Found Deceased Mexico - Jake & Callum Robinson,Jack Carter Rhoad 30’s, Australian, & Friend, surfing trip in the Baja California, 28 April 2024

Shock theory is possible cartel involvement
Notice the part of that article that mentions the cartel killing a bunch of police because the cops stole the cartel's drugs. Pretty typical in Mexico. It's like the police, federalies, government and cartels are just competing criminal operations. Long before it was a narco state, Mexico known for having to bribe the police if they stopped your car.

Notice the part of that article that mentions the cartel killing a bunch of police because the cops stole the cartel's drugs. Pretty typical in Mexico. It's like the police, federalies, government and cartels are just competing criminal operations. Long before it was a narco state, Mexico known for having to bribe the police if they stopped your car.
IMO, every aspect of illegal drugs is associated with death.

However, in this current case, the evidence about illegal drugs is that the woman who possessed the phone, also possessed a few doses of meth, - not enough to make her a dealer, much less the owner of a large warehouse full.

JMO

"The tourists had traveled to Ensenada heading to La Bocana de Santo Tomás and from there to Punta San José, a secluded place on the coast, without
communication or inhabitants, which although it is located less than 100 kilometers from the city of Ensenada, due to the dirt roads that must be covered, it is reached in a period of more than two hours per almost impassable paths."

So then, why would these perps just happen to be driving past that area in the middle of the night?
SBM. That's a very good question! It makes me wonder if they were hiding out there for some reason. I wonder if there were any abandoned buildings out there, or caves?

When I was in Sinaloa last year, I received a text message from the police or news station (couldn't figure out which it was - it must've been a blanket text they send to all phones in the area) saying police had busted a cartel operation in a cave. They were making explosives out there powerful enough to blow up armoured vehicles.

Last edited:
SBM. That's a very good question! It makes me wonder if they were hiding out there for some reason. I wonder if there were any abandoned buildings out there, or caves?

When I was in Sinaloa last year, I received a text message from the police or news station (couldn't figure out which it was - it must've been a blanket text they send to all phones in the area) saying police had busted a cartel operation in a cave. They were making explosives out there powerful enough to blow up armoured vehicles.
I recall mention in an early report of an abandoned house on the land of the murdered rancher, but it's not been mentioned since.

I speculate that there is an investigation into the rancher's murder: the motive, who was involved, etc, since to me, it seems obviously by the same perps and they were perhaps keeping watch on the area around his body, when they saw the surfers.

According to the local news, the rancher's name hasn't been released, so that investigation is likely ongoing.

In a US case, the prosecutor wouldn't release the whole story because the investigation is ongoing, we'll have to see if anything more emerges here.

But it's not so often that detailed, follow-up crime coverage is provided by Mexican news, as it is in the US. There's more just the shocking initial incident and then it's dropped (partly because journalists are afraid of being murdered if they try to nose around asking questions, plus they don't hang around the courts).

JMO

IMO, every aspect of illegal drugs is associated with death.

However, in this current case, the evidence about illegal drugs is that the woman who possessed the phone, also possessed a few doses of meth, - not enough to make her a dealer, much less the owner of a large warehouse full.

JMO
Having meth on her is just kind of indicative of her environment. Having the phone of a murdered man is what's significant. How she got it, we don't know but at least one of the articles indicate she was at the scene of the murders.

Most of the articles have focused on the Robinson brothers. This one is about Carter Rhoad.

BBC has also published some more about Jack Carter Rhoad. Another very good man lost to the world. :(

Mr Carter Rhoad, a friend of Callum, was a resident of San Diego and had been employed at a technology services company in the city since December 2019.

In 2012, he founded a clothes company, Loma Apparel.

Between 2014-15, he played professional football at Deportivo Mixto in Guatemala's top-tier national league.

He had previously volunteered on humanitarian trips to South Africa, Guatemala and Mexico.

