Melissa's Ex speaks on GMA 04.17.09

Or raped weeks earlier by someone else and then then killed by accident. I think its unlikely, but possible
They would have evidence the rape and molestation occurred near the TOD and during the commission of the kidnapping for her to be charged accordingly. This could not have happened weeks before.

The evidence would be on the body, the clothing, the bed (or wherever the crime took place) and there would be no doubt.

Because nothing has been proven yet. There may not have even been a rape while SC was alive. i.e. the violation may have occurred after death.

However the poster you responded to was addressing the unintentional part of the statement. Rape, abuse of a corpse ,or whatever with a foreign object would not be an unintentional

Trying desperately not to be judgemental of the defendant, but if there is any accuracy whasoever to the charges, I am having a hard time with the concept of any of it being unintentional. Let's say for the sake of argument, the defendant was restraining Sandra in some way and she died-then you call 911 and get the child help. Let's say that she abused the corpse to make it appear that the child had been raped; see number one-why didn't she get the child help if she had unintentionally caused her harm?

Maybe what he meant was she didn't mean to murder her. Her death was not intentional.

From the charges brought by the state, I don't think there is any question in their minds that the rape with a foreign object was intentional.

If it was done posthumously, then that seems to me that it would have been motive, as well, because it would imply Sandra was murdered so her body could be raped.

But the charges seem clear to me. Dr. Wecht said on LKLive the other night that he suspects the object might have even been found in the body, or the suitcase, because he said it's difficult to determine rape in a body that's decomposed over 10 days in the water.

Maybe the suitcase, which Huckaby said was water resistant, protected the body, along with the lower water temp? Just guessing, of course. I really hate to even learn what they found at autopsy. It's going to be heartbreaking all over again.

don't mean to be gross- but, if the rape occurs premortem than the tearing of tissues results in heavy bleeding because the victim's heart is still beating. With the use of a foreign object I would expect tearing, bruising and much bleeding. Little girls are very delicate in this area and the damage should be very obvious. If the rape occured postmortem there should be very little if any bleeding and minimal if any bruising since the victim's heart has stopped. No heart beat- no perfusion of tissues and organs- no blood. you or I could probably look at the autopsy photos and tell.

don't mean to be gross- but, if the rape occurs premortem than the tearing of tissues results in heavy bleeding because the victim's heart is still beating. With the use of a foreign object I would expect tearing, bruising and much bleeding. Little girls are very delicate in this area and the damage should be very obvious. If the rape occured postmortem there should be very little if any bleeding and minimal if any bruising since the victim's heart has stopped. No heart beat- no perfusion of tissues and organs- no blood. you or I could probably look at the autopsy photos and tell.

The issue would be if the body was still in any condition to determine these elements of rape, though. Since the state brought the charges, I would think that they would be certain, so maybe it was. Otherwise, why bring the death penalty into play, which makes a much more onerous case, from expenses for the state, to the jury pool?

Because nothing has been proven yet. There may not have even been a rape while SC was alive. i.e. the violation may have occurred after death.

I was thinking that the rape occured as a cover up to make it look more like a man was responsible.

I might be wrong, but if it was post mortem, wouldn't the charges be more along the lines of abuse of a dead body and not rape? I am sure there are more technical terms than that, but hopefully you get what I am saying?

I wonder where her ex got the idea that she was doing so well? (before the murder--going to school, gainfully employed, etc. )

They would have evidence the rape and molestation occurred near the TOD and during the commission of the kidnapping for her to be charged accordingly. This could not have happened weeks before.

The evidence would be on the body, the clothing, the bed (or wherever the crime took place) and there would be no doubt.

