GUILTY MD - William McQuain, 11, Germantown, 30 Sept 2011

Police have arrested the ex-husband of Maryland mom Jane McQuain in connection with her murder, but are still searching for her 11-year-old son William who was last seen several weeks ago.

Ronald McCombs, McQuain's ex-boyfriend, said that he knew Lopez was responsible when he heard the news of McQuain's death early today.

"We talked two weeks ago and Jane said she was scared for her life, that he was threatening to kill her, he wanted to move back with her," McCombs said. "She didn't want him. He doesn't work, he hasn't had a job since he left prison three or four or five years ago and she didn't want anyone right now. Just wanted to focus on raising William."

McCombs said Lopez had been in prison for stabbing a man multiple times and putting him in a trunk, and had been in jail for twenty-some years. Lopez and McQuain had been married before Lopez went to prison, McCombs said.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/husband-arrested-moms-death-son-missing/story?id=14730592

I think so. Jane commented on the picture too.

I don't see Janes comment but I do see the friends sister commented. The friends sister has a daughter that has her FB pic changed to Williams picture.

I wonder why she didn't divorce him while he was in prison? I am so worried about William. I'm sure the step dad was angry she had a child with someone else while he was incarcerated. :(

That is the scary part, to be sure. ABC reports that he is her ex-husband, so who knows what the marital status was?

That is the scary part, to be sure. ABC reports that he is her ex-husband, so who knows what the marital status was?

bbm

And then there's this:

Lopez is McQuain’s husband and the step-father of William McQuain.

http://www.wjla.com/articles/2011/1...d-dead-son-william-and-car-missing-67807.html

There are many things possible, including that this man may in fact be Curtis Lopez' son - yet Jane McQuain didn't want him to know (that is, if they had conjugal visits?). That sounds farfetched, but I know of one family who didn't want the father, who was in prison, to know that he had a daughter.

ETA: I don't think it's *likely* in this case, but, still, anything is possible...

These newest developments give me little hope for William being safe.
The murderer needs to fess up where William is, so mother and son can be laid to rest together :( :(

Right after I read that he was picked up in NC, I goggled news stations and then emailed them; I received a response within about 45 minutes that they would report on it immediately. I thought that since the perp was picked up in NC, they needed to be reporting on it there. I am still HOPING that little William will be found alive; and hopefully where the perp ran to. The only way to find him there is to report the incident there. I am happy that they finally got on the ball and began reporting.

There is a LOT of area in a 7 hour drive. :( I have 3 little boys, and I am just hoping for William.

Watched the press conference- Mr. Lopez was seen removing property from Ms. McQuaine's residence & locals said he frequented the residence. They contacted Mr. Lopes before body was discovered yesterday but after the missing persons report was taken. He was referred to as her husband. He was arrested at the hotel where the car was found.

Adding to the PC info- He was arrested due to inconsistencies in his story. They believe she was alive through Oct 1 or 2, deceased 10-12 days. They referred to him as William's step-father.

Just watched the local NBC broadcast. Neighbors reported Curtis Lopez being around recently and removing things from the condo/apartment. They did repeatedly refer to him as "husband".

ETA: Oops - I see this has been reported. Sorry!

More recent picture of William being used on several FB profiles.

this is not sounding good, hopefully he is with a relative

I wonder why she didn't divorce him while he was in prison? I am so worried about William. I'm sure the step dad was angry she had a child with someone else while he was incarcerated. :(

I wonder why the Frankfurter she married him? It seems like she was so torn in living a good life yet drawn back in to a bad. So sad

Please let young William be found alive and safe, please o please o please.

Police in Charlotte, N.C., arrested Curtis Maurice Lopez, 45, on a Maryland arrest warrant about 9:30 a.m. Thursday, outside an EconoLodge, where he was staying with another woman, police spokeswoman Officer Janelle Smith said.

http://www.gazette.net/article/2011...in-death-of-germantown-woman&template=gazette

Sorry if this has been posted already

Oh this really doesn't look good. Three's a crowd, and I have a feeling little William is no longer with us. :(

The only thing that gives me hope is that - if Curtis Lopez was going to kill William as well, why not do it at the condo and leave him there? Unless William ran from him and he caught him later?

This whole thing makes me sick.

Oh this really doesn't look good. Three's a crowd, and I have a feeling little William is no longer with us. :(

The only thing that gives me hope is that - if Curtis Lopez was going to kill William as well, why not do it at the condo and leave him there? Unless William ran from him and he caught him later?

This whole thing makes me sick.

I'm afraid also. The above article states Lopez was seen taking things out of her home. If and only if he is a drug addict and has been shakin up doing drugs, well the thought scares me.

IMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA
Back