Found Deceased Mexico - Jake & Callum Robinson,Jack Carter Rhoad 30’s, Australian, & Friend, surfing trip in the Baja California, 28 April 2024

I guess I just got upset when reading the article. It blamed the boys for fighting back and, while I wish they hadn’t resisted, their deaths were in no way their own faults. MOO
JMO, but this is why I avoid the DM. I feel they twist things on purpose, just to get their readers riled and feeling upset. Unfortunately, better quality news is increasingly paywalled.

Maybe they didn't even fight back against their vehicle being robbed. Maybe all they did was fight in literal self-defense. I wouldn't trust a single word the suspects say.
I was thinking that too, especially when the perps had already killed someone. And they knew it was 3 very big guys against two probably smaller ones. And were they on meth and likely paranoid? etc.

JMO

Behind a paywall for me.

So, I'm confused about whether they camped at Bocano, which is near a small fishing village, or San Jose lighthouse, which is near nothing but cattle ranches. <modsnip: off topic>

JMO

Here is a new non-paywalled article that includes some of what Randy Dible said.
Probably isn't any less confusing though.

It seems that the killers didn't even want the ute. They wanted its tyres.

The authorities are waiting for Callum and Jake's parents to identify their sons. :(

She said it appears the attackers were passing through the area when they decided to steal the campers' ute, which they wanted for its tyres, and they shot the campers when they resisted.

The attorney-general said investigators were confident more than three people were involved in the attack.

Family of the Australian men have travelled from Western Australia to Mexico.
Ms Andrade Ramírez said they would be asked to identify the men at a facility in Tijuana.
DNA tests would only be carried out if the family members could not identify them by sight.

One of the men, named as Jesús Gerardo García, now faces a "forced disappearance" charge. He has a history of drug dealing, domestic violence and vehicle theft, Ms Andrade Ramírez said.

It seems that the killers didn't even want the ute. They wanted its tyres.

The authorities are waiting for Callum and Jake's parents to identify their sons.

She said it appears the attackers were passing through the area when they decided to steal the campers' ute, which they wanted for its tyres, and they shot the campers when they resisted.

The attorney-general said investigators were confident more than three people were involved in the attack.

Family of the Australian men have travelled from Western Australia to Mexico.
Ms Andrade Ramírez said they would be asked to identify the men at a facility in Tijuana.
DNA tests would only be carried out if the family members could not identify them by sight.

One of the men, named as Jesús Gerardo García, now faces a "forced disappearance" charge. He has a history of drug dealing, domestic violence and vehicle theft, Ms Andrade Ramírez said.
bbm
more than three attackers...
I hope the others are apprehended too.
And we are not sure the 23 year old woman who had the phone was actually present during the attack.

Thanks. Yes, I'm seeing confusions on MSM and social media about this, too.

The point is, the man in the story, who made the recommendation on a knapkin, is not the only person they consulted about where to go (including the internet, and probably made up their own minds).

JMO

Last edited:

IMHO
The end of this article is ridiculous- saying these guys weren’t attacked because they were tourists and the perps had no idea they were tourists.
They just thought they were a bunch of natives with California license plates- nothing to see here- it’s safe for tourists- perps just wanted tires that’s all- nothing to be scared of- rolling my eyes!

Maybe they didn't even fight back against their vehicle being robbed. Maybe all they did was fight in literal self-defense. I wouldn't trust a single word the suspects say.
The claim is they were killed in a scuffle, yet all 3 were killed with head shots, which does not make sense to me. It would be hard to do that in a scuffle, the body would be a bigger and easier target. Maybe 1 head shot but all 3? Seems they were all executed imo.

The claim is they were killed in a scuffle, yet all 3 were killed with head shots, which does not make sense to me. It would be hard to do that in a scuffle, the body would be a bigger and easier target. Maybe 1 head shot but all 3? Seems they were all executed imo.

Maybe even executed while they slept. imo

Traces of blood were also reportedly found in the tents.

bbm
more than three attackers...
I hope the others are apprehended too.
And we are not sure the 23 year old woman who had the phone was actually present during the attack.
I've wondered if she was actually trying to get away from the one she was in a relationship with.

I read she had been cooperating with the police, and she was the one who turned on the phone leading to their arrests.

One of the perps has domestic violence charges. She may have been trying to escape, but would've been in danger. I'm not defending her, because she could be as bad as the others, but it's another angle.

There is an article here about a conversation with renowned San Diego photographer Randy Dible.
He was the one who told Callum about his favourite surf spot in Baja ... which is La Bocano, where the men were killed.
Callum had been asking about good spots for camping and surfing on their trip.

Randy Dible even took out a paper napkin and drew a crude map for Callum to show how to get there. It is off the highway, 10 miles/17km down a dirt track in a valley, the only way in and out.

He says he feels wracked with guilt, he wishes he'd never met up with Callum that day (the day he told Callum about the spot).
But he had never had trouble there, and he knows the area like the back of his hand. Explains how the killers drove 5 miles/8km south to dump the men, then drove back to another spot to burn their vehicle.

US photographer Randy Dible’s guilt over death of Australian brothers Jake and Callum Robinson
(paywalled for some)
I wish he wouldn't feel bad. It's the fault of the perps, and also the police for not investigating the case of missing rancher properly. Imagine if they had found the rancher and arrested the suspects (assuming it was the same group). More deaths could have been prevented.

A bit more info about what LE believed happened.

The family have confirmed the identities too :(

“The attackers drove by in their vehicle,” Ms Andrade Ramirez said.

“They approached, with the intention of stealing their vehicle and taking the tyres and other parts to put them on the older-model pickup they were driving.

“When they (the victims) came up and caught them, surely, they resisted.

“And these people, the assailants, took out a gun and first they killed the one who was putting up resistance against the vehicle theft, and then others came along and joined the fight to defend their property and their companion who had been attacked, and they killed them too.”

IMHO
The end of this article is ridiculous- saying these guys weren’t attacked because they were tourists and the perps had no idea they were tourists.
They just thought they were a bunch of natives with California license plates- nothing to see here- it’s safe for tourists- perps just wanted tires that’s all- nothing to be scared of- rolling my eyes!
To be honest, I don't think there would be Mexicans doing that, sleeping in tents on the beach when they could afford a nice truck..., I don't think they'd feel safe. They'd go stay in town in a (crappy) motel with a secure parking lot...

JMO

Ita.
So senseless and such a waste.
Rip to the rancher who was killed earlier, as well.
Omo.

Good observations !

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidreeft