GUILTY MI - Carnel Chamberlain, 4, Mount Pleasant, 21 June 2012 #2

:what:

Carnel Chamberlain's neighbors saw him jumping on a trampoline in his backyard Thursday afternoon.

http://www.mlive.com/news/saginaw/index.ssf/2012/06/neighbors_searched_until_4_am.html

It doesn't get much clearer for me than that. Agreeing to disagree is one thing. Pointing out erroneous information with a LINK to back up why information being corrected is in no way a violation of TOS.

The rules are, really, unless one is quoting TOS, with a link to that TOS, we should not be interfering with the mods job. If a post is questionable, please use the alert button, triangle in the upper right corner to alert mods to a possible violation of TOS. In the mean time, we are not to tell others how to post, or not to post.

Huh ... what are you talking about??

BBM

If that is the case, why are people high on bath salts turning into cannibals and eating people's faces off and other bad things?

I would think you would have to consider that bath salts are a fairly new drug on the scene,and very little is known about the effect of bath salts on the mind.
From my very brief search there have been 16 cases of violent behavior and bath salts are suspected to be the cause.
I think also you would have to take into account the judgment to begin with of an individual that would use such a drug in order to get high.
At any rate....not sure if bath salts have anything to do with this case?

IMO

I would think you would have to consider that bath salts are a fairly new drug on the scene,and very little is known about the effect of bath salts on the mind.
From my very brief search there have been 16 cases of violent behavior and bath salts are suspected to be the cause.
I think also you would have to take into account the judgment to begin with of an individual that would use such a drug in order to get high.
At any rate....not sure if bath salts have anything to do with this case?
IMO

It is a point of reference, a case of drug use. As for the prior judgement of an individual; a mother was found naked eating ice cream, after crashing her car and abandoning her children in the wreck. http://us.topnewstoday.org/san+francisco/article/2571547/

A drug is a drug, whether it is fairly new or something used a millenia ago. IMHO

Not excusing any failure to act by JC but in response to your questions BBM, it may all boil down to the lack of real change after getting out of the first abusive situation.

Carnel's father went to jail for DV but that doesn't solve the underlying problem of what is lacking or broken within a woman to bring her to a point of tolerating that sort of abuse to begin with. If that wasn't addressed then I find it natural for JC to have been attracted to those same type qualities in her next relationship.

If you don't acknowledge the mistakes of the past you are doomed to repeat them. I think JC has a type, and it is not a good one. Getting out of the first abusive situation did not resolve whatever is going on inside of her that attracts her to men who might be a danger. It just freed her up for the next one.

BBM

Carnel's great-aunt, Esther Chatfield, 58, lives next door to the home. She said she and her husband became Jaimee Chamberlain's foster parents when Chamberlain was 8 years old.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1639763.html

IMHO the fact that Jaimee, herself, was brought up in a home where the conditions were such that she was placed in a foster home at 8 years old, is relevant to her adult behavior. She did not have proper models to guide her. We emulate positive behavior of our parents, if we are lucky enough to have good parents. Something in her childhood necessitated her being placed in foster care. This had to have an impact on her and set the stage for what she modeled as she grew up and became a mother. Jaimee grew up in foster care; the question that must be answered is what did that do to her.

Anyone besides me curious about when an arrest might be made for Carnels murder versus just the abuse? Any idea's on what might be causing a delay? Other than possible waiting on official id in order for the coroner to issue a death certificate?

IIRC, the perp in Antinette Keller's case was arrested prior to the ME/Coroner having confirmation via DNA the remains found were hers.

So not sure what is happening here. Wondering when an arrest for Carnels murder might happen and wondering when an 'official' according to the law in order to issue a death certificate ID may occur. I honestly thought both would have occured last week regardless of the holiday.

Maybe the delay is due to not having had enough time to test all of the evidence at the crime scene.
IMO

BBM

Carnel's great-aunt, Esther Chatfield, 58, lives next door to the home. She said she and her husband became Jaimee Chamberlain's foster parents when Chamberlain was 8 years old.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1639763.html

IMHO the fact that Jaimee, herself, was brought up in a home where the conditions were such that she was placed in a foster home at 8 years old, is relevant to her adult behavior. She did not have proper models to guide her. We emulate positive behavior of our parents, if we are lucky enough to have good parents. Something in her childhood necessitated her being placed in foster care. This had to have an impact on her and set the stage for what she modeled as she grew up and became a mother. Jaimee grew up in foster care; the question that must be answered is what did that do to her.

Yes, true. Why did she not bring Carnel over to visit with her foster parents more often? Her foster parents live next door to her and yet they hardly knew Carnel at all. I find this strange since they seem nice. JMO

Chatfield confirmed authorities had interviewed her three times during the investigation.

She said she did not know her great nephew well. Carnel once came over to her home. He was a well-mannered, pleasant boy, she said.

Even as recently as two weeks ago, she'd occasionally see him visit her two dogs, kept in a kennel on her property.
http://www.mlive.com/news/saginaw/index.ssf/2012/06/carnel_chamberlains_great_aunt.html

Does anyone know if Jaimee was the one that found an attorney for AB?

I thought I heard her say that on the NG interview but I can't find it now.

If she did....I find that strange when you consider she said that she thought he was hiding something.

IMO

Does anyone know if Jaimee was the one that found an attorney for AB?

I thought I heard her say that on the NG interview but I can't find it now.

If she did....I find that strange when you consider she said that she thought he was hiding something.

IMO

Jaimee said AB told her that his Father (Tim Bennett) got him an Attorney.

