MI - Bianca Jones, 2, Detroit, 2 Dec 2011 - #4 - *D. Lane guilty*

I can't watch but I would soooooooooo appreciate hearing about anything you hear...

I'm watching now but I don't know who's talking

The defense is is talking about the elements of the crime that must be proven and saying that the prosecution doesn't have a case because they have found no blood and he says that is not a crime scene.

Banika Jones starts testifying right now

She's known DL 20 years, he's family, identifies DL in the courtroom. There was a romantic relationship and Bianca was born. Showing a photograph of Bianca. Shows a photo of the home. April 2009 she shared the news of the pregnancy with DL. They were thinking of terminating the pregnancy. He gave her some money to terminate but she didn't and Bianca was born Nov 26 2009.

Asking about Gigi or Angelie (?). She's his gf who also had his baby at the same time. Banika found out after Bianca was born. The knowledge did not affect her relationship with DL. Bianca lived with Banika. She doesn't know how often DL saw Bianca. Sometimes out of town, sometimes almost daily. It was the first overnight visit when Bianca left for her birthday when she disappeared. He had only kept Bianca at Banika's home sometimes when she was working.

She wasn't at all concerned about his ability to care for her daughter or her older daughter by another man.

I missed some talk about diapers in the middle.

Banika was trying to complete a work program and DL offered to take Bianca, and Banika agreed because otherwise she would have had to get daycare.

DL wasn't paying child support nor was he employed.
DL offered to take her for her birthday and Banika asked if she could stay longer and he said ok, glad to let her spend more time with her sisters.

The weather on Nov was warm winter weather. Her clothing wasn't all appropriate for the weather when she saw Bianca. She didn't see/send? any pull ups. No money.
She was about 90 % dry and excited about her panties but she still had potty accidents, peed the bed sometimes and you had to ask her about toileting. (I didn't get all that.)

Now I lost the connection to the live feed.

I missed a few minutes there. Now they're talking about her finding out that DL was taken into custody and she still supported him. She still maintains that Bianca is alive and still missing? "Absolutely. She is out there."

I can't hear the questions now. I think it's the judge asking them now.

Exhibit 3 is Bianca's car seat. Banika's mom bought it new for her eldest daughter 6-7 years ago. She hasn't carried any dead bodies in it. No further questions.

Now the defense steps in.
Asks about Mr Lane being expected to show up that day or the next day (I missed something again, the sound is breaking)

Something about earlier testimony in 26th district court in April, DL was supposed to come on Dec 2nd?

Potty training: She's been around to see DL disciplining Bianca. She was jumping on the couch and wouldn't stop, slapped her butt and set her down.

Banika sent him some clothes with Bianca.

I can't hear again. He didn't like Banika not braiding hair and he wanted Banika to clean her house more often. He was complaining about the clothing Banika put her in. He thought she should wear cuter things (Donjeta: some nerve mister, you pay child support then you get your say what clothes mom buys... )

She got home at 10:30 am when she was taken into custody. An hour or a half later the police wanted to talk to her. They kept DL and BJ separate in two different cars. About 12 o'clock. They talked a little when she first got home and there were police officers there then. He was shaking and crying and upset. Known him for 20 years and never seen him like that before.

She asked him what happened. He wasn't quite clear but was saying they took her. Repeated it a few times. She doesn't remember what else, he said he loved her (bianca).

Going back to Angeli. BJ doesn't like her. Age difference is about 6 months between the daughters. She doesn't believe Bianca was conceived "during this threesome".

Lost the conneciton again.

Missed another chunk of testimony.

The police questioned her a lot about DL. They didn't ask her about if she has motive. She somewhat benefited during this unfortunate episode. She got a house paid for (missed it) and got a job through the media and community helping her. She got to LA to be on Dr Phil. The defense saying the police didn't come back to ask her questions about her.

Defense saying there was no reason to be concerned about the discipline DL gave Bianca in front of her. No further questions.

The cross: She didn't know that she was going to get a house. She did not arrange for Bianca to be kidnapped or set DL up so she could get rich and famous or to be on the Dr Phil show. She would do anything to have her daughter home.

Do you recall if you had to encourage DL to assist the police regarding the clothes? She grabbed him and said he has to tell them what she was wearing. He described some pink clothing.

DL left the courtroom and there is crosstalk I can't make out. The cameras went dark. A recess?

donjeta....

thanks so much for transcribing!

you are so appreciated!

She's known DL 20 years, he's family, identifies DL in the courtroom. There was a romantic relationship and Bianca was born. Showing a photograph of Bianca. Shows a photo of the home. April 2009 she shared the news of the pregnancy with DL. They were thinking of terminating the pregnancy. He gave her some money to terminate but she didn't and Bianca was born Nov 26 2009.

Asking about Gigi or Angelie (?). She's his gf who also had his baby at the same time. Banika found out after Bianca was born. The knowledge did not affect her relationship with DL. Bianca lived with Banika. She doesn't know how often DL saw Bianca. Sometimes out of town, sometimes almost daily. It was the first overnight visit when Bianca left for her birthday when she disappeared. He had only kept Bianca at Banika's home sometimes when she was working.

She wasn't at all concerned about his ability to care for her daughter or her older daughter by another man.
So his girlfriend? I'm sorry but I can't remember, was she there when he left with Bianca? Just wondering if there was maybe more than just DL that harmed this child?

I missed a few minutes there. Now they're talking about her finding out that DL was taken into custody and she still supported him. She still maintains that Bianca is alive and still missing? "Absolutely. She is out there."

I can't hear the questions now. I think it's the judge asking them now.
Good gosh. I agree, though, she's out there. Wherever DL left her. Sadly I do not think she survived her time with him. I really wish people would be more selective who they have kids with, who they allow those children to be around, and who they choose to leave them with!

donjeta....

thanks so much for transcribing!

you are so appreciated!

Agree! Thank you so much!

Detroit — Bianca Jones just turned two in November when she went for her first extended visit to the home "controlled and dominated" by her toilet-training obsessed father, prosecutors said.
The toddler's mother, they say, turned her over to D'Andre Lane for a six-day visit at the home Lane shared with his two female lovers. The baby hasn't been seen since.

"People do not get away with murder because they are good at hiding bodies," Goldfarb said. "The defendant can and should be found guilty of murder because the evidence will prove his guilt beyond a reasonable doubt."

From The Detroit News:
http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20120919/METRO01/209190404#ixzz26w7DQ3YRww.detroitnews.com/article/20120919/METRO01/209190404#ixzz26w77wKrJ

Interesting article. DL was living with and romantically involved with two women at the same time? I'm a little confused... what was meant by not believing that Bianca was conceived during a threesome? Did I read that right upthread? :what:

Thanks, Donjeta, for transcribing the testimony. I tried to follow the livestream but had difficulty hearing/understanding what was being said.

Threesome was the defense attorney's exact word he used, [I think]. I'm not sure what he meant because I missed bits here and there and the sound was breaking at times. I thought maybe if BJ thought DL was involved with the other lady at the time when Bianca was conceived. But apparently he's got plenty of female company.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea
Back