Mexico Mexico - Jenny Chen, 26, Oaxaca, 11 April 2016 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://mobile.twitter.com/hashtag/helpfindjenny
9f22c86464d3e0fb49be4b759e46aa5c.jpg

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

I don't have access to Twitter, Henry. Is this something other than a photo of Jenny? It's such a cute picture. I think it was when she got her license. Thanks for posting it.

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/amnesia/home/ovc-20347492
"Amnesia refers to the loss of memories, such as facts, information and experiences. Though forgetting your identity is a common plot device in movies and television, that's not generally the case in real-life amnesia. Instead, people with amnesia — also called amnestic syndrome — usually know who they are. But, they may have trouble learning new information and forming new memories."

If someone wanted to throw JR off, they might tell him such an amnesia tale.
BBM

Good to see you webant. :seeya: Interesting. Thanks for posting this. The thing is, when JR posted about a mental breakdown and amnesia due to a traumatic incident I got the sense that he was theorizing to explain why she was seen in February but hadn't contacted anyone. I didn't think the witness told him that. But that's just my interpretation.

You're right that if someone wanted to pry him loose from Corona and the driver, saying they saw her in February would do it, whether she was said to have amnesia or not.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/helpfindjenny/permalink/883905658451146/

I don't have access to Twitter, Henry. Is this something other than a photo of Jenny? It's such a cute picture. I think it was when she got her license. Thanks for posting it.
Hi Lilibet- just wanted anyone new to see the lovely person we are writing about....[emoji4]

Hi Lilibet- just wanted anyone new to see the lovely person we are writing about....[emoji4]

That's very sweet of you Henry. I thought that was what you might be doing, but I didn't want to miss anything else. :)

That was you?!! I thought it might be a post from one of "us." Why not just answer the question JR?!

Yep. It was me. I tried wording it so it wasn't like I was accusing him of being full of crap. But I guess he wasn't interested in answering.

Yep. It was me. I tried wording it so it wasn't like I was accusing him of being full of crap. But I guess he wasn't interested in answering.

These are the things about him that just feel so hinky. It was a perfectly innocent question.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He likes the attention, without the accountability.

BBM Good to see you webant. :seeya: Interesting. Thanks for posting this. The thing is, when JR posted about a mental breakdown and amnesia due to a traumatic incident I got the sense that he was theorizing to explain why she was seen in February but hadn't contacted anyone. I didn't think the witness told him that. But that's just my interpretation. You're right that if someone wanted to pry him loose from Corona and the driver, saying they saw her in February would do it, whether she was said to have amnesia or not. https://www.facebook.com/groups/helpfindjenny/permalink/883905658451146/
My take was that the witness led (intentionally) JR to believe Jenny had had some sort of mental breakdown and/or amnesia, but it could be only supposition by JR. Either way, it is unlikely to explain Jenny not contacting anyone.

https://www.weibo.com/jennycqd?is_all=1#1505476965478 Feb 5th was Jenny Chen's birthday. On her weibo there is an automatic system update alerting her followers of her birthday. Some new comments appeared under this post. One of the commenters was a close friend of hers. She has left three messages. On Feb 5th, she wrote that she thought that Jenny was back but only to find that this post was a system update. She said they grew up together and were very close, but she was sad that Jenny didn't even tell her where she was going. They had made a promise to go to North Pole together in 2019. On June 20th, she wrote that she was leaving Europe in 6 months. She said Jenny meant to come visit her in Europe but it never happened. She planned to go to the States and visit Seattle. On July 4th, she posted again saying the she has returned to Wenzhou (Jenny's hometown) and couldn't stop reminiscing the time when they went swimming in the summers. _______________ If this person is really a close childhood friend of Jenny's, who also happened to reside in Europe, she seemed to be a perfect point of contact for Jenny to reach out to IMO. She could have laid low in Europe for a while and started a new life. If her motive was to get away from JR, it's not risky to contact her close friend who probably has never even met JR. But the fact that Jenny is completely off the radar doesn't sound good to me.

