Identified! ME - Windham, Male UP5972, 18-30, in woods, Sep'09 - Kevin O’Brien

Ah, I must have misread. I apologize. I do wonder what the significance of the location was for him that he went through the effort to get there. It makes me kind of sad to become so interested in people's lives once they've already gone.

from living and working in Windham I have a few insights about why he may have returned. First thing to know is that its a mill town, alot of illegal things can take place in the wrong spots. If he happened to be commited to the Maine Correctional Center in South Windham then he may have had opportunities to work on the outside as part of his sentence. I lumber yard I worked at when i was a teen used to hire the convicts to build items like tables and gazeebos and then they actually could profit from it. Its possible he may have returned thinking he could land an easy job somewhere with the numerous construction jobs near by, and or maybe he met someone while out working. It may have been a last attempt at trying to find normalcy and when it didnt take he ended his life...IDk, its one of those things if your are firmiliar with the area, stories like this sometimes dont sound so out of place

the prison is only 3 miles from where he was found

I've run across numerous accounts of suicides who have basically taken one form of transportation to the end of the line, and then another, and then walked until something -- physical barrier or in their own heads -- stopped them. I don't know how common it is statistically, but it does happen.

The links in this thread are dead. Anyone know where I can read about this case and see a photo of him?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back