MI - Bianca Jones, 2, Detroit, 2 Dec 2011 - #4 - *D. Lane guilty*

Bianca Jones' father bound over for trial on murder, child abuse charges
Published On: May 29 2012 01:26:00 PM EDT
http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...rges/-/4714498/14272714/-/i6325n/-/index.html

"The father of a 2-year-old Detroit girl who has been missing since last year will now go to trial for her disappearance."

"D'Andre Lane was bound over to trial Tuesday by Judge Ruth Carter on charges of felony murder and first-degree child abuse."

"Lane is scheduled to be arraigned June 5"

:woohoo:

~

I didn't expect any differently. I fully expect a conviction in this case. There is more than enough evidence beyond a reasonable doubt.

Justice is coming precious Bianca!

Bianca Jones' father bound over for trial on murder, child abuse charges
Published On: May 29 2012 01:26:00 PM EDT
http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...rges/-/4714498/14272714/-/i6325n/-/index.html

"The father of a 2-year-old Detroit girl who has been missing since last year will now go to trial for her disappearance."

"D'Andre Lane was bound over to trial Tuesday by Judge Ruth Carter on charges of felony murder and first-degree child abuse."

"Lane is scheduled to be arraigned June 5"

:woohoo:

~

No surprise that he's facing murder charges. I'm glad that the arraignment is so soon! :woohoo:

Terry Jones, D'Andre Lane's lawyer, is a Jose Baez-wannabe and probably has an overinflated opinion of himself as a defense attorney. D'Andre Lane has a humongous ego, as well, and probably believes that he is so smart that he can convince a jury that he should be father-of-the-year :rolleyes:

If there are a few active brain cells between this dynamic duo, they should consider their options and the possible consequences: Life in prison without parole for a felony murder conviction. If Kym Worthy offers a plea deal - lesser charges in exchange for the location of the body - D'Andre should give this serious consideration unless he happens to enjoy life behind bars and doesn't want to spend some of his life out of prison. :moo:

Terry Jones, D'Andre Lane's lawyer, is a Jose Baez-wannabe and probably has an overinflated opinion of himself as a defense attorney. D'Andre Lane has a humongous ego, as well, and probably believes that he is so smart that he can convince a jury that he should be father-of-the-year :rolleyes:

If there are a few active brain cells between this dynamic duo, they should consider their options and the possible consequences: Life in prison without parole for a felony murder conviction. If Kym Worthy offers a plea deal - lesser charges in exchange for the location of the body - D'Andre should give this serious consideration unless he happens to enjoy life behind bars and doesn't want to spend some of his life out of prison. :moo:

BBM

I feel the same way about these two Bozo's :crazy:

Lets just hope for whatever reason Bianca is located so her mother can finally have the closure she needs :please:

I hope they can somehow get the information out of him as to what he did with his daughter's body. Then at least she could receive a proper burial and her mother could have some closure.

Remember when DL said unless they find her it is of no consequence to me? Or something very similiar?

I think he has convinced himself he can beat the charges and I don't believe he would listen to any advise ANY counsel would offer him with regards to a plea in exchange for his daughters body. His opinion of himself is too great and he'd rather Bianca lay where she is at than ever admit to his role.

I'm still hoping she will be found so ANY chance of a deal is off the table. DL does not deserve a deal.

Remember when DL said unless they find her it is of no consequence to me? Or something very similiar?

I think he has convinced himself he can beat the charges and I don't believe he would listen to any advise ANY counsel would offer him with regards to a plea in exchange for his daughters body. His opinion of himself is too great and he'd rather Bianca lay where she is at than ever admit to his role.

I'm still hoping she will be found so ANY chance of a deal is off the table. DL does not deserve a deal.

I don't necessarily feel

that D'Andre deserves a deal.

That said, I'm thinking about Banika and the need for her to deal with the reality of this situation: Bianca is not going to come home, and her mother should have the opportunity to lay the child to rest. If D'Andre callously tossed Bianca's body into a dumpster, there is little chance of her remains being recovered. Bodies discarded in the Detroit River don't always surface because the current flows fast and strong.

DL might not deserve a deal, but Banika deserves to know what happened to her little girl and have the opportunity to bury her child. :moo:

I agree BDE. I'm just hoping someone finds her - without a tip from DL. I'd prefer that because I'd rather he not have the opportunity for a deal.

I'm pretty certain LE knew from the moment the car was found his story was a load of bs. I imagine that set off a round of sorting and checking trash that was to be picked up the day Bianca disappeared, that wasn't necessarily made public. IMVHO she was not discarded in a dumpster because so little time had passed they would have found her.

The ground search was extensive. A 10 mile radius, iirc.

That's why I believe most likely he dumped her in the river.

It's a shame there is no death penalty in MI. If so, I would be happy with taking the DP off the table in exchange for LWOP, but that isn't an option with no DP in MI.

Even if it comes down to a deal for her remains, I pray the habitual offender status ensures he never takes a single breath outside of a penitentiary for as long as he lives.

:bump: Bumping for Bianca! D'Andre Lane will be arraigned on murder/abuse charges tomorrow, June 5. Justice is coming for this beautiful child.

Amen to that Bette

Bumping up, also, hoping for the wheels of justice to continue to roll right over DL!

:smiliescale:

Bumping ......

:gavel:

Arraignment Hearing set for today.

http://www.36thdistrictcourt.org/criminal-faq.html

"During your arraignment, the court tells you the specific criminal charges being brought against you, whether or not you are eligible to be released on bond, and the amount of the bond. If you can not afford an attorney, you may ask the court to appoint one for you."

"If the judge determines that there is sufficient evidence to go to trial, he/she binds you over to recorder's court for Arraignment on the Information (AOI). That hearing is set by the district court judge for a date at least 14 days following your preliminary exam."

I was pretty bummed yesterday that there was no mention of Bianca and/or DL's impending trial on WDIV newscasts. They finally had a short report just now on the noon news, and this is the latest on the website:

Trial date set for father of missing 2-year-old Detroit girl

D'Andre Lane charged with murder, child abuse in disappearance of Bianca Jones

Published On: Jun 06 2012 11:33:25 AM EDT

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...irl/-/4714498/14663252/-/15t8xis/-/index.html

We have to wait until Sept for justice? Yes, hoping you're found before then, precious little Bianca.

:please:

September isn't that far off. There are cases in IL which occured in 2007 and have yet to make it to trial.

Let's just hope there aren't numerous delays....

ALL BBM:

Therein lies my dilemma, too!

She should be an advocate for her baby,
but then she would have to admit to herself her part in the situation.

And she is in such an incredibly sad situation!

But... if she does not come to accept her D'Andre as the monster he truly is... will she, AGAIN, fall for another man of equal bad intentions, thus putting her children AGAIN in harm's way?

Will the cycle continue? :waitasec::please:

I just don't buy it. This is not the first time that this mother knew about D'Andre abusing and beating her little girl. It just doesn't fly. She knows what he is and she knows what he has done and what he did do, period. She can not possibly claim ignorance about his ability and will to beat and injure Bianca. I simply do not believe her claims to not knowing anything.........nor will I ever. JMO, but a very strong opinion.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike
Back