If this person is as close to Jenny as claimed, and if they have returned to Jenny’s hometown of Wenzhou without finding Jenny there, that might answer the question of whether or not Jenny had returned to her family in China. I wrote to the Chinese Chamber of Commerce in Singapore some months ago, asking about this, but did not get a response from them. I know that English is widely spoken in Singapore and I was hoping that the Chinese Chamber of Commerce would be able to read and respond to my email. They are reported to have helped Jenny’s family when Jenny was reported disappeared.

If this person is as close to Jenny as claimed, and if they have returned to Jenny’s hometown of Wenzhou without finding Jenny there, that might answer the question of whether or not Jenny had returned to her family in China. I wrote to the Chinese Chamber of Commerce in Singapore some months ago, asking about this, but did not get a response from them. I know that English is widely spoken in Singapore and I was hoping that the Chinese Chamber of Commerce would be able to read and respond to my email. They are reported to have helped Jenny’s family when Jenny was reported disappeared.
About Jenny returning to China, I personally did not ever think she would do that. She hates China, and escaped it. But it's still nice to get confirmation from someone "on the ground", and I am personally satisfied with that as absolute verification. Still, a response from the embassy would have been great as well.

About the embassy support, it seems they didn't. The portion of the article posted below, specifically the bolded lines, explains what I mean.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...axaca-11-April-2016-3&p=13628366#post13628366

I've been perusing previous threads. I'm working on a Media Thread with links to MSM and SM...I'm tired of digging for stuff. So far, from thread #1 I've got MSM stories and important SM posts from HFJ and Jenny's Weibo. It's labor intensive and probably an exercise in futility, but hey, what else do I have to do! Plenty! But sometimes I'm like a dog with a bone. I'll start the thread and post the thread #1 stuff within a few days. I don't think threads #2 and 3 will have quite as much stuff, so maybe I can get those done soonish too...or maybe not. If anyone has requests or specific suggestions, let me know.

ANYWAY...on thread #2 I ran across this post of Kaboom's from 7/5/16 that summarizes the whole case up to that point. The time since then has been wash, rinse, repeat. Maybe we can just go with this and skip the Media Thread! :D This illustrates perfectly why our heads are spinning and we have whiplash. The recent cycle of "the suspect has disappeared bad news but Jenny has been sighted good news" is more of the same.

Thanks, Kaboom! Great post! Still relevant a year later....

"The good news bad news cycle continues. Remember a month ago when JR said they were just about ready to wrap the case up?

So to recap what has happened so far:

Good news: PI found witnesses to which way Jenny was headed.
Bad news: JR suspects Jenny was picked up human traffickers.
Good news: JR is offline waiting for some good news.
Bad news: No action from Chinese or US governments.
Good news: JR's investigators heading to Oaxaca to continue the search.
Bad news: JR found out the Oaxaca Police have done nothing.
Good news: JR heading to Mexico, to nail down the new leads.
Bad news: Corona won’t cooperate with name of driver.
Good news: Corona has finally responded, and promised information soon.
Bad news: JR has no more money to pay to pay the PI. Needs more donations.
Good news: The private investigator believes they are very close to finding Jenny.
Bad news: More stall tactics from Corona. JR needs help to turn up the heat on them.
Good news: Corona is showing some effort. JR hopes we have some positive results soon.
Bad news: Corona and the Oaxaca police are playing games.
Good news: Corona is helping with the investigation, and JR is pleased for their assistance.
Bad news: Corona is not giving JR access to the driver.
Good news: JR hired the best lawyers.
Bad news: JR is running out of money. Needs more donations.
Good news JR’s meeting with Corona was very productive.
Bad news: Police are stonewalling. Have to move the case to a new prosecutor
Good news the "Special Elite Task force” is now on the job.
Bad news: Everything is on hold because of a teacher’s strike.
Good news: JR has been promised that the case will speed up."

