Deceased/Not Found MI - Coral Hall, 14, Flint, 22 Sept 1998 - *L. Janish guilty*

I just read through this whole thread. I want to commend Melissa and Tanya for being such good friends and so tenacious. God bless them! Reminds me that without a friend, Tammy Jo Alexander/caledonia Jane would not have been brought home either. Coral needs to be brought back home now. I don't think the grandma knows where she is. I think she was probably too high at the time. But I think the two others the detective mentioned DO remember and I hope there are more arrests.

God bless MELISSA AND TANYA!

Hey everyone, it's been a long time since I've been on this site. I would like to thank those of you who helped me along the way with Corals case. I'm glad Lois her grandma was convicted and sentenced finally. It was an emotional roller coaster for me yesterday at the sentencing. It was hard but I got up and spoke. They have showed a small clip of my impact statement on the news. But this will not be over for Tanya and I and detective Hosmer until Corals remains are found and she is given a proper burial. Again thank you all for your help and support through all of this. Much love, Melissa

I can't help but be saddened Coral's half sister didn't show up for the sentencing hearing. I know she's considered a victim here at WS and I don't know what her circumstances are, but her not being there has left me with a heavy heart.

I am so glad Melissa, Tanya and Detective Hosmer never gave up on Coral and will continue to search for her.

As hard as this is to wonder, I find myself wondering about how the police feel about Coral's remains being recoverable or not. Now that this portion of the case is over, I wonder if the can expand on that more. Especially since it appears no one else with possible involvement is alive to be prosecuted, I don't see any conflicts with potential future cases.

I also wonder, with this plea, does it mean Lois can not appeal?

It has been 20 years since Coral Hall was murdered and three years since her grandmother was convicted of killing her. Unfortunately, her body has never been found.

This forum and others like it go a long way in getting some of these formerly "unsolved" cases solved.

th
th

Coral Hall, 14, Murdered 22 September 1998
Body not found.

LINK:

Michigan woman Lois Janish sentenced to 9 years in Coral Hall's death | Daily Mail Online

Grandmother sent to prison for granddaughter’s murder released on parole after 6 years
Updated: Feb. 03, 2022, 11:50 a.m. | Published: Feb. 02, 2022, 5:03 p.m.

FLINT, MI -- A Flint grandmother who pleaded no contest to second-degree murder following her granddaughter’s 1998 disappearance has been released on parole after just six years in state prison.

Michigan Department of Corrections records show Lois Arlene Janish, 82, was released on Oct. 28, 2021 roughly 23 years after she first reported her granddaughter Coral Hall, then 14, was missing. . . .

How disheartening. :(

Bumping up for Coral. May she be found and laid respectfully to rest. May justice be served in the next place, because it really didn't happen here on Earth yet, IMO.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janisjoplin
Back