Media Links **NO DISCUSSION HERE PLEASE **

Timeline: Three Cleveland girls go missing; no word from them for 10 years
By The CNN Staff
updated 7:12 PM EDT, Wed May 8, 2013
From their disappearance to their liberation, the suspects' arrest and the investigation, this is the course of events we are aware of so far in order of their occurrence:
see timeline at the link

Homeowner charged in Cleveland abductions
By Matt Smith and Michael Pearson, CNN
updated 7:50 PM EDT, Wed May 8, 2013
(CNN) -- The three women freed from a Cleveland home this week were held in separate rooms and left the house only twice during about a decade in captivity, authorities said Wednesday...

Ariel Castro, a 52-year-old former school bus driver, faces three counts of rape and four counts of kidnapping in the case. His brothers Onil, 50, and Pedro, 54, who were arrested with him Monday, won't be charged, prosecutor Victor Perez said.
Deputy Police Chief Ed Tomba told reporters that Ariel Castro "kept everybody at a distance."...

"There is nothing that leads us to believe that they were involved or had any knowledge of this," Tomba said. "That comes from statements of our victims and their statements and their brother's statements."

Ohio abductions: Ariel Castro threatened to kill wife and daughters

However, a protection order banning him from approaching his family was dismissed after less than three months, when his wife's lawyer failed to turn up to a court hearing, and the case was dropped.
Mr Castro was accused of seriously wounding Grimilda Figueroa, his then-wife, "and repeatedly "abducting" his children" in a domestic violence case brought against him in August 2005, in the Cuyahoga County domestic relations courts.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...ro-threatened-to-kill-wife-and-daughters.html

http://www.cnn.com/2013/05/09/us/ohio-missing-women-found/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Cleveland (CNN) -- Already in jail on kidnapping and rape charges, accused of holding women for the better part of a decade, Ariel Castro may also face charges of murder in the termination of his captives' pregnancies, a prosecutor said.
Cuyahoga County, Ohio, Prosecutor Timothy McGinty cited Ohio law that states a person can be charged with aggravated murder for killing unborn children

Pedro Castro: If I knew I would have reported it -- brother, or no brother
By Melissa Gray and Martin Savidge, CNN
updated 2:57 PM EDT, Sun May 12, 2013

Pedro, 54, and Onil Casto, 50, told CNN's Martin Savidge that they had no knowledge of their 52-year-old brother's alleged crimes. "It’s going to haunt me down because people going to think, 'Yeah, Pedro got something to do with this,'" Pedro Castro said in an excerpt from the interview released Sunday. "And Pedro don’t have nothing to do with this. If I knew, I would have reported it—brother or no brother.”
video and article at the link

Cleveland 911 operator reprimanded for response to kidnap survivor

Kim PalmerReuters
7:49 p.m. CDT, September 6, 2013

CLEVELAND (Reuters) - The 911 operator who answered the now-famous May 6th call from one of the women held for a decade by Cleveland kidnapper Ariel Castro was reprimanded on Friday for hanging up on her before police arrived.

Public criticism was leveled against the operator's seemingly unsympathetic tone with the very excited Amanda Berry, once the audio of the call was made public by authorities.

Berry made the call to police after she and her 6-year-old daughter, fathered by Castro, were rescued with the help of neighbors four months ago. Police then found Michelle Knight, who was abducted in 2002 and Gina DeJesus, abducted in 2004, in the home.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/sns-rt-us-usa-missing-ohio-20130906,0,3958667.story

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back