ME - Nicholas & Lola Kampf for kidnap of 19yo daughter, North Yarmouth, 15 Sept 2006

bakerprune64 said:
Hey Amra, here are some computer monitor cleaners...I hear they also work great on keyboards:D
LOL Thanks!!!
:blowkiss:

It sounds like the daughter may have not picked the best boyfriend out of the bunch, didn't we all do that as teens? We didn't all get pregnant though but she is an adult and the parents had no business doing that to her. In the course of a day they destroyed their relationship with their daughter and any hope of seeing their grandbaby. Something tells me that their relationship wasn't the best anyways. I feel so bad for this little girl who needs a mom so much now.

The article has a really cute picture of Katelyn Kampf with her baby, D'Andre Johnson :) It blows my mind that these people got away with the racially motivated kidnapping of their own daughter!

No Jail Time for Parents in Daughter's Abduction

Less than an hour after listening to her parents plead guilty to their role in a bizarre kidnapping case, 20-year-old Katelyn Kampf vowed she would neither forgive nor forget what they did to her.

"I want to tell them how much they hurt me … and how angry I am. I've never heard my mom say she was sorry, ever," she said.

Neither one of the Kampf parents looked at their daughter or new grandson during the hour-long hearing.

Kampf has long contended that race also played a role in her parent's actions. Katelyn Kampf's boyfriend Reme Johnson is black. She is white.
"I did tell the detectives at the time that I thought my parents were racist and that's why they didn't want me to have the baby," she said.

In a plea agreement with the district attorney's office, reached over Katelyn Kampf's objections, her parents pled guilty to misdemeanor assault charges and disorderly conduct. Felony kidnapping charges were dropped, and the Kampfs will not serve any jail time.

As part of their plea agreement, the Kampfs have been ordered to undergo therapy, including sessions with their daughter. But Katelyn Kampf is adamant that will never happen.

The judge must have been asleep during the detailing of the facts of this case. Sometimes, and I use this statement most carefully, a child must leave a parent alone, especially if they've reached adulthood and such actions have happened in the family.

This young lady needs to find the love, support comfort and protection from a new family, hopefully the father of the Baby is mature enough to see how badly he's needed at this time in the lives of these two human beings, for the court has been foolish.

I pray divine protection and wisdom for this young couple raising this little soul.

Baker and Amra, missed ya in chat. I've been breaking for a little while. Are you guys still in chat? Baker, have you been playing nice in the neighborhood chat? I bet!

Thank you for the update...

I am enraged that these two are not going to see any jail time....
And why the hell are they ordered counseling with their daughter????

If some stranger abducted her with the intent of forcing her to have an abortion (say even someone she knew) due to racial reasons does anyone here think they would have escaped jail time??
Does anyone think that they would have been ordered to go to counseling with their victim?????

This just really infuriates me! Because it was her parents they got a slap on the hand and this crime was totally brushed under the carpet...
In reality the courts should have been harsher because as her parents they should be the first people to protect her from such loons... not the very ones who act that way!

As he read his ruling from the bench this morning, Justice William Brodrick argued that "the best outcome for this family would be to somehow get back together."

Awesome....same mentality that send hundreds of kids to their deaths every year....

The real pity here is that the entire justice system failed her. She protested the outcome, and as a victim, I think she has every right! to see her attackers pay for their crime!!!

So, now she has to live in fear of reprisal?

Ridiculous!!!

Well, just when I think I cannot possibly hear anything stupider than I heard before, along comes a story like this.

What was the prosecutor thinking, allowing a plea deal for these 'parents?' Katelyn wasn't in agreement with the plea deal, and I thought they spoke to victims before putting such an offer on the table?

And the judge, his head must be WAY in the clouds. He thinks the best thing would be for a reconcilliation in this family? How'd HE like to sit across the table at dinner time from the people who tried to kill his child? And what right does he have to order therapy sessions with Katelyn? Since when does the victim of a crime have to help her assaulters heal?

I am also surprised at the outcome of this one.

At the outset I guess I wanted to believe that she was making this up... there were some rumors at the time IIRC that people had witnessed her get into the car of her own accord, and in the car riding calmly, apparently not gagged as she reported. Now I don't recall if that was a fact or not... this recent update doesn't seem to include any of that information.

But the way it is phrased, it does seem as if the judge let them off because they are her parents. WHAT IF... it had been the father-to-be who bound and gagged her and kidnapped her to another state, and she was able to break away and call police? Certainly a judge would not have been so lenient on the boyfriend!

Edited to add: Here's a link to a story from 2006 saying witnesses said she was speaking cordially to her parents.

Dawn

I cannot believe the injustice in this case. These "parents" should be in jail and to order family therapy is completely outragous! I am amazed that the DA went along with this, against the victims wishes, is terrible. I hope this young woman and her beautiful baby end up with a good life. She needs to leave Maine immediatly!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
uncommongrackle
Back