Members' Theories

Status
Not open for further replies.
But again, it can't be proven he did it. If her hands were swollen then, they would have still looked swollen when the coroner arrived and that would have been noted. When Mayer mentions the cord as he is doing the autopsy he makes no note of any swelling or mark at all. And he would have to note it because this is something he actually SEES, and not his opinion about it (as would be the case in his mentioning of what may have caused the blood in the vagina. He must note the blood, but would not be able to say for sure what caused it).
I have never seen where Arndt says she stopped him from untying the wrist cords.

I'm thinking that it's possible that if you struggled with something tied tightly around your wrist this could cause swelling. Would this type of swelling persist if the person subsequently died and therefore ceased to struggle? The autopsy was conducted on the morning of the 27th, so that is between 24 and 36 hours after her death. That's quite a while for any superficial swelling to subside.

Heyya MF.

They appeared to have been tied OVER the sleeves on her top, so hence, no marks. - MF

If the rope was tight, restricting around her wrists, there wound have been a mark on her skin even though the rope was tied over the cuffs of her sleeves.

The wrist ties are one of THE key pieces of staging evidence. Loosely-tied wrist loops (so loosely that one just fell off) with over a foot of slack between them wouldn't restrain a baby.

Heyya MF.

They appeared to have been tied OVER the sleeves on her top, so hence, no marks. - MF

If the rope was tight, restricting around her wrists, there wound have been a mark on her skin even though the rope was tied over the cuffs of her sleeves.

I don't know if that's true. What causes the marks? Is it from 'burns' from the cord? Cutting off the circulation? Can't it be tight over the top of fabric without leaving any marks? What about after she died? Anyone know??

Just reading the on ACR the quote from ST's book. It says there was 15.5inches between the loops. That's quite a bit. Oooh, this is making me wonder...... Could she have been on a chair when her hands were tied behind her?

Hi MF.

Just my personal experience, that.
An elestic, a scrunchie, an elastic in the cuff of a shirt, elastisized bracelet .... skin around the wrist really sensitive.
Doesn't take long to leave a mark, and the imprint takes a while to deminish.

Could she have been on a chair when her hands were tied behind her? - MF

I've wondered about that as well.

Is there a measurement for the length of rope used. I was wondering about LHP's comment about the cardboard box tied with rope, and wondered if there would even be the length to be used on JBR.

The fact that Patsy Ramsey, a former beauty queen, had entered JonBenét in children's pageants, fueled accusations of sexual abuse. Now it was leaked that police had warrants to search the Ramsey home for *advertiser censored*.

"CAN YOU IMAGINE THE DARKNESS?" WF

It led to a media frenzy.

JOHN RAMSEY 5/1/97 Press conference - "I did not kill my daughter JonBenét. There have also been innuendoes that she has been or was sexually molested, I can tell you that those were the most hurtful innuendoes

LHP
They did homework and had dinner together.

Patsy worked on school projects with the kids.

She was always doing something for the children on her computer.

She read to them at bedtime...

Of Jonbenet she said, Sometimes she acted like A SPOILED BRAT.

She also loved being in pageants. If she didn't want to go, Patsy didn't make her.

This is a quote from the same woman who would later claim Pat killed her daughter.

Well, let's go with the obvious: the child-pageant angle.

NOW, let's be 100% clear about this. I'm not one of these people who decided that someone who puts their kids in these things is a child-killer in the making. While such an activity seems very weird to a simple country boy such as myself, as I've said, anyone is capable of anything, so everyone's in the same boat right from the get-go.

But we can't ignore the facts, either: you will see some extreme behavior on the part of the parents who put their kids into those things. But it's generally agreed that PR's approach was notable even by those standards. You hear a lot of stories about how PR pushed JB so hard. And even if those stories are false, or exaggerated, the plain truth speaks for itself. Think about all the time and money and effort that went into making JB a star on the circuit. Does anyone honestly think that someone would make that big an investment in their kid's success if they weren't desperately chasing the pot of gold at the end of their own rainbow? It's the classic sign of an obsession.

It doesn't strike me as a healthy basis to build a life on. If something were to happen to derail that effort, I would not be surprised to see the dreamer react in an unpredictable and--to us--irrational manner. I once told someone else that there was and is no doubt in my mind that PR loved JB the very best she could. But did that love have an unhealthy basis? Did it become something twisted and ugly? Those are the questions I'm forced to ask myself.

BTW, I think Jackie Gleason was the greatest.

LHP said, "She also loved being in pageants. If she didn't want to go, Patsy didn't make her."

How much do parents spend on tuition to send their kids to private high schools?
Have you ever heard of Lawrenceville Prep in N.J.? (The annual tuition for a boarding student at Lawrenceville is $44,900) Choate? Andover? How about Ivy League Universities?

