GUILTY MI - Carnel Chamberlain, 4, Mount Pleasant, 21 June 2012 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sounding like good news is going to follow. Waiting for official press announcement.

from tribes FB:

MEDIA UPDATE
JUNE 22, 2012
5:20 PM EDT

CONTACT: FRANK CLOUTIER AT PUBLIC SAFETY MEDIA HOTLINE 989-775-4773 OR 989-330-3028

THE TRIBAL POLICE DEPARTMENT OF THE SAGINAW CHIPPEWA INDIAN TRIBE OF MICHIGAN CONTINUES THE INTENSIVE SEARCH FOR MISSING 4 YEAR OLD BOY, CARNEL CHAMBERLAIN

CARNEL CHAMBERLAIN WAS REPORTED MISSING AROUND 10 PM THURSDAY, JUNE 21, 2012. HE IS DESCRIBED AS A FOUR YEAR OLD NATIVE AMERICAN MALE, APPROXIMATELY 3 FEET TALL WITH SHORT DARK HAIR AND GREEN EYES. HE WAS WEARING A DARK COLORED ANGRY BIRDS T-SHIRT, DARK BLUE OR GREEN SHORTS WITH GREEN TRIM.

THE INTENSIVE HIGHLY ORGANIZED SEARCH HAS BEEN ONGOING THROUGHOUT THE DAY WITH THE ASSISTANCE AND COOPERATION OF OVER 150 VOLUNTEERS WHO INTENSIVELY SEARCHED A ONE MILE RADIUS OF THE MISSING CHILD’S LAST KNOWN WHEREABOUTS.

AT THIS TIME, THE MIDLAND SEARCH AND RESCUE UNIT, TRIBAL POLICE AND FIRE DEPARTMENTS WILL CONTINE THE SEARCH IN A PARED DOWN FASHION UNTIL DARK IN ORDER TO FOCUS ON OTHER AREAS AS WELL. THE SEACH WILL RESUME IN THE MORNING.

ANYONE WITH INFORMATION OR ANYONE WHO MAY HAVE SEEN THE MISSING BOY IS BEING ASKED TO CONTACT THE TRIBAL POLICE DEPARTMENT AT 989-775-4700.

A PHOTO OF THE MISSING BOY AND HIS DESCRIPTION HAS ALSO BEEN POSTED ON THE NATIONAL CENTER FOR MISSING AND EXPOITED CHILDREN AT WWW.MISSINGKIDS.COM

What time or is it scheduled

I am not sure. I don't know how much I can post until LE names a suspect. I am pretty sure there was an arrest. (please delete if this violates WS TOS)

With the summer evenings is this an area of MI that stays light closer to 10 pm being on/near the western edge of the eastern time zone? I know parts of MI are, but not sure exactly where. I'm wondering why a 4 yr old wasn't in bed or might be outside until 10pm.

Also, a mile radius isn't that wide, unless the terrain is so rough they don't believe Carnell could have made it more than a mile away. Can any locals chime in?

Also, the above info indicates they are going to resume the search in the am. If they believed he was alive, wouldn't they have some kind of equipment out all night?

Hmmm..... Gosh, this one scares me, but I am praying for a miracle here.

Interesting comments at the news link below
icon9.gif

http://www.9and10news.com/story/18852703/breking-news-missing-4-year-old-in-isabella-county

https://www.facebook.com/jaimee.l.chamberlain

Locals, has there been any statement from the family? Have the parents' names been made public? I'm wondering if there's any relation to a Richard Chamberlain from that area who was in the news quite a few times last year for weapons and domestic charges. I think I remember a school being locked down because he had weapons nearby...

Prayers for everyone involved.

Mount Pleasant is located in the central part of the lower peninsula of Michigan. In central Michigan, it gets dark around 9:00 or 9:30 pm this time of year. I grew up in western Michigan about 40 minutes from Mount Pleasant. The area is mainly nondescript, flat farmland with some rolling hills and wooded areas. In my opinion, it is very hinky that a 4 year old child would be outside at 9:30 pm. However, with so little information being released to the public, I don't want to speculate too much. That said, I have a very strong feeling how this case is going to end up. :please:

Carnell is such a beautiful boy, and those eyes are wise beyond their years. I am so very worried about him.

Thank you Helenstreet. I did a quick look at Mt. Pleasant on a google map.

Very odd we aren't hearing more from the family of this little boy. Not liking how this appears. :(

Cute kid. I sure hope there wasn't an accident of some kind due to neglect, or worse that the parent(s) or so's of the parent is trying to hide.

sunset is at 930 this time of year here --- and idc what some anonymous person commented on an article - im go search if they call me -- but im starting to doubt if i can search for a deceased child rather than a scared hungry live one....some words of wisdom would be appreciated.

Interesting comments at the news link below
icon9.gif

Is that moms facebook? No pictures of Carnell. Also, its strange when you check her in a relationship link...pretty much everything is gone from his fb page.

Thank you Helenstreet. I did a quick look at Mt. Pleasant on a google map.

Very odd we aren't hearing more from the family of this little boy. Not liking how this appears. :(

Cute kid. I sure hope there wasn't an accident of some kind due to neglect, or worse that the parent(s) or so's of the parent is trying to hide.

You are welcome! Anything that I can do to help. I am pretty sure the scenario here is the second one you mention, unfortunately. What a beautiful little boy, and he resembles his mother so much.

Is that moms facebook? No pictures of Carnell.
I thought I saw one, in the profile pics, but still . . .

eta: Maybe she uses privacy settings to keep pics of him private? I do that on my fb for pics of my little one.

I don't know if we are supposed to link mom's FB yet, since she hasn't been named in MSM, that I know of......

I don't know about family not talking to the media. If the story is true, he wandered away, wouldn't they likely be the ones with an idea of where he might wander to? Or thank those searching? Hinky there is so little media about this case, and that one of the posts above with official word mentions the search was going to be scaled back so the authorities could explore other area's or something along those lines.

It sounds like LE might not believe the story being told to them.

sunset is at 930 this time of year here --- and idc what some anonymous person commented on an article - im go search if they call me -- but im starting to doubt if i can search for a deceased child rather than a scared hungry live one....some words of wisdom would be appreciated.

Sunset is at 9:30 or is that when it is almost completely dark outside?

This little guy has to come home either way, if you can, please still go search. I'd imagine you'd be in groups and if you find something, you can always ask someone else to take a closer look? If you think you are unable, we'd completely understand.

I don't know if we are supposed to link mom's FB yet, since she hasn't been named in MSM, that I know of......

I don't know about family not talking to the media. If the story is true, he wandered away, wouldn't they likely be the ones with an idea of where he might wander to? Or thank those searching? Hinky there is so little media about this case, and that one of the posts above with official word mentions the search was going to be scaled back so the authorities could explore other area's or something along those lines.

It sounds like LE might not believe the story being told to them.

Do I need to remove my post where I quoted that fb link?

Cubby,

I graduated from CMU and live 25 miles away - I will tell you this -- the Tribe is its own nation in every regard...own police, court, fire, judge, jury etc. That is one reason why the tribal FB was putting out more info than MSM. It's how they do things. The tribe will also always come out to aid one of their own in full force. There is no need to go in front of media if he wandered away, and the tribal police are probably telling her same thing -- let us search.

Im not going to pretend to know if they questioned hard the ppl last to see him, I don't know enough to know if they work like regular LE does in cases like this.

I didnt see where an article said it was going to be scaled back... which one was that? TIA

Last word on their FB was no new volunteers needed they have names and numbers already (im assuming from us that were turned away tonight)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallon