MI - 8 year old being charged with felonies

Sometimes it has nothing to do with environment or the way a child is raised. They could have a chemical imbalance that affects their ability to cope with stressful situations. Although it seems that getting arrested calmed him right down. He seems like such an average nice kid.

If he shows up to court in front of the judge as calm as he appears in the pictures, they will probably recommend he get specialized counseling, such as learning to control his anger and his record will be expunged within a few years, if there are no further problems.

I would imagine he would not grow up with a record. And if he pays for the damages he they will probably drop those charges. jmo

wth went so terribly wrong in this boy's life? something serious happened IMO. this isn't just organic

It absolutely could be. He could a mental illness or psychological disorders.

Don't judge an 8 yr old.

there could also be some as yet diagnosed mental health issues involved which the parents mention in one of the articles. They seem to wonder if that may be complicating this child's issues. If that is the case they may have a very rough several years til diagnosis of what those problems might be due to his young age.

Seems to me the parents have gone public with this case in effort to "shame" the prosecute into dropping the charges. I wish they had not decided to make the child's name and face public but as his parents this is the route they have chosen.

Best case scenario is that they work with prosecutors to come up with a probation term that involves intensive counseling and comprehensive followup moving forward. This could assist family in getting to resources they may not have been aware of or qualified for previously for their child and be an opportunity for this child to be set on a better path

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddph
Back