Just a point or 2. About those "fingernail marks" on her neck. That is a bit of misinformation that is still floating around. There were no fingernail marks on her neck, nor was any of JB's skin or tissue found under her nails. Those marks (that to an untrained eye in a photo may look like fingernail marks) were petechial hemorrhages on her neck, usually found in a strangulation when the victim is alive at the time. The autopsy did not indicate any fingernail marks on her neck or anywhere else. She did not struggle against the garrote.

DeeDee249, are the above uncontested facts?

Fang, anytime anyone of their friends even suggested that they do the things you would expect people in the Rs' position to do, they got the bus treatment. I don't know what else to call it.

Chapter and verse?

Keep in mind that her wrists showed NO evidence of being tied tightly enough to restrain her. There were absolutely no ligature marks on her wrists at all. There wasn't even a ligature at all on one wrist, the loop being so wide and loose it fell right off. There is also nothing to indicate her wrists were ever behind her back. She was found with her arms bent at the elbow and up and out in front of her face. (NOT the way she is shown in that drawing we have all seen but rather the way she appears in the crime photo showing her on the living room rug, with bagged hands).

John tried to untie the knots but he said they were on tightly. He may have loosened one or both enough that we may not be able to know how the perp left her for sure.

Hi MF.

An elestic, a scrunchie, an elastic in the cuff of a shirt, elastisized bracelet .... skin around the wrist really sensitive.

Is there a measurement for the length of rope used. I was wondering about LHP's comment about the cardboard box tied with rope, and wondered if there would even be the length to be used on JBR.

Could he have meant that the knots themselves had been tightly tied? Or is this what you meant, MurriFlower? If she was already dead, the swelling and red marks would have been less pronounced.

Depth of ligature mark: Autopsy photos show the ligature was tightened deeply into her neck. "That was brutally, forcibly, deeply dug into the furrows of her neck. This was not an easy strangulation. This was a brutal strangulation."

On the matter of the fibers. "On the day of the Ramseys' Christmas party, I took the paint tote downstairs." LHP

I stuck around with my daughter Ariana to see Santa. We hadn't planned to stay, so Ariana wasn't dressed up. Patsy gave my daughter a Christmas sweater and a vest. Even lent her a pair of her shoes. At the last minute, Patsy wrote a little verse about Ariana for Santa to read.
LHP

Pretty nice gesture

Hi MF.

Elastic leaves a mark because it is kept tight. Cord on the other hand would need to be very tight to leave a mark especially over the top of the sleeve. However, if it was tied quite firmly, too firmly to get off over the hand and then someone was struggling against it, then there might be swelling, redness. But in the absence of struggling, it would just be tight but not cutting off circulation or leaving marks. So unless you actually saw the knots you wouldn't know if they were ones that tighten when you pull one string and loosen when you pull the opposite and that could explain why they appeared not to be tight at autopsy.

Autopsy says wrist ligatures 5.5 inches in one loop plus 15.5 inches, total around 21 inches. Neck ligatures 4 inches and 17 inches plus what is wrapped around the stick (not measured). So looking at it that would be another 12 to 18 inches at a guess. So we have around 4-5 ft all up.

Hi MF.

Thanks for the guesstimate. At 5ft max the rope would have wrapped around a small 1 ft cardboard box once, as LHP described.

LHP said, "She also loved being in pageants. If she didn't want to go, Patsy didn't make her."

I just wonder how much LHP knew about it. I'll have to go over my notes again, but I seem to recall a story about PR pushing JB so hard during one photo shoot that JB threw a tantrum.

How much do parents spend on tuition to send their kids to private high schools?
Have you ever heard of Lawrenceville Prep in N.J.? (The annual tuition for a boarding student at Lawrenceville is $44,900) Choate? Andover? How about Ivy League Universities?

You're not seriously comparing that to this, are you?

Chapter and verse?

Fleet White is the best-known example.

DeeDee249, are the above uncontested facts?

Yes. In the autopsy report they are noted as petechiae. No fingernail marks noted at all. As in any strangulation, evidence that the victim struggled would be very important. In this case, where there is also another cause of death, it is even more so. This would not be something the coroner would overlook or omit.

I don't think there is evidence that her hands were ever tied behind her. If there is a link to it, please post it if anyone knows. I don't mean heresay or opinion, but a link to either forensic or eyewitness accounts of her hands being behind her back. When JB said "behind her/over her head", he didn't mean behind her back, but rather up over her as she LAY on her back.
I can't say for sure, and neither can anyone else, that she was ever placed in a chair in the basement, tied or not. But one thing I can say for sure- livor mortis patterns indicate she was placed on her back within minutes of death. In the wineceller. And she was lying flat when strangled- the circumferential ligature furrow indicated that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Justice is coming