GUILTY MI - Carnel Chamberlain, 4, Mount Pleasant, 21 June 2012 #2

BBBM
I wonder the same thing, why hasn't be been charged? We know by Sierra and Mickey that they can charge someone with murder with no body-and its very evident IMO that this child did not do this to himself-charge the creep and quit wasting time and money. MOO

Today, while reading a statement analysis website, I saw this: "The FBI is handling the investigation into Carnel’s disappearance and has not confirmed the recovered remains are the boy’s." Is this right? MONTHS later, they have not officially ID'd the remains? Yet Jessica Ridgeway, who was found "not intact" was positively ID'd within 2 days... what's up with that?

Today, while reading a statement analysis website, I saw this: "The FBI is handling the investigation into Carnel’s disappearance and has not confirmed the recovered remains are the boy’s." Is this right? MONTHS later, they have not officially ID'd the remains? Yet Jessica Ridgeway, who was found "not intact" was positively ID'd within 2 days... what's up with that?

I'm not sure if the FBI just isn't making a statement in Carnel's case, or the remains are still officially unidentified. As for the difference between Carnel and Jessica's cases, I don't recall reading Jessica's remains were burned. That could be the reason for the difference in time to officially id.

hth

I agree it has to do with *things that he did* to that poor baby. IIRC the body still hasn't been released to the family?

It's just a guess, but due to circumstances surrounding the case it might not be wise to post publicly when Carnels remains are turned over to his family. It appears LE is keeping info very close to the vest in this case, and we probably won't learn many facts until trial.

Over four months since Carnel was found. I never thought we would go this long with no statement from LE. Even worse, that his family would have to wait this long to have a proper funeral.

They have already announced a trial date, but no mention of when his family will have his remains.
icon9.gif

thank you for sharing this wendycity!

this is GREAT GREAT GREAT (did I say great?!) news!

finally!

Jeff Silvernail
Anthony Bennett has been indicted by federal grand jury of the 1st degree murder of Carnel Chamberlain. Story to come.
Story is not up yet, the above is from a MS Reporter's Tweet.

A federal grand jury has indicted Anthony Michael Bennett for the premeditated murder of a child.

Police say Bennett killed the child on the Isabella Reservation on June 21, 2012.

Bennett is a member of the Saginaw Chippewa Indian Tribe.

He is also charged with assaulting another person with a baseball bat and attempting to prevent others from communicating information with law enforcement.

If convicted of first-degree murder, Bennett faces a mandatory term of life imprisonment.
http://www.9and10news.com/story/20032520/isabella-man-indicted-for-killing-a-child

I knew this day would come, my thoughts are with those who love Carnel and have been waiting for justice.
http://www.9and10news.com/story/20032520/isabella-man-indicted-for-killing-a-child

Bennett looks pleased with the attention. I wish him well in federal prison when this big bad dude is tagged as having beaten a 4 year old to death.

Perspective, Bennett. I dont think anyone will be impressed-I suspect the opposite.

Ive been so busy at work today -- zero time to look at internet -- TY for this awesome news!!!!!
Justice is coming sweet angel!

Additional charges to the premeditated murder include:

• Assault with a dangerous weapon: "In June 012 he assaulted Jaimee Chamberlain (Carnel Chamberlain's mother) with a baseball bat"

• Animal cruelty: "In June 2012 he committed a reckless act he knew or should have known would cause harm to an Animal."

• Witness tampering: "On March 23, 2012 Bennett attempted to intimidate, threaten or persuade Russell Hutchinson with the intent to prevent him from communicating information about a possible criminal offense."

• Witness tampering: "On March 23, 2012 Bennett attempted to intimidate, threaten or persuade Diamintina Shaffer with the intent to prevent him from communicating information about a possible criminal offense."

www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/local/central_mich/anthony-bennett-murder-carnel-chamberlain

Bennett's Defense lawyer Anthony Chambers told the Associated Press the murder charge is not a surprise. He said he plans to fight the charges.

It's going to be an interesting defense. I am assuming he will throw Carnel's mom under the bus.

Why oh why does this case bring back Emma Thompson's case?

AmandaReckonwith, we posted at the same time.

Additional charges to the premeditated murder include:

• Assault with a dangerous weapon: "In June 012 he assaulted Jaimee Chamberlain (Carnel Chamberlain's mother) with a baseball bat"

• Animal cruelty: "In June 2012 he committed a reckless act he knew or should have known would cause harm to an Animal."

• Witness tampering: "On March 23, 2012 Bennett attempted to intimidate, threaten or persuade Russell Hutchinson with the intent to prevent him from communicating information about a possible criminal offense."

• Witness tampering: "On March 23, 2012 Bennett attempted to intimidate, threaten or persuade Diamintina Shaffer with the intent to prevent him from communicating information about a possible criminal offense."

www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/local/central_mich/anthony-bennett-murder-carnel-chamberlain

Bolded by me: This statement speaks volumes.

I agree, Jacie, this man was a menace and JC was abused by him. Without starting the whole battered woman syndrome debate, I can have sympathy for her pain on the loss of her son, I can let the tribe and/or justice system deal with her. I can refrain from spreading gossip, rumors and I can refrain from bad-mouthing her.

All that said, :shakehead: She would not be absorbing the loss of her son if she had not left him in the care of that monstrous creature.

Regardless, she will either face charges herself or she won't. If she does not, I can well imagine she will forever be tainted in the eyes of her tribe.

I agree, Jacie, this man was a menace and JC was abused by him. Without starting the whole battered woman syndrome debate, I can have sympathy for her pain on the loss of her son, I can let the tribe and/or justice system deal with her. I can refrain from spreading gossip, rumors and I can refrain from bad-mouthing her.

All that said, :shakehead: She would not be absorbing the loss of her son if she had not left him in the care of that monstrous creature.

Regardless, she will either face charges herself or she won't. If she does not, I can well imagine she will forever be tainted in the eyes of her tribe.

The 'vine' can be more brutal than anything else.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ggbbxx
Back