GUILTY Mexico - Monica Beresford-Redman, 42, Cancun, 5 April 2010

The major hotels in Cancun have sophisticated security surveillance, and would absolutely know what happened to this woman. This is a coverup (imo), to protect their business.

Watched the 48 Hr. episode last night, and really does seem like there is not enough real evidence, and a very weak case both here or even in Mexico.
Now I'm not so sure he even did it! Although he did admit to the hotel desk in the early hrs when they called about "noise", that he and his wife were arguing. Yet the room is not even 2 rooms, just 1 large room, he couldn't have beaten and killed her in front of the kids or without waking them up. Doesn't seem likely.

For those who didn't see it:
Video
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/bruce-beresford-redmans-prison-diaries/

The last time I was in Cancun about six months ago a teenager got separated from her group of friends. The parents were at the resort, but busy having dinner, etc. Within FIVE minute security had tracked down the parents and advised them which room the teen was in (it was with an older man). They knew exactly where she was, and with whom. They had security cameras all over the property.

I just watched the 48 hours episode and I honestly cant decide whether I think hes guilty or not.

He had scratches on him, he made a policy on Monica a week before their trip to Cancun. He had an affair and the marriage was going through a really bad rough patch and I'm not sure who said it but I read somewhere that he didn't want to get a divorce because of how expensive it would be?

But on the other hand, the family was sharing one bedroom. I highly doubt anyone could pull that off without waking the kids up or alerting other people. And how did he manage to carry her body out of the room, without no one seeing and then placing it in the sewer? How far was it from the room?

Really cannot decide whether hes guilty or not hmm.

IMO-He is guilty. He had scratches on his neck, ankles and his hands.
The place that he is saying he received these injuries sees 100's of tourists a day, there is no way he would walk out of there with those.
People did hear screaming and complained to the front desk.
Let's see, the 1700 miles it took him to get to the border. He either paid someone or hitchhiked, he did not take public transportation until he made it into Tx.
The cremation of the body, if an employee/stranger did this would he not want all the evidence preserved?

I stayed at the Moon Palace in 2008 and was trying to find a resort map to find the room location. The bathroom was spacious so he could have strangled her in there. The toilet is located in the bathroom but through another door so could have kept her there out of sight from the children and taken them to the main building to use the bathroom there. IIRC from the 48 hrs show the maid was not allowed to clean the room that day. The sewers are located all over the property so they would be an easy place to put her. Regarding the timing of putting her there, the night club is open to 3:00 a.m. but is located on one side of the resort and there was never more then a handful of people out at that time of the night so not a lot of eyes around. IMO it would not take long to remove the lid off the sewer, go back get his wife and dump her, then head back upstairs. That would explain the numerous ins and outs registering on the door. It did cross my mind that he could have dropped her over the back railing(not the balcony) where there are no rooms but that would depend on which building he was in.

Feature article about the case:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/a-survivor-producer-a-dead-755386

An acquittal also could re-energize the question of who killed Monica Burgos if her husband didn't. So much time has elapsed, and so much evidence has been destroyed or gone missing, that alternative hypotheses like the one Balderas put forward most likely never will be pursued.

Cancino told me he tried to obtain hotel video footage of the night in question but was told by the hotel that the cameras trained on the site where Burgos was found weren't working that night. Prosecutors refused to speak to me about Beresford-Redman's case when I visited Cancun recently. At Moon Palace, the cistern where Burgos' body was found remains hidden in plain sight amid a bland garden of adobe walls, manicured lawns and miniature pathways where an endless stream of oblivious American tourists stroll to and from the sea.

Lochlynsmom
Thanks for your update and post, as its informative being you actually know that hotel and the room (bath being spacious) because the kids did present a problem for me to see just how he managed to do this.

Hi Frigga, I see you here! :) XX00 Deb.

The former "Survivor" producer accused of murdering his wife while on a 2010 family vacation in Mexico has been convicted on charges connected with the case, his mother said Thursday.

Bruce Beresford-Redman was sentenced to 12 years in a Mexican prison, according to his mother Juanita Beresford-Redman, although the charges he was convicted of were not immediately clear.

He was initially charged with aggravated homicide in the death of his wife, Monica Burgos. That charge carried a sentence of 20 to 30 years in prison.

Beresford-Redman reported his wife missing April 6, 2010 after she allegedly failed to return from a solo shopping trip. Her body was discovered two days later in a hotel sewer in Cancun.

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/cal...-With-Wifes-Murder-Family-Says-296163671.html

This KTLA article was updated at 9:54pm local time (about 10 minutes ago) and it clarifies things a bit (for this :websleuther: anyway....

:blushing:

Former ‘Survivor’ Producer Bruce Beresford-Redman Convicted in 2010 Death of Wife in Cancun | KTLA

(snip)

Bruce Beresford-Redman was convicted Thursday of aggravated murder in the 2010 death of his wife, Monica Burgos, during a family vacation in Mexico.

The former “Survivor” producer was immediately sentenced to 12 years in prison, according to a statement from the Mexican Attorney General in Cancun.

http://ktla.com/2015/03/12/former-s...n-convicted-in-2010-murder-of-wife-in-cancun/

As for the length of the sentence......

:sigh:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, I think he did kill her and a measly 12 years is not enough for having killed someone. Especially the mother of the children. He'll never even do the 12, IMO.

MOO

Well, I think he did kill her and a measly 12 years is not enough for having killed someone. Especially the mother of the children. He'll never even do the 12, IMO.

MOO

I was pretty convinced he did it until an LA Times (I think, no link and several months back) went over the lousy investigation.

He never would have been found guilty in the States, but i think he did too. No evidence to speak of, just a few scratches on his neck he explained away.
They said, unless the Prosecutor wins an appeal of the term, he can be out in as few as 8 with time served etc.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back