ME ME - Michelle Jakaitis, 22, Rumford, 31 December 1986

I’m happy to help anytime I can! :)

I wish I were comfortable around FOIA requests. I’d see if we could get more information.
I was also wondering about FOIA! I see people in the Maura Murray case talking about that all the time and trying to do all kinds of things with the state.

Hmm I wonder if there are any digital or library yearbook photos of her. I don’t pay for ancestry or classmates type of things, but I remember doing a trial and finding some super old yearbook photos of people.

I was also wondering about FOIA! I see people in the Maura Murray case talking about that all the time and trying to do all kinds of things with the state.

Hmm I wonder if there are any digital or library yearbook photos of her. I don’t pay for ancestry or classmates type of things, but I remember doing a trial and finding some super old yearbook photos of people.
I have Ancestry and classmates and had no luck with either. Doesn’t mean they don’t exist there, but I couldn’t find anything.

No offense to anyone who lives there, I like Rumford, but of all places to disappear, I wonder why there? Been to it and through it a handful of times, and except for the mill, there's absolutely nothing there. Unless you grew up there, or are visiting someone you know there, or are there for work, there's no draw, no attraction whatsoever. My ex was there for a few months for work, that was the only reason I went there deliberately. It's also on the way to some popular ski areas. I wish we had more information to go on.

No offense to anyone who lives there, I like Rumford, but of all places to disappear, I wonder why there? Been to it and through it a handful of times, and except for the mill, there's absolutely nothing there. Unless you grew up there, or are visiting someone you know there, or are there for work, there's no draw, no attraction whatsoever. My ex was there for a few months for work, that was the only reason I went there deliberately. It's also on the way to some popular ski areas. I wish we had more information to go on.
It seemed like she was visiting someone or went with friends but who knows. It used to be a much nicer area decades ago and it has gone downhill but there are things there. Nature places all around, it has its own small ski mountain, etc. But for someone 2 states away to be there, I wish we knew more about why.

It seemed like she was visiting someone or went with friends but who knows. It used to be a much nicer area decades ago and it has gone downhill but there are things there. Nature places all around, it has its own small ski mountain, etc. But for someone 2 states away to be there, I wish we knew more about why.
I've traveled through Rumford off and on since 1974, as it was on route to the summer camp I attended, and I have to disagree, it wasn't a much nicer area decades ago. The last time I was there was in 2000, and it hadn't changed much, but I'm specifically referring to the town itself. As to the surrounding area and its natural beauty, there are far more stunning places to visit in Maine.

I've traveled through Rumford off and on since 1974, as it was on route to the summer camp I attended, and I have to disagree, it wasn't a much nicer area decades ago. The last time I was there was in 2000, and it hadn't changed much, but I'm specifically referring to the town itself. As to the surrounding area and its natural beauty, there are far more stunning places to visit in Maine.
I’m talking more than 2 decades ago. I have gone regularly my whole life. This isn’t a discussion about driving through Rumford, though. Michelle clearly wasn’t form there but went there for a specific reason. There are lots of small Maine towns with beauty. It’s great that you don’t like to, though. Good for you!

I've found two pictures of Michelle posted by one of her brothers on FB, when she was a little girl. Don't know a date but they were already with four children at the time, the youngest one sharing the same mother and another dad, who must have already been in Michelle's life at an early age, considering the setting. Can't post them here because it's private. I'm thinking maybe MA didn't disclose all records (yet). Even with mother's maiden name found no birth records, no marriage to Jakaitis or divorce from, nor his dead.

I've found two pictures of Michelle posted by one of her brothers on FB, when she was a little girl. Don't know a date but they were already with four children at the time, the youngest one sharing the same mother and another dad, who must have already been in Michelle's life at an early age, considering the setting. Can't post them here because it's private. I'm thinking maybe MA didn't disclose all records (yet). Even with mother's maiden name found no birth records, no marriage to Jakaitis or divorce from, nor his dead.
Good job. I see them. So I wonder why we can’t find anything as far as records go. Well, we have an idea of what she would have looked like now. It’s the TH brother’s FB for anyone interested.

I’m talking more than 2 decades ago. I have gone regularly my whole life. This isn’t a discussion about driving through Rumford, though. Michelle clearly wasn’t form there but went there for a specific reason. There are lots of small Maine towns with beauty. It’s great that you don’t like to, though. Good for you!
I'm sorry, I'm not sure what is meant by "It's great you don't like to". I liked Rumford.

updated 3/25/2023

No photo

Name: Michelle Ann Jakaitis
Case Classification: Endangered Missing
Missing Since: December 31, 1986
Location Last Seen: Rumford, Oxford County, Maine

Physical Description​

Date of Birth: Circa 1964
Race: White / Caucasian
Height: 5'5"
Weight: 120 lbs
Hair Color: Blond/Strawberry. long dirty blonde hair.
Eye Color: Blue
Nickname/Alias: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Scar/mark: scar on stomach

Identifiers​

Dentals: Unknown
Fingerprints: Unknown
DNA: Unknown

Clothing & Personal Items​

Clothing: short purple jacket
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Footwear: white sneakers with blue stripes

Circumstances of Disappearance​

Michelle is from Massachusetts but had visited Maine when she disappeared. She was last seen in the Rumford area.

NamUs Case Number: 40767

Information Source(s)​

NamUs

Admin Notes​

Added: 03/25/2023; Last Updated: 03-25-2023 - By: Admin

I have a question. Could it be they chose not to add pictures of Michelle in het Namus file, because they only have pictures of her being a little girl and this could be confusing, because she went missing at 22 yrs old. Why don't do an age-progression if this is the case?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
softtaillover
Back