GUILTY MI - April Millsap, 14, Armada, 24 July 2014 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
How disappointing that instead of an arrest warrent LE is searching the trail again and going house to house. Hard to believe with so many branches of LE involved that they aren't closer to an arrest then they appear to be. Somebody knows something, please tell!

No update on Channel 4 6:00 news. Other breaking news like the missing Canton girl and the cancer doctor pleading guilty to multiple charges were featured. Maybe there will be something on the 11:00 newscast.

This is what is going on in town right now. Dive team on site near omo lake. FBI shut down the trail. FBI searching through the woods and going door to door.

This is what is going on in town right now. Dive team on site near omo lake. FBI shut down the trail. FBI searching through the woods and going door to door.

It's getting dark. I wonder how much longer any search efforts will continue?

The are going through a swimming pool on church and lathrop . Lots of FBI agents and sheriff in the swimming pool with dive gear on . Very weird!!!!

re-covering old ground out of desparation or possibly tip driven renewed searches? Hard to know. Look forward to more info. Hoping they have something specific they are looking for and a reason for seemingly revisiting old ground.

re-covering old ground out of desparation or possibly tip driven renewed searches? Hard to know. Look forward to more info. Hoping they have something specific they are looking for and a reason for seemingly revisiting old ground.

This is different. This is an actual swimming pool that they are searching. Could be someone found something in the pool filter?? I have no idea. They are definitely searching the swimming pool. Actually fire dept is there and draining the pool water now.

“There is no time limit (for the investigation), they are just working the case,” Shaw said. He did not offer details.

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20140916/METRO03/309160111#ixzz3DWWqw38B

Michigan State Police Lt. Michael Shaw said the search involved a task force and officials who were continuing their investigation

video at link
http://article.wn.com/view/2014/09/16/Police_search_trail_in_Armada_where_body_of_April_Millsap_fo/

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/2...g-trail-where-body-of-april-millsap-was-found

This is different. This is an actual swimming pool that they are searching. Could be someone found something in the pool filter?? I have no idea. They are definitely searching the swimming pool. Actually fire dept is there and draining the pool water now.

did you actually see them in the pool topend? we couldn't get down lathrup for a clear view. it's completely blocked. they are definitely pumping (the pool maybe?) into a sewer drain and they are also stationed down depot by the drainage ditch as if they are trying to flush something out maybe? just me speculating. pretty weird is all i know. they also have what appeared to be survey equipment and cameras in the field to the south of the trail. the lack of any solid information on this case definitely has everyone on edge around here. two months ago i would have claimed this to be the safest place in the world.

Not with my own eyes. Got info from neighbor with clear view of pool.

From this article regarding the "arrest warrant" that was Tweeted by a Fox News reporter:

...Smith said he is optimistic the task force’s work will pay off. He denied recent television news reports that indicated an arrest warrant had been sought from the Macomb County Prosecutor’s Office only to be told additional evidence was needed.

“That absolutely was a rumor,” he said. “There was never any warrant request. When we do submit our warrant request, it will be a solid one."

From this article regarding the "arrest warrant" that was Tweeted by a Fox News reporter:

Smith said he is optimistic the task force’s work will pay off. He denied recent television news reports that indicated an arrest warrant had been sought from the Macomb County Prosecutor’s Office only to be told additional evidence was needed.

“That absolutely was a rumor,” he said. “There was never any warrant request. When we do submit our warrant request, it will be a solid one."

Yes. This is very good news. Never trust the media!!

Yes. This is very good news. Never trust the media!!

I think the lesson is don't trust reporter tweets that are not backed by their employers in the form of actual coverage or mention of what those reporters tweet. Rumor quelled. For now. She may have an inside source her station cannot verify. She may be full of hooey. But Rumor is Rumor here. Glad the station finally cleared that up!

I think the lesson is don't trust reporter tweets that are not backed by their employers in the form of actual coverage or mention of what those reporters tweet. Rumor quelled. For now. She may have an inside source her station cannot verify. She may be full of hooey. But Rumor is Rumor here. Glad the station finally cleared that up!

After that Tweet, I went back and read every media article that was referenced on this forum and found absolutely no mention of an "arrest warrant". The only "warrants" mentioned were "search warrants". Glad it's been cleared up.

After that Tweet, I went back and read every media article that was referenced on this forum and found absolutely no mention of an "arrest warrant". The only "warrants" mentioned were "search warrants". Glad it's been cleared up.

That bit if info came from a FOX 2 reporters twitter account.

the lack of any solid information on this case definitely has everyone on edge around here. two months ago i would have claimed this to be the safest place in the world.
Aside from myself (resident of Armada) most everyone I know is really frustrated with lack of any communication in at least a month from law enforcement. They need to bring this community up to speed a bit, if nothing else at least for peace of mind....out of respect for all of us wondering what is going on. Craziest case I've ever followed....

:wagon: to Websleuths Melly. Glad to have you join the conversation. I am sure it must be so nerve wracking. We are blessed to have several locals posting and they also report unease and frustration that the killer has not been charged yet.

Thanks for sharing. I hope for all of you that this case is resolved and soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TrueCrimeTarot