*MERGED THREADS*GUILTY or NOT GUILTY? (Florida jury instructions added)

Casey Anthony is

• Guilty

Votes: 446 91.8%
  • Not guilty

Votes: 14 2.9%
  • Unable to reach a verdict

Votes: 26 5.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Guilty. I believe in the first degree. As far as what the jury will do I think they will get up on #3.

"ABSOLUTELY" GUILTY !

1st Degree Murder ... the "31 Days" !

Is it REASONABLE to believe ICA's beloved daughter, Caylee, drowned accidently. and ICA (and GA) went merrily about her way for a month? No grieving? No =Guilty
Is it REASONABLE to believe 3 wide strips of duct tape were placed across Caylee's face and into her hair after she drowned? or that there was a GOOD reason for it? No=Guilty
Is it REASONABLE to believe an otherwise loving mom (and grandfather) threw their child away into the woods,to rot ? NO=Guilty

I predict ICA's nickname in general population will be Bella . Bella Vita ICA

Guilty of first degree murder.......I soley (tried) to base my conclusion based on the evidence presented so far during the trial. Regarding LWOP or Death, sorry folks, as much as it saddens me to say this, it must be LWOP. There is not ONE of us that can honestly say we did not feel sorry or weren't moved by CA when she initially took the stand, just imagine how she will be during mitigation/taking the stand on behalf of her daughter to avoid the needle.....her poor grand-daughter was murdered by her daughter....to strip CA and GA of BOTH, you are more or less giving them the DEATH penalty as well........seriously think about it before you rip me a new one! :)

I am one of those persons that follows true crime regularly. With that being said, if 1st degree was what it used to be known as (usually premeditated) I would've voted not guilty on that charge. However, when reading the current law of 1st degree and what is needed to obtain a guilty verdict I would have to vote guilty. Obviously something happened that couldn't be explained as an accident and it occured when Caylee was in the custody of ICA. Now if the DT would've stated that after the "accident" occured ICA panicked and put duct tape on the body to make it misleading and appear as if a kidnaping occured, I think that could make the accident theory more plausable.

GUILTY! I think she should get DP but i think jury will spare her.

Not Guilty.

But seriously: Guilty - First Degree Felony Murder
LWOP.

the site is correct. capital murder would include a death that occured during the commission of a felony, in this case aggravated child abuse.

it does NOT HAVE THE BE PREMEDITATED though it can be found to be, of course.

ETA guilty as charged - both of premeditated murder and aggravated child abuse IMHO

That really is an interesting point. So can I conclude that if the jury finds Casey guilty of aggravated child abuse, they must logically conclude that she is guilty of felony murder as well? If the jury thinks that Casey is guilty of aggravated child abuse and they know of course, that Caylee ended up dead, must they conclude from that, that it was murder in the first degree (felony murder)? And can they choose both or does one rule out the other?

Guilty in the 1st degree. Premeditated considering 1,2 and 3 strips of duct tape applied to Caylee's face. I can absolutely see how the tape would slide down during decomp.

I totally believe she is guilty but I don't think the jury will recommend death. I have a feeling CA will plead for her daughter's life and they will take that into consideration Grieving grandmother already lost her only grandchild, now to lose her only daughter and one of only 2 children? I don't think the Jury will do it. They will give her life. I hope.

Guilty-First Degree Premeditated Murder. As Dr. G said, there is never a reason for a dead child to have duct tape anywhere near their mouth and nose. If the jury comes back with anything less than FDPM I will be stunned.

That really is an interesting point. So can I conclude that if the jury finds Casey guilty of aggravated child abuse, they must logically conclude that she is guilty of felony murder as well? If the jury thinks that Casey is guilty of aggravated child abuse and they know of course, that Caylee ended up dead, must they conclude from that, that it was murder in the first degree (felony murder)? And can they choose both or does one rule out the other?

not necessarly. a jury is a very powerful thing. they can nullify (let her off no matter what they know, a la OJ). they could also opt to believe the aggravated manslaughter was due to neglect (ie a pool drowning) and not from chloroforming her nor from duct taping her.

I voted guilty of 1st degree. I think somewhere between the 1st and 3rd piece of duct tape there was a decent amount of time to decide against completing the act.

Guilty of first degree murder.......I soley (tried) to base my conclusion based on the evidence presented so far during the trial. Regarding LWOP or Death, sorry folks, as much as it saddens me to say this, it must be LWOP. There is not ONE of us that can honestly say we did not feel sorry or weren't moved by CA when she initially took the stand, just imagine how she will be during mitigation/taking the stand on behalf of her daughter to avoid the needle.....her poor grand-daughter was murdered by her daughter....to strip CA and GA of BOTH, you are more or less giving them the DEATH penalty as well........seriously think about it before you rip me a new one! :)

I'd have to vote for LWOP because of Cindy and George, too. I am in your boat because I couldn't do it to them either.

That is the ONLY reason I wouldn't vote for the DP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea