GUILTY MI - 4 students killed, 6 injured, Oxford High School shooting, 30 Nov 2021 *Arrest incl parents* *teen and both parents guilty* #7

I don't get Hulu, but has anyone here seen the ABC documentary "Sins of the Parents"? If so, please share your thoughts on the program. Thanks.

Starts tonight and I will be watching it. From the preview the prosecutor says the parents took videos of their sex acts....never heard this before.

I will see if anything new, besides this, comes up. Be happy to fill you in if anything new comes up.

Starts tonight and I will be watching it. From the preview the prosecutor says the parents took videos of their sex acts....never heard this before.

I will see if anything new, besides this, comes up. Be happy to fill you in if anything new comes up.

Are more episodes going to be released later or is this a 1 episode documentary and not a series?

I don't get Hulu, but has anyone here seen the ABC documentary "Sins of the Parents"? If so, please share your thoughts on the program. Thanks.
No Hulu either.
I hadn't heard about the foreman in Jame's trial.

Jury foreman in James' trial speaks out​

Gregory Beaudry, jury foreman, was interviewed for the documentary. He did not say much about the jury's decision, but said the first informal vote after they went back to deliberate was nine guilty, two not guilty and one undecided.

"It wasn't easy, a lot of emotions and that's why it took over 10 hours," Beaudry said. "The first I could think of was how did the kid get a gun?"

Documentary was weird.

Showed McDonald at home making a salad for her husband and saying it makes her angry that 1/2 the time he doesn't take the salad with him. He is there lurking but never introduced. He kisses her goodbye, she is not thrilled by her expression, and he walks out.

Showed prosecution sitting around looking like they were afraid to say too much due to the camera being there. Just weird to me.

Nothing new.

Documentary was weird.

Showed McDonald at home making a salad for her husband and saying it makes her angry that 1/2 the time he doesn't take the salad with him. He is there lurking but never introduced. He kisses her goodbye, she is not thrilled by her expression, and he walks out.

Showed prosecution sitting around looking like they were afraid to say too much due to the camera being there. Just weird to me.

Nothing new.
Short video of the jury foreman driving past the Crumbley residence and Oxford HS.
He asked "how did the kid get a gun".
That was all there was with him in the special, right?

Short video of the jury foreman driving past the Crumbley residence and Oxford HS.
He asked "how did the kid get a gun".
That was all there was with him in the special, right?

He did not reveal anything about how and why the jury felt James was proven guilty. Very taciturn. Didn't even reveal how he felt about it. Worst jury foreperson interview I have seen.

At least we know what the compelling force was behind Jennifer's conviction which actually wasn't proven - that she was last to have the gun.

2 Cents

Before both Crumbleys left the defense tables after Matthews handed down their sentences they were shown signing their appeal papers.
After they're drawn up it will take about 1 yr before they will know if their separate appeals will even be heard.
It will be interesting to see if both or either one has objections to evidence at trial concerning the other one.

Both Smith and Lehman had to create a record for an appeal, does anyone remember an overload of "objections" from either lawyer?

Alona Sharon -James
Michael Dezai- Jennifer

"The fact that there are going to be novel legal arguments I think increases the workload,” said Alona Sharon, the attorney assigned to James Crumbley. “Every transcript has to be reviewed, every pleading, every piece of paper, every video. And then interviewing potential witnesses, interviewing the trial counsel. At this point, I can’t even imagine the number of hours that are going to be required.”

“I have to obtain all of the transcripts from all of the pre-trial hearings as well as all of the trial hearings, which then will help me discern what issues might be raised on appeal, what issues that might be challenged, evidentiary rulings – what evidence that was admitted that we might challenge on appeal,” Dezsi told Michigan Public Radio. “So that will be the first step, just getting all of the transcripts.”

The appellate lawyers said they will also review the evidence and proceedings that led to the shooter’s guilty plea."

Page 22

Court of Appeals Guide to Pursuing a Criminal Appeal19If you have ordered a transcript, the Court may wait to review your case untilyou file the transcript. Sometimes, the Court will decide the case without atranscript.In general, the Court considers applications for leave to appeal in the order inwhich they are ready for a decision. Some types of cases (prosecutor appeals, forexample) are considered sooner.When the application is ready to be decided, it will be submitted to three judgesfor decision. You will not have any oral argument or hearing in front of thejudges. The judges will review the materials that have been submitted by theparties to make the decision.The decision of the panel of judges will be in a written order. In most cases, theCourt simply denies the application in an order with one sentence. Sometimes,the Court grants the application. In rare instances, the Court orders some formof relief instead of granting the application.If the application is denied, the order deciding the application ends your appeal.You may file a motion for reconsideration of the order within 21 days. MCR7.215(I). But if you do not, of if your motion for reconsideration is denied, yourappeal is concluded, and the Court will close the case file.The court rules for the Supreme Court begin at MCR 7.300. This manual doesnot cover proceedings in the Supreme Court.If your application is grantedIf the Court issues an order granting your application for leave to appeal, thenthe appeal will be handled in the same way the Court handles a claim of appealdescribed in Part III of this manual. You may have to order additionaltranscripts. You will need to file an appellant’s brief, which you can base on yourapplication brief. The Court’s decision to grant your application does not meanthe Court will rule in your favor when it decides the appeal in an opinion.

The parents of the Oxford High School shooter have been appointed appeals attorneys less than a month after they were sentenced to 10-15 years in prison each for four counts of involuntary manslaughter connected to the mass shooting.

James and Jennifer Crumbley have not yet officially filed an appeal, but they have taken the first step in doing so.

They are the first parents in the U.S. to be convicted of involuntary manslaughter in connection with their child's mass school shooting.

Michael Dezsi is Jennifer's attorney and Alona Sharon is James' lawyer. Both Royal Oak-based attorneys were appointed at no cost to the Crumbleys because they cannot afford to pay for their own legal representation...

MANISTEE, Mich. – The Oxford High School shooter has been moved to a Michigan prison where he will carry out the remainder of his life sentence.

After pleading guilty to 24 felony charges, including first-degree murder and terrorism, the Oxford shooter was sentenced in December to life in prison without the chance of parole. As a minor, he was lodged at the Thumb Correctional Facility in Lapeer following his sentencing.

Four students were murdered and seven other people were injured in the Nov. 30, 2021, school shooting.

The shooter was moved to a new facility this month, however, after he turned 18 years old. The shooter now resides at the Oaks Correctional Facility in Manistee -- a northern Michigan city that’s about 60 miles southwest of Traverse City...

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caseymarie9316
Back