ME ME - Jeremy Alex, 28, Northport, 24 April 2004

Just to say that I used to do a fair amount of drugs, and after three or four days of solid cocaine use once (with no sleep), my boyfriend at the time and I drove all around England, convinced that 'bad people' were after us. And neither of us had ever had a paranoid episode before. We were only lucky that we didn't have something bad happen to us, and I hate to think what would have happened had we been on foot and in a large forest. So I could totally believe that drugs caused the paranoia.

That said, it looks like there are a lot of local rumours that Jeremy was growing and selling magic mushrooms and also owed money to a local drug dealer, so he was living a dangerous life, for sure.

What a shame - looks like he was a talented and intelligent guy. Hope his family get peace one day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bumping for Jeremy, missing 14 years ago today, from Northport, Maine.
The Maine State Police FB page featured him today:
attachment.php

https://www.facebook.com/MaineSP/?h...Xkowp84kXH__et-O6XYKpf4vnlruIdN45X2S0&fref=nf

Attachments

• JeremyAlex1.jpg
    JeremyAlex1.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 166
Jeremy Ted Alex – The Charley Project
Jeremy Theodore “Ted” Alex
jeremy_ted_alex_1.jpg
jeremy_ted_alex_2.jpg
jeremy_ted_alex_3.jpg

Alex, circa 2004

Missing Since: 04/24/2004
Missing From: Northport, Maine
Classification: Endangered Missing
Sex: Male
Race: White
Date of Birth: 04/08/1976 (44)
Height and Weight: 5'5 - 5'7, 150 pounds

Clothing/Jewelry Description: An olive-green flannel Timberland sweatshirt, blue jeans or brown corduroy pants and sneakers. Carrying a red backpack.

Medical Conditions: Alex was apparently disoriented at the time of his disappearance and may have been under the influence of drugs. He has been addicted to substances for much of his adult life.

Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian male. Brown hair, brown eyes. Alex smoked hand-rolled cigarettes at the time of his disappearance.

Details of Disappearance

Alex visited his girlfriend on the morning April 24, 2004. He was moving items to their new home on Harbor Road in Northport, Maine that day. At 5:20 p.m., one of Alex's former high school teachers, who lives on Pound Hill Road near Bluff Road, behind Jeff's Marine, saw him come running out of the woods near her home. The location is about a mile and a half from Alex's new home.

The woman says Alex was acting paranoid and erratic and appeared to be hallucinating. He told her that "bad guys" were trying to hurt him. Her husband tried to get Alex to remain at the scene while the woman called the police, but he ran away before authorities could arrive. Shortly afterwards a motorist saw him crossing Route 1. He has never been heard from again.

Alex's van was found the next day in a small parking area off Pound Hill Road, on property belonging to the Waldo County Humane Society. His keys and cellular phone were inside the vehicle but there was no sign of Alex. Several searches of the area failed to turn up any evidence as to his whereabouts.

In September 2004, a contractor in Jackson, Maine, about 45 minutes away from Northport, reported seeing a man who matched Alex's description. He says he was working on a house when the man, who had a sweater tied around his waist, came out of the woods. The man was acting strangely, would not speak, and did not seem to understand anything spoken to him. The contractor offered him food but the man refused. A person living nearby says he also saw the unidentified man and he also believes he was Alex. The second witness says the man came to his garage but would not answer questions and eventually walked away after being told to leave. These sightings have not been confirmed but are considered credible.

Alex's parents say he has never left without warning before; they believe he may have met with foul play. They say he had the skills to survive alone in the woods if he had to. Alex was employed as a freelance gardener in 2004. He enjoys skateboarding, reading and playing the guitar. His case remains unsolved.

Investigating Agency

Maine State Police 207-624-7076

Source Information

I actually live in Northport and have for about 7 years now. I also worked and went to school in Belfast yet I've never heard anyone mention anything about this case before. I only became aware of it a year or two ago when I first got into crime and searched "Maine Missing Persons". Jeremy Alex was at the top of the list. Since I've lived in the area I haven't seen a single poster, a single picture. Not a single word about this case has ever crossed my path. It seems forgotten. When I return home (I'm currently away for a few months) I might try and put up some posters or something to get the word out and maybe spark up some new attention. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who has thought of Jeremy recently.

NamUS - UP72422

Jawbone found in creek in Unity, Maine.

Sex - Unsure
Race/Ethnicity - Unsure
Estimated Age Group - Adult - Pre 40
Estimated Age Range (Years) - 25-35
Hair Color - Unknown
Eye Color - Unknown

Location - Unity, Waldo County, Maine
Date Body Found - May 28, 2020
Found On Tribal Land - No
Circumstances of Recovery - Lower mandible found in stream
Condition of Remains - Not recognizable - Partial skeletal parts only
Estimated PMI - 20 Years

Possibly Jeremy Alex. Age range matches and the PMI is close (Jeremy's been missing for over 17 years). Unity, ME is about 30 miles from Northport, ME so it's not an unreasonable distance for a dump site. Thoughts?

Murder She Told Podcast just released an episode about Jeremy's disappearance

2004 - Northport, Maine.

Something about 28-year-old Jeremy Alex was different. He wasn’t his usual free-spirited self—lately, he’d been acting more and more paranoid that bad guys were coming after him.

Then, on the cool evening of April 24, 2004, Jeremy suddenly ran into his former teacher’s backyard in a panic, wad of cash in hand. Despite trying to calm him, Jeremy ran off into the thick Maine forest, never to be seen again.

The truth of what happened that night is just as bizarre and murky as it was in 2004. But the Alex family is hopeful that through a tangled web of speculation and rumors, the truth will eventually emerge. After all, how much longer can somebody keep a secret?

If you have any information on the disappearance of Jeremy Alex, please contact the Maine State Police Major Crimes Central at (207) 624-7076 ext. 9.

Episode sources and photos: blog coming soon!

Support Murder, She Told: Support Murder, She Told — Murder, She Told: Maine & New England True Crime Podcast

Just a quick update to the above post from chaddylex. We have since published our webpage including a comprehensive set of images.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MeanBean
Back