Which is not true, Chambers was assigned to him by the court. The choice is interesting though, because Chambers defended the underwear bomber (federal death penalty case).

http://www.abc12.com/story/18924737/high-profile-lawyer-takes-over-assault-casehttp://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/...eat-carnel-chamberlain-charges_n_1639763.html

I wonder why her foster parents did not visit Jaimee and Carnel if they lived next door? I know I would have unless I had a reason to stay away. I talk to, and or walk over to my neighbors a couple times a week and their not related to me in any way. It seems strange they were so isolated.

Jaimee said AB told her that his Father (Tim Bennett) got him an Attorney.

Which is not true, Chambers was assigned to him by the court. The choice is interesting though, because Chambers defended the underwear bomber (federal death penalty case).

http://www.abc12.com/story/18924737/high-profile-lawyer-takes-over-assault-casehttp://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/...eat-carnel-chamberlain-charges_n_1639763.html

Interesting.I thought sure Jaimee said she had found the attorney.I must have heard wrong though.
Sounds as though he has a good attorney.I'm hoping this turns out to be a death penalty case.

IMO

Interesting.I thought sure Jaimee said she had found the attorney.I must have heard wrong though.
Sounds as though he has a good attorney.I'm hoping this turns out to be a death penalty case.

IMO

If it isn't a DP case, it will go back to Tribal Court as the abuse charges aren't enough to warrant federal. [I know it sucks but it is the system] Something caused BIA to take jurisdiction over the crime scene and the feds to hold/charge AB. We just don't know definitively what that something is yet.

Ok,
this whole situation is twisted. I've been trying to think about things from different angles. Just throwing out crazy theories. Do I believe them all, nah, but just looking at it differently from the msm that's regurgitated from site to site. We need an update.

Does anyone think that JC could be the aggressor in this situation? Meaning, they're kind of a Bonny and Clyde team, and she's not "poor JC" who made a bad decision.

What if due to AB's background he's taking the fall for something JC ultimately did because he loves her? Or, what if SHE double-crossed him by telling FBI he abused Carnel? What if it were HER?

We know (at least from MSM reporting) she's had a history of running away, drugs, manipulation (ie, not letting grandma talk to Carnel because she was mad at her), horrible taste in men. (Personally, I think she just prefers bad guys).

Maybe she didn't let them speak because she was the one abusing him, or also abusing him? If so, when he was smaller she probably could have gotten away with more, now he's more likely to verbalize what's happening at the house.

I keep reading these statements from her brother about how "we don't condone what she did". (paraphrasing that statement) To me, most brothers wouldn't go that far. They wouldn't even hint at their sibling being in the wrong at all unless they were obviously guilty of something. Sure, the court of public opinion's already had their trial, but most families are not that keenly in touch with the media or care about public opinion. We know she did wrong, but just HOW wrong?

Is there more we haven't learned about other than poor judgement, and non-reporting of AB abusing Carnel? :waitasec:

It seems there could be a bit of something hiding behind those carefully chosen words. Sure the family's angry, they loved Carnel, but wouldn't most place their primary anger at AB instead of JC and not bring such public scrutiny to a grieving mom, their sister, daughter etc...???

I'm in no way letting AB off the hook for anything, just trying to look at it backwards, upside-down and sideways....

(I married a horrible guy, and he did a lot of bad things, not just to me, and never once did my family point any fingers my way because I was taken in by such a con man, and brought him into our family. I know, not exactly the same, but similar)

:moo::moo::moo: rambling theories only...

:couch:

Yes, true. Why did she not bring Carnel over to visit with her foster parents more often? Her foster parents live next door to her and yet they hardly knew Carnel at all. I find this strange since they seem nice. JMO

http://www.mlive.com/news/saginaw/index.ssf/2012/06/carnel_chamberlains_great_aunt.html

I wonder why her foster parents did not visit Jaimee and Carnel if they lived next door? I know I would have unless I had a reason to stay away. I talk to, and or walk over to my neighbors a couple times a week and their not related to me in any way. It seems strange they were so isolated.

The recent news in the link above provided by matou gives the most information I have read ... concerning the great aunt not knowing Carnel well and not being involved in his life... with them living next door. Haven't read of any family arguments involving the great aunt ... but it does appear that mom had an estranged relationship with her. I am going to assume that the reason was mom getting involved with AB, after just being in a relationship with Carnel's bio dad. That would be enough for me to be estranged from her ... but not from Carnie. :heartbeat:

Or, maybe it was the foster parent/foster child relationship. Lots of unknown information.

Up until a month ago, Carnel lived with his grandmother. Maybe Great Aunt and Grandma were on the outs so that is why she did not know him well. Could go back to Great Aunt being JC's Foster parent which caused anger against Grandma as JC's mother.

Up until a month ago, Carnel lived with his grandmother. Maybe Great Aunt and Grandma were on the outs so that is why she did not know him well. Could go back to Great Aunt being JC's Foster parent which caused anger against Grandma as JC's mother.

Good thoughts. Is she a paternal or maternal great aunt?

I've also wondered what kind of role Carnel's bio-dad played in his life. I thought I read somewhere it was non-existent, but in reading the paternal g-ma's facebook page, I see she mentions him. It seems she had an opportunity to spend time with him at some point.

The Great Aunt must be on Jaimee's Dad's side because I believe the mother is from New Orleans area and not the rez. Also, the brother, TC, stated that they are white and Indian. This means that Jaimee would go with family on the rez, in a foster situation, as a child, because of ICWA, The Indian Child Welfare Act. This says that an Indian child is placed with an Indian family over non-Indian, unless one parent is non-Indian. This tells me that the father's family was chosen over the mother.

http://www.nicwa.org/indian_child_welfare_act/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarti
Back