On a page, a friend of the Rhoad family, Lee Penland, wrote that Mr Carter Rhoad's relatives were going through "an unimaginably difficult time".

"Their presence brought immeasurable joy, love, and kindness to those around them, leaving a mark on our lives," Mr Penland wrote of the three men.

Having meth on her is just kind of indicative of her environment. Having the phone of a murdered man is what's significant. How she got it, we don't know but at least one of the articles indicate she was at the scene of the murders.

I saw a photo of the meth she had on her. There was a large bag of meth photographed next to the phone. Wouldn't have been for personal use only, I wouldn't think.

imo

Yes that was another, deeply shocking case. It feels like Australians have awfully bad luck, considering there's not that many of them travelling around Mexico, compared with Americans and Canadians.

JMO

It might just be that we make a huge (and very public) fuss about it. imo
After it is headlined in all of our Aussie MSM, the disappearances are out there for the world to read about.

March 10, 2023
Matamoros victims found, but 550 Americans are still missing in Mexico

Last edited:
Last edited:
It might just be that we make a huge (and very public) fuss about it. imo
After it is headlined in all of our Aussie MSM, the disappearances are out there for the world to read about.

March 10, 2023
Matamoros victims found, but 550 Americans are still missing in Mexico

Yes, I think that's the case. I'm currently in the US and I was initially searching for updates about the three missing men, but all I could find was the Australian news sites. About 3 days after the Aussie news reported it, there was a tiny article in the San Diego news.

"It is with heavy hearts that we share the news that Callum and Jake have been murdered," mother Debra Robinson said.

"Our hearts are broken and the world has become a darker place for us.

"We also mourn the loss of [Jack] Carter Rhoad, a close friend. They were young men enjoying their passion of surfing together."

"Now it's time to bring them home to family and friends and the ocean waves in Australia," Ms Robinson said.

Parents of Jake and Callum Robinson make first statement after their sons were killed in Mexico

‘Doesn’t add up’: Narrative about Aussie surfers murdered in Mexico questioned

“Basically, the reasoning of them being carjack victims gone wrong makes very little sense,” a source who does private security work in Mexico told the New York Post.

The source described the situation as “deeply disturbing”, adding they were wary of the police’s version of events.

“These surfers were well travelled and would most likely know better than to try to fend off a truck jacking.

“My guess is they were mistakenly identified as a rival criminal organisation and murdered."

"It is with heavy hearts that we share the news that Callum and Jake have been murdered," mother Debra Robinson said.

"Our hearts are broken and the world has become a darker place for us.

"We also mourn the loss of [Jack] Carter Rhoad, a close friend. They were young men enjoying their passion of surfing together."

"Now it's time to bring them home to family and friends and the ocean waves in Australia," Ms Robinson said.

Parents of Jake and Callum Robinson make first statement after their sons were killed in Mexico
Since we've seen no siblings appear, it looks like those boys were their only children. That makes it all the worse. Such an enormous loss. Those guys seemed to have really great lives and had to be a parent's dream in everything you want to see for and in your kids. Nobody deserves this. I don't much like this reality.

‘Doesn’t add up’: Narrative about Aussie surfers murdered in Mexico questioned

“Basically, the reasoning of them being carjack victims gone wrong makes very little sense,” a source who does private security work in Mexico told the New York Post.

The source described the situation as “deeply disturbing”, adding they were wary of the police’s version of events.

“These surfers were well travelled and would most likely know better than to try to fend off a truck jacking.

“My guess is they were mistakenly identified as a rival criminal organisation and murdered."
It's possible but doesn't make much difference. I just hope the perps rot in a Mexican jail for what they've done.

Those guys seemed to have really great lives and had to be a parent's dream in everything you want to see for and in your kids. Nobody deserves this. I don't much like this reality.

It is so hard to understand or wrap one's mind around this world, when you let your blinders and denial fully go and really consider all that does happen.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Websleuth0000
Back