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...axaca-11-April-2016-2&p=12673243#post12673243

About Jenny returning to China, I personally did not ever think she would do that. She hates China, and escaped it. But it's still nice to get confirmation from someone "on the ground", and I am personally satisfied with that as absolute verification. Still, a response from the embassy would have been great as well.

About the embassy support, it seems they didn't. The portion of the article posted below, specifically the bolded lines, explains what I mean.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...axaca-11-April-2016-3&p=13628366#post13628366
BBM

I think they helped. That's JR saying the Chinese Embassy didn't help. Maybe they didn't help him, but they appeared to help her parents when they visited Mexico. I think they swallowed the LE statement that Jenny was seen backpacking in May (or cooperated with it), but it seemed that it was a thorough investigation covering several states. JR debunked it and stayed focused on the Corona driver.

I wonder if you could get your letter (or a new one) translated to Chinese and send it to the Chinese Chamber of Commerce in Mexico, webant. They are the ones JR met with. They even offered a substantial reward. I think we are pretty sure now that she didn't return to China, but I would be interested in their general opinion of the situation even if they know nothing about whether Jenny returned to China.

I wrote to the Chinese Chamber of Commerce in Singapore, because they were reported to have helped Jenny's family, financially and otherwise, in going to Mexico. Here is a copy of what I sent:

April 3rd, 2017

Dear Singapore Chinese Chamber of Commerce and Industry,

I am writing to you in regards to a missing Chinese woman named Chen Qun Dan. She disappeared in mid-April 2016 in southern Mexico. Her family traveled to Mexico at the end of last May to search for her, and an article in the news at that time stated that your organization was helpful to the family.

I am writing to you in hopes that you speak English as well as Chinese and will be able to give us an update on this missing person. Specifically, whether or not Chen Qun Dan has been in contact with her family since she was reported as having disappeared. I am part of an online organization called Websleuths, and you can view the case of Chen Qun Dan, known in English as Jenny Chen, on the Websleuths website at this link:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?319845-Mexico-Jenny-Chen-26-Oaxaca-11-April-2016-3

We have been working to locate Chen Qun Dan (Jenny Chen) since she disappeared. Some of our members have suggested that Jenny might have been reunited with her Chinese family. We would be grateful if you can answer this question for us, or put us in contact with the brother or other family member of Chen Qun Dan, or an official of the Chinese government that we can communicate with in English on this matter.

Sincerely,

I wrote to the Chinese Chamber of Commerce in Singapore, because they were reported to have helped Jenny's family, financial and otherwise, in going to Mexico.

I didn't know that! Was it reported in a Chinese publication?

I wonder if you could get your letter (or a new one) translated to Chinese and send it to the Chinese Chamber of Commerce in Mexico, webant. They are the ones JR met with. They even offered a substantial reward. I think we are pretty sure now that she didn't return to China, but I would be interested in their general opinion of the situation even if they know nothing about whether Jenny returned to China.

Myself, for safety reasons, I would avoid dealing (corresponding) with Mexico. I have traveled quite a bit in Mexico and feel that it is indeed dangerous, with organized crime having feelers at all levels. I don't know who all might be involved in Jenny's disappearance, but they might well be people you want to avoid.

The email address I used for the Singapore Chinese Chamber of Commerce is:

corporate@sccci.org.sg

If anyone cares to use this letter they are welcome. Perhaps we now have a member on this forum that reads and writes Chinese?

I didn't know that! Was it reported in a Chinese publication?

It was in an English language news report, and I believe it may be quoted somewhere in our thread #2. It will be prior to my letter of April 3rd 2017. It stated that the Chinese Chamber of Commerce in Singapore helped Jenny's family. If I find it I will link or direct to it here.

Thread #4 is open for posting.

Please make you way over there.

This thread will be closing in about 10 minutes.

:tyou:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member