Well then just hang her now, and dispense with a trial.
I'm not defending her, but am offended with the lack of any degree of an innocent until proven guilty attitude here. moo
I can only rarely read about Sandra because it makes me so nauseous, but we still need a jury trial or a confession and guilty plea, before making a statement like "there would be no doubt."
This is a high profile sensationalized case, and even DAs and cops can blossom things out for a bigger brownie button at the end, which is why I question if she did this alone, if they are still investigating, or since they have their culprit, they pat themselves on the back, and go home without the full truth.
I can't believe that a woman would do this act, and I can't believe she would be the only one involved. imo there is at least one man involved. It boggles my mind to believe otherwise so
I'm not gonna believe it until they prove it.........
moo

Well then just hang her now, and dispense with a trial.
I'm not defending her, but am offended with the lack of any degree of an innocent until proven guilty attitude here. moo
I can only rarely read about Sandra because it makes me so nauseous, but we still need a jury trial or a confession and guilty plea, before making a statement like "there would be no doubt."
This is a high profile sensationalized case, and even DAs and cops can blossom things out for a bigger brownie button at the end, which is why I question if she did this alone, if they are still investigating, or since they have their culprit, they pat themselves on the back, and go home without the full truth.
I can't believe that a woman would do this act, and I can't believe she would be the only one involved. imo there is at least one man involved. It boggles my mind to believe otherwise so
I'm not gonna believe it until they prove it.........
moo
You are taking out of context what I said. I didn't say there could be no doubt as to her guilt. I said...there could be no doubt as to when the rape by instrumentation or by foreign object occurred and I will stand by that statement.

If Sandra were raped weeks before instead of within an hour of her death, there would be no blood, no immediate trauma to the body, and this would not show up on her clothing or the bedding (or wherever this occurred).

Also the same goes for her being raped after she was murdered. There would be obvious signs it happened postmortem.

Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching

If people want to keep their gender bias blinders on...so be it. I trust LE has proof she acted alone and is responsible for the molestation, rape, and murder of Sandra Cantu as charged. Saying a male MUST be involved is ridiculous to me. Women can be as evil as any man, imo.

Johnny Huckaby states his reaction to Melissa arrest: Shock!

Together over a year

Carefree person, a person I can't see doing something like this

Did suffer from depression, self image...

Never violent

Does not see this as being an intentional situation

After divorce Melissa went to school, got a job, had a decent life

Feels she was a good mother to his child

The Melissa he saw after the arrest does not look like the Melissa he know...looks like someone else in her body

Their daughter is in a safe place and doing very well. Does not have any knowledge of this situation.

Denies ever abusing Melissa...denies substance abuse.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=7356264&page=1

Heard the word "exclusive" and my hinky meter shot up, then the pics came, so how much did he get paid?
I just want to know how much was the licensing fee for the pics and the interview.
moo

OMG. Just thought of something. Perhaps that is why they want the body exhumed for a second autopsy. Is it still a capital offense if the rape occurred after death, even by mere minutes????? Jeezzz. If not, it should be. What a sicko.

IMO the evidence of rape must have been excruciatingly obvious. GOD, i hope not. I hope she was drugged or dead before this.. Poor little soul..

Now I am crying again....

You are taking out of context what I said. I didn't say there could be no doubt as to her guilt. I said...there could be no doubt as to when the rape by instrumentation or by foreign object occurred and I will stand by that statement.

If Sandra were raped weeks before instead of within an hour of her death, there would be no blood, no immediate trauma to the body, and this would not show up on her clothing or the bedding (or wherever this occurred).

Also the same goes for her being raped after she was murdered. There would be obvious signs it happened postmortem.

If people want to keep their gender bias blinders on...so be it. I trust LE has proof she acted alone and is responsible for the molestation, rape, and murder of Sandra Cantu as charged. Saying a male MUST be involved is ridiculous to me. Women can be as evil as any man, imo.

Of course. I expect nothing less.
I'm sure happy that I have a right to an opinion without being ridiculed. lol

If he is taking money for Melissa's photos etc. I don't have a problem with that! Better the money goes to the care of her 5 year old child than to her defense team, imo.

Of course. I expect nothing less.
Great! Then it is understood what I was saying in my post about the rape and the discussion of it being from weeks before, immediately before, or after death plus why I felt there would be no doubt in the findings by LE or the ME.

What is understood to me is that if anyone disagrees with anything you post they are rediculed.

If he is taking money for Melissa's photos etc. I don't have a problem with that! Better the money goes to the care of her 5 year old child than to her defense team, imo.

Well I do have a problem with it. It is opportunistic, and profiting from the suffering of a child, and it's sickening to me. moo

I'm expecting a time out anytime now.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ramada.williams.gc@gmail.