ME ME - Ayla Reynolds, 20 mnths, Waterville, 17 December 2011 - # 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that most people can understand why it is important for LE to keep certain details of and investigation secret. I think that it is a mistake to try to keep everything or even most things secret.

As I see it, quite a bit of information pertaining to any crime could be very useful and generate more fruitful leads if investigators are skillful in knowing exactly which details should be disclosed early on and which ones to hold back. The problem is that it is just simpler for police to say "no comment" than it is to take the time to
sort out what is okay to disclose and what isn't.

I will say that there have been rare occassions in which LE has skillfully used the media to great advantage. Others here might be better at naming an example or two. (I really do have a brain, it just doesn't always cooperate. My memory will probably kick in at some very inconvenient time, like when I have a head full of shampoo.)

From Hazel's post above:

Can I file this in the Captain Obvious file? :banghead:

Sheesh, I feel everyone's frustration. We all knew that almost immediately. It seems to me that the difference in these cases where they are solved right away is that LE knew the "story" didn't add up and then they interrogated their suspect until they broke. I'm thinking about the Tyler Dasher and Aliahna Lemmon cases. I know that isn't always possible, but it seems to be what needs to happen if they hope to get some closure. Ugh!

1st BBM: :great: :floorlaugh::floorlaugh: Captain Obvious File ... lol ...

2nd BBM: I totally agree ...

MOO ...

Working on a new thread, will be closing this one in a few...

When I logged onto WS after Christmas festivities I wanted to see what was going on with Little lost Ayla. I saw the DECEASEDwritten on Alihana's thread and freaked thinking it was Ayla. It is horrible and devastating either way, but am relieved it is not yet in front of poor sweet Ayla's name yet. This is so hard. :rose:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500