GUILTY ME - Valerie Tieman, 34, Skowhegan, 30 Aug 2016

Fairfield man gets 55 years for killing, burying his wife

The Fairfield man who murdered his wife and buried her in a shallow grave with a potato chip bag, his wedding ring, flowers, love notes and a bottle of men’s cologne called Guilty was sentenced Friday to 55 years in prison.

“It is insulting that you said you lied to protect victim’s family. You lied for one reason only, to protect Luc Tieman,” Superior Court Justice Robert Mullen said in imposing the sentence at the Somerset County Courthouse.

Mullen called Tieman’s testimony at trial “poppycock” and said he was “disgusted by the web of lies” the defendant wove to cover up his crime.

https://www.centralmaine.com/2018/05/11/luc-tieman-sentenced-to-55-years-for-murder-of-his-wife-valerie/

Tieman finally showed emotion in the courtroom Friday, his eyes red, wiping tears away as Allen Harmon, Valerie Tieman’s father, thanked him for his military service, adding that he couldn’t hate him. Harmon told Tieman that he was supposed to have loved and protected his daughter, but instead took her life and turned into a “habitual liar.”

“Murder is the worst kind of theft, because it is something that can’t be returned,” a weeping Harmon said in his impact statement before Justice Mullen, remembering his daughter telling him: “I love you, Daddy.”

“This I will always know. She loved me and I loved her,” Sarajean said in a statement read by victim advocate Joanna Stokinger, noting Valerie Tieman had “stepped into heaven” the minute the first shot had struck her.

“The heartache and grief are real,” she said, adding that she was “overwhelmed with disgust” at what an evil-hearted man Luc Tieman was.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back