his victims, contradicting earlier local radio reports that he had dated Benlolo."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...nd-strapped-handmade-bombs.html#ixzz2rXxuibxs

Okay here is a photo of the shooter from this site:

article-2546215-1AFAFE6F00000578-252_306x423.jpg

Here is a photo from Brianna's Facebook page dated May 26, 2013:

Is it just me or is it the same guy? From the above article:

A person who attended the high school with Aguilar told The Associated Press that he was an avid skateboarder. Maybe he was a regular customer at the skate shop?

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/01/27/us-usa-maryland-shooting-idUSBREA0O0IU20140127
Aguilar lived less than a mile away from Benlolo, the female victim, in a quiet middle-class neighborhood with tree-lined streets in College Park, which is home to the University of Maryland's flagship campus.

There was no answer at Aguilar's address. Neighbors said he lived there with his mother and possibly a sister, and that the family, who had only moved in within the last couple of years, kept to themselves.
If Aguilar and Benlolo didn't know each other firsthand, I wonder if Aguilar was stalking Benlolo. He might have seen her in the community within the short time he'd lived there and developed an obsession with her. Unless LE finds surveillance footage (including from the skate shop) where Aguilar can be observed watching Benlolo, a witness who noticed stalking behavior, or secret notes or gifts to Benlolo that can be traced back to Aguilar, it may not be possible to establish stalking behavior even if it existed. :moo:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back