Meter Reader

Status
Not open for further replies.
The meter reader is a hero. He found a bag in August. He called 911, but nobody came to meet him. He called the tip line and they dismissed it. He called 911 again to have someone meet him, that officer saw a snake and cleared the scene.

He came back and did his own little search and found the bag again, right off the side of the road. Looking at the photos, I can see how Caylee was unfindable as Tim Miller put it. Thank God this guy had perseverance and persistence to what he thought was a real find.

He is a hero. OCSO was probably overwhelmed with tips and without this guy, Caylee would still be missing.

It helps the prosecution. This find will hurt the defense because they were taking a position of reasonable doubt that Caylee was even dead. Botanists and entomologists will confirm that the body has been there since the second half of June. This find, and the meter readers previous tips only help tighten the timeline as well.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Once the name of meter reader is released today it should be a wild day in the tabloids, news, and message boards. channel 13 in our local orlando area said it would be announced today as I type this post. once name is out we can look up clerk of court records for areas to find any info on his past. the areas could include, orange county, seminole, osceola, volusia,and outside areas such as marion county, lake county. if its a common name such as gonzales -lol--we may have hard time trying to find out if he has any prior court records. could be as simple as divorce or traffic. not saying this would be major clue of his background but it could bring some interesting sleuthing.

With that response right there I feel so sorry for this man.
He did the right thing in calling the tip lines and ultimately FOUND Caylee (pending) and just for those good deeds alone he will be scrutinized on here and all his privacy will be invaded!
I feel sorry that his identity has to be released

Another thought..
With the 5000 tips that Baez has failed to pick up..It doesn't become available to the public until the defense has it, correct?
If this is the case, and the public would have gotten the tips, someone would have been back in that area searching, no dout in my mind. Someone else would have found her over a month ago. So maybe the time on when she was found is just as much the defenses fault, than LE.:confused:

With that response right there I feel so sorry for this man.
He did the right thing in calling the tip lines and ultimately FOUND Caylee (pending) and just for those good deeds alone he will be scrutinized on here and all his privacy will be invaded!
I feel sorry that his identity has to be released

The comment of WE does not only mean you , I, or us only. It was meant to be anyone can look up public records-including tabloids, media. we can not assume this MR name, personal info will not be discussed, probed. accused,or praised and he no longer will be just a meter reader. expect to see him on tv shows, magazines, you name it he better be ready for being seeked out for more interviews paid and unpaid. jmoo just hope he is squeeky clean cause there are no secrets in public records-not for me , you or anyone . we wait to see how he is judged in the end of the case.

I don't think this MR was anything more then a concerned citizen. I think he was as emotionally invested in this case as we are. It was stated on NG last night that he called in those 3 tips, then when he was assigned this area for his job again, he decided to go have another look. Maybe HIS hinky meter was going off. Maybe something nagging at him inside sent him to have another look. I don't think this poor guy did anything wrong.
I seriously think if I had called in 3 tips and never heard a word about them again, I would go back to the area to look too. My curiosity would get the best of me.

I'm with you on this one. With this story broadcasted out every single day, working that route anyone with a conscious would be curious. We display here daily continual observation, and research. Because he was physically able to do it, only says to me that he cared enough to check himself!

From WESH:

According to WESH 2 News reporter Bob Kealing, a source with Orange County government who has spoken with the meter reader said the meter reader does believe the bag he saw in August is the same one in which he found the remains a week ago. But, he believes the bag was likely moved by animals in the months in between.

The source said the meter reader had just been reassigned to that area again, which is why he went back in the woods to see what was there.It is unclear if he was "relieving himself," as investigators have said, or if he was going into the area to satisfy his own curiosity.

When the utilities worker looked inside the bag and saw the remains, he apparently said to himself they had to be Caylee's, according to WESH 2's Bob Kealing.

The meter reader is a former member of the military and had just relocated to Central Florida. Now he is anxious to talk about what he saw, the source said.

Hopefully they will have an update on the administrative review.

The MR knew the media would run wild with the story that he had called in 3 tips back in August but did not care. He wanted Caylee found and was willing to put himself in the line of fire for this angel. He is a hero.

