ME ME - Ayla Reynolds, 20 mnths, Waterville, 17 December 2011 - # 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well you have to admit it is unique, a poem. Maybe someone pointed it out to the media, or a media person noticed it? And the media would have found out anyway when a subpeona came for the indentity of the person, probably. Anyway, we always hear about a tip or two in detail, in these cases, and nothing about the other hundreds or thousands.

Wasn`t it a comment from a news media article? If so, than I think the media outlet reported about it so it became a news story i.e. media creating their own stories. JMO

Anything is possible. Both scenarios. However, perhaps the media should ask both Justin and Trista more questions about their friends, acquaintances...if they feel any of them may have come and taken Baby Ayla, etc. As opposed to media interviews that seem to be each talking about the other. That is not going to help to find Ayla. The police may need to give a bit more info to the public too. Regarding findings. Such as no evidence of decomp found in vehicles or the home...this would lead to more public to believe she was in fact abducted and not killed by her dad, or anyone in the home. They also need to be a little more forthcoming with if any polygraphs were taken. Again...this can work in two ways. If he failed, someone who has information may come forward now that they know the police has a failed poly. If someone has some kind of info, but afraid to come forward this could be one way to obtain more solid leads.

I'm actually amazed and somewhat impressed at this point that Justin has NOT had any bashing words for Trista - nothing about her substance issues except she needed rehab which she had already shared with us.

I'm actually amazed and somewhat impressed at this point that Justin has NOT had any bashing words for Trista - nothing about her substance issues except she needed rehab which she had already shared with us.

I agree Sparklin.

A couple people have referred to TR taking drugs and alcohol. I must've missed it, coul someone please post a link for thar? Thanks :)

Specifically, for her being a polydrug (I'm considering alcohol as a drug) user.

On the evening of Oct. 17, a few days after Trista Reynolds entered drug rehabilitation, DiPietro, of Waterville, arrived at the Lewiston police station.
http://www.kjonline.com/news/police-log-offers-insight-into-custody-issues_2011-12-30.html
We've already determined that substance abuse can be alcohol, not just drugs. However, never heard of alcohol as a drug..not clinically, anyhow. Trista herself has said she went into rehab for a "drinking problem" which leans toward alcohol, of course..however, her local paper reported drug rehab...that is why you are seeing the polydrug analogy.

Yes, I think it would be great for Nancy Grace to show up at Justin's and interview him ...

BUT ... JMO, I think he will run like a "scared rat" ... I took his statement to be somewhat "snarky" ...

I mean Nancy Grace "is what she is" -- and I don't mean that in a bad way --
Nancy is "just Nancy" ...

She can be a real "hard *$$" when she wants to be ...

BUT I will give her credit where credit is due -- she does keep many of the missing person's cases out there !

JMO ... but I think it would be interesting for her to show up -- and give him the "3rd Degree" ...

MOO ...

Don't get me wrong, I think NG is great and love her style and passion, but she can be "snarky" extreme and he's just responding in kind. I dunno I see him as distraught, you look at earlier pics of him not too long ago and he looks to have aged a decade at least and hasn't slept in just as long. Not saying that implies innocence or guilt as to whatever it is that happened to Ayla, but it's what I see when I look at him.

Me personally, if my daughter were missing and I knew I wasn't responsible and felt the accusations hindered progress elsewhere, I'd probably be pretty snarky myself despite understanding it to a point as he says. Overall I just don't see his demeanor odd as some have, I'd probably be more reclusive and internalizing my thoughts/feelings in that position rather than smiling and laughing publicly like TR is. Again not saying either is right or wrong or implies sinister implications, just ppl react differently to stressors/trauma/grief/fear.

True. But there must be hundreds if not thousands of leads we aren't hearing about. And yet...we are hearing about this one.

probably because subpoenas aren't issued in the other hundreds/thousands of leads, but because of the nature and anonymity of this newspaper entry one was this instance

Alcohol IS substance abuse, it IS a drug, and a highly dangerous one at that. Just because it is legal does not make it less troublesome for many people, or less destructive.
I have worked with addicts for a few years now, and I can tell you that being an alcoholic is a very dangerous addiction, and it's very hard to conquer.

I hope that Trista can hang on to her sobriety for the sake of her babies. It has to be extremely tough trying to recover while facing such a horrendous nightmare. I would not be surprised if she did relapse due to the stress. She is in a fragile place right now, and this situation has to be agonizing.

EXACTLY!! This reminds me of the song, "Walk a Mile in My Shoes"....

Drove by this afternoon. The home is TINY. Yes, there may be an attic bedroom, but it would have slanted ceilings. The whole home is maybe 1000 ft to be generous.

When I went by mid-afternoon, there was a white Channel 8 SUV parked with engine running on opposite side of street from house, and at curb in front of house, a young man (not JD; in his late teens or early 20s, blondish hair and goatee) was apparently greeting/accepting biz card from male person who had issued from Ch 8 vehicle. Not a reporter I recognized, but I didn't stop to ID him either.

There is a sad/bedraggled, IMO small pile of stuffed animals in the front yard. All crime scene tape is down. Will get & share video when I can go back.

Drove by this afternoon. The home is TINY. Yes, there may be an attic bedroom, but it would have slanted ceilings. The whole home is maybe 1000 ft to be generous.

When I went by mid-afternoon, there was a white Channel 8 SUV parked with engine running on opposite side of street from house, and at curb in front of house, a young man (not JD; in his late teens or early 20s, blondish hair and goatee) was apparently greeting/accepting biz card from male person who had issued from Ch 8 vehicle. Not a reporter I recognized, but I didn't stop to ID him either.

There is a sad/bedraggled, IMO small pile of stuffed animals in the front yard. All crime scene tape is down. Will get & share video when I can go back.

:tyou: Thanks for this update.

:innocent: I am just curious [as usual] ... but do you know what the locals are saying, or thinking, happened to Ayla ?

TIA ...

:tyou: Thanks for this update.

:innocent: I am just curious [as usual] ... but do you know what the locals are saying, or thinking, happened to Ayla ?

TIA ...

The locals are as befuzzled as everyone else, as far as I can tell. I wish I had a better report.

I find the post by an "AJ" very disturbing. She wrote:
A Away where no one can harm her again
Y Your Life will be happy now.
L Loved by those who took you to safety
A A new life far from the insanity in Maine

http://www.aylareynolds.com/

That's just so sad. Why would someone post that on a website where this baby's mother and other relatives were going to read it? ugh.

I'm so glad that LE got on this right away. Everyone is entitled to their opinions, but there's no evidence that this poor baby is "safe" right now. I personally don't believe in the cozy cottage where all missing babies go - we have to look at the facts. :cow:

Thanks so much, since some of us are hundreds of miles from Maine and it's hard to tell what the house looks like from snippets of video.

I've been thinking the house looked small for a while now. How could anyone just walk into that house, go upstairs, get the baby, and walk back out without someone hearing something?

I live in an older small house myself. If someone walks in my door, I can hear it on the other end of the house. If someone opens a window in the middle of the night, we can hear it. It just seems implausible to me that this was a kidnapping.

Thanks so much, since some of us are hundreds of miles from Maine and it's hard to tell what the house looks like from snippets of video.

I've been thinking the house looked small for a while now. How could anyone just walk into that house, go upstairs, get the baby, and walk back out without someone hearing something?

I live in an older small house myself. If someone walks in my door, I can hear it on the other end of the house. If someone opens a window in the middle of the night, we can hear it. It just seems implausible to me that this was a kidnapping.

I can hear people walking around in my house too. And if i were home alone I would probably jump out of bed and load the gun. But right now we have a full house of adults sleeping here. So I don't notice footsteps anymore. I would never be able to sleep at all if I took notice of everytime someone used the bathroom or the stairs or the kitchen. My 23 yr old and his gf are living her for awhile and they use the bathroom and kitchen when they are leaving for work at 6 am and I never even hear it. I tune it out now.

So, imo, someone quiet could have snuck in unnoticed.

I must say, having seen the house, it is hard for me to imagine an "intruder" entering, going upstairs, coming back down with Ayla and exiting with her, undetected. No way no how.

And the houses on either side are SO close. :snooty:

I can hear people walking around in my house too. And if i were home alone I would probably jump out of bed and load the gun. But right now we have a full house of adults sleeping here. So I don't notice footsteps anymore. I would never be able to sleep at all if I took notice of everytime someone used the bathroom or the stairs or the kitchen. My 23 yr old and his gf are living her for awhile and they use the bathroom and kitchen when they are leaving for work at 6 am and I never even hear it. I tune it out now.

So, imo, someone quiet could have snuck in unnoticed.

I had the a similar situation lol, although I can sleep through anything! But, you got me thinking how would an intruder count on not waking up ANYONE, even Ayla not waking up crying or the other baby? VERY RISKY! With all the people in the house & babies upstairs...why would someone anticipate they could get away with this? I would think you would solid plan to rob a bank or a home (given a houseful of people) if you thought you didn't want to get caught? There were so many things that could have gone wrong...just doesn't make sense, plus LE is focusing on around the home, not a parental kidnapping. Really...you think Mom & her friends would be UP to that? I know that sounds cruel, but just saying.

I toss things around, but the only thing that adds up is someone in that house that night and motive. And no, I don't think Mom was mother of the year by far or parents of the year; most of these missing kids don't have a stable or nurturing (that is not the term I want to use but I am lacking the word I want) environment or home it seems. Sorry, worked a very long day, but although Mom has her problems; she comes off as very concerned & honest & Dad...well, seems perhaps he had help from a defense lawyer with statements. Regardless, this little precious human being needs to be found no matter what & justice brought to whomever.

Well you have to admit it is unique, a poem. Maybe someone pointed it out to the media, or a media person noticed it? And the media would have found out anyway when a subpeona came for the indentity of the person, probably. Anyway, we always hear about a tip or two in detail, in these cases, and nothing about the other hundreds or thousands.

Somehow I missed the information regarding a poem? Would someone be so kind as to summarize where this information came from, and what poem is being discussed?
TIA

Okay...now I know which poem is being referred to...the one on Ayla's Page.
I read it earlier and thought it was unsettling to have it on the Ayla's Angels page.
The name of the poet is AJ (I guess I can't complete the name here). Do we know who she is?
TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member