MFRD: Carnival Truimph Breaks Loose; 1 Person Missing

I canceled my cruise last month. I used to go every winter. But these weird incidents spook me. I won't be going again.

I hate to hear all of the horror stories on cruise ships. Carnival cruise ships, specifically the Sensation holds such a dear spot in my heart. I lived on the Sensation cruise ship for 6 months in New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina. The Sensation and the Ecstasy were sent to be docked in New Orleans to serve as housing for fire fighters, cops, law enforcement, essential city personnel, etc.

My late fiance and I lived in one of those small cabins for 6 wonderful months. The ships were a beautiful floating little paradise in a city that was destroyed. The crew was so wonderful to us and our cabin steward became a cherished friend of ours who looked after me while my fiance worked. I was experiencing particularly scary episodes of passing out so Hector watched over me and brought me a cooler of ice each day (for my beloved cokes that I simply must have to exist). I know my fiance appreciated this greatly and he always made sure to slip Hector some money for our daily delivery of ice.

The food was simply awesome as well. We were well fed and this was such a wonderful things for the firefighters who were doing the grisly task of doing body recoveries for months after the storm. People were simply overwhelmed,exhausted and to be taken care of so wonderfully was such a blessing.

We loved our little cabin and the time we spent there. Oh how I adored that gorgeous blue eyed man.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whocoulditbenow
Back