Just my :twocents:

Another thought..
With the 5000 tips that Baez has failed to pick up..It doesn't become available to the public until the defense has it, correct?
If this is the case, and the public would have gotten the tips, someone would have been back in that area searching, no dout in my mind. Someone else would have found her over a month ago. So maybe the time on when she was found is just as much the defenses fault, than LE.:confused:

Good Point:clap:

The timing of the DNA announcement - either at 2:00 or 3:30 today - means that Baez will not be able to have an emergency motion heard today in an attempt to gain access to the crime scene. He will have to wait until Monday.

Channel 9 is reporting the name of the meter reader is Roy (not sure of the spelling of the last name) He is a retired military man that recently lost his wife to cancer and wanted nothing more than for this case to be solved.

There will be a news conference today between 2 and 3 pm

Channel 9 is reporting the name of the meter reader is Roy (not sure of the spelling of the last name) He is a retired military man that recently lost his wife to cancer and wanted nothing more than for this case to be solved.

omg finally a name!

Channel 9 is reporting the name of the meter reader is (not sure of the spelling of the last name) He is a retired military man that recently lost his wife to cancer and wanted nothing more than for this case to be solved.

"Sources close to the investigation told Eyewitness News early Friday afternoon that the tipster meter reader is Roy , an ex-military man who lost his wife to cancer a year ago. He's expected to appear at a 3:30pm news conference"

http://www.wftv.com/news/18315429/detail.html

http://www.wftv.com/news/18315429/detail.html#-

Sources close to the investigation told Eyewitness News early Friday afternoon that the tipster meter reader is Roy K, an ex-military man who lost his wife to cancer a year ago. He's expected to appear at a 3:30pm news conference. The meter reader kept persevering about seeing something important in the woods close to the Anthonys' home (map from location to Anthonys' home), which has now been the focus of investigators for nine days now.

The meter reader is a hero. He found a bag in August. He called 911, but nobody came to meet him. He called the tip line and they dismissed it. He called 911 again to have someone meet him, that officer saw a snake and cleared the scene.

He came back and did his own little search and found the bag again, right off the side of the road. Looking at the photos, I can see how Caylee was unfindable as Tim Miller put it. Thank God this guy had perseverance and persistence to what he thought was a real find.

He is a hero. OCSO was probably overwhelmed with tips and without this guy, Caylee would still be missing.

It helps the prosecution. This find will hurt the defense because they were taking a position of reasonable doubt that Caylee was even dead. Botanists and entomologists will confirm that the body has been there since the second half of June. This find, and the meter readers previous tips only help tighten the timeline as well.

I agree~If this guy was involved, why on Earth would he report the bag period.:rolleyes:

I agree~If this guy was involved, why on Earth would he report the bag period.:rolleyes:

That is like one of those DUH moments, but everyone really wants more conspiracy in this sordid tale of a mother that offed her offspring.

I feel sorry for this meter reader-if it wasn't for his persistence, Caylee would still be lying in a plastic garbage bag. He doesn't need to be dragged through the mud by ANYONE. He didn't give up on Caylee, and his repeat phone calls to OSCO proves that. It's not his fault that OSCO didn't find Caylee then. Caylee was found when she was supposed to be found. If it wasn't for Caylee's egg donors narcissistic and sociopathic personality disorder, Caylee should still be alive today and not thrown away like yesterdays trash.
I don't post here very often, but it makes me sad to think this man's life will be dissected and discussed. We have all been concerned and obsessed with this case-and this meter reader may be also.

I, too agree that he thought he found something and was too afraid to even touch the bag. I wouldn't even want my footprintS NEAR it, let alone touching the bag. I agree with those of you who said that after LE didn't find this bag, he was itching to go back and look after the waters receeded. I definitely would, too! It would nag at me until I gave in.

I can't imagine how devastating it was for him to finally look inside the bag.... In my mind, he is a hero because he was persistent and saw something, so he said something. I can't wait to see who he is, and I do hope he gets that reward somehow.

MG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member