MI MI - Danielle Stislicki, 28, Southfield, 2 Dec 2016 #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most who have been following know that he hasn't worked in that building since October. That's not new news. LE also knew that he was no longer working there and they STILL found reason to search his home and take his mattress and cars.

Re the profiling: There are many TV programs dedicated to profiling, so that also is a widely known LE strategy. I don't think anyone would ever dispute that profiles are created. I just challenge the assumption that the ONLY reason this particular man's house was searched and stuff was taken was because he fit a profile and was acquainted with her. That seems just as big of an assumption to make as assuming with no doubt that he murdered the victim single-handedly. IMO!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok, so, I guess I am not allowed theorize anymore on how LE develop their leads?

I'm assuming that the cops found out this guy somehow. Other than the obvious (that he was in contact/seen with her) it's less obvious that cops might have created a profile on someone and he arbitrarily fits it. That's what I'm trying to say and make the people reading this thread more aware of.

I'm not painting it as "this is what happened"...

I don't have one, so know little about them. I assumed you wore them during fitness only, but not sounding like it. Do people wear them all the time?

Yeah, a lot of people wear them all the time. (I do! Even to sleep as it tracks your sleep. It's pretty awesome.) The one I have is new, GPS-friendly and also tracks heartbeat, steps, exercise, etc.) But, from the research I did, it seems that the gps isn't actually on the Fitbit. That is from your phone and the Fitbit triggers it. So if I go out for a walk, I have to have my phone on me too if I want to track my route. Hope that makes sense.

I'm obviously missing something here. Unless this "black box" recorded who was driving her car, what conversations took place within the car, or DS's current whereabouts, how is it relevant to her disappearance? Narrowing down the specific time her car was returned may not help any since witnesses have likely already come forward if they saw it being returned and LE has likely scoured over hours and hours of surveillance tapes looking for/tracking her vehicle.

As for the warrants for the SG's home, I've not seen the misdemeanors referenced earlier. But even if it did make the process of obtaining a warrant easier, SOMETHING led LE back to the residence (multiple searches). If he were being "profiled", a visit/questioning would be in order, but seizing someone's mattress and 2 vehicles (in addition to countless smaller items of which we have no idea) doesn't happen every day. If LE only singled out people, why haven't we heard of the ex boyfriend's home being searched or the best friend she was to be spending the night with. Maybe it's because they were checked out and proven to be credible, where the SG hasn't? I'm not saying SG is personally responsible (or the only one), but there is clearly some pretty substantial evidence that led LE to him (witnesses, phone records/pings, etc.). All MOO, of course.

I was just expressing doubt that the Security Guard was ever anything than some old fashioned police work where there were little actual leads to go off of. Also, if the SG had a record, even with just minors/misdemeanors, it makes it that much easier to sign off a warrant to search his home.

I'm simply being skeptical of his involvement. To many things don't add up for me to think the case would be solved that easily. I have noticed he invoking his 5A rights and lawyered up. But to me, that says nothing other than he's smart and knows his rights. If it were me, I wouldn't talk to the police either.

As for crhedBngr, cars now record 15 data points continuously according to the various articles posted previously in this thread ( http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/.../26/keep-your-car-black-box-private/20609035/ ). The document you linked is from 2006. I believe the latest regulations were for cars made after 2014. I think Dani's car makes that cut.

Ok, so, I guess I am not allowed theorize anymore on how LE develop their leads?

I'm assuming that the cops found out this guy somehow. Other than the obvious (that he was in contact/seen with her) it's less obvious that cops might have created a profile on someone and he arbitrarily fits it. That's what I'm trying to say and make the people reading this thread more aware of.

I'm not painting it as "this is what happened"...

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that you shouldn't theorize that LE profiles people to develop leads! I think that goes without saying. I think profiling is fascinating and follow Pat Brown, etc. I thought you were saying that the only reason this guy was searched was because he fit a profile. Carry on!

Edited:typo

I didn't ask the original question. Just asking if that was the post being asked about.

Sorry never looked back to see who posted the original question. Well if it's that one I answered the question ahead of time lol. Still an interesting one you found there.

Yeah, a lot of people wear them all the time. (I do! Even to sleep as it tracks your sleep. It's pretty awesome.) The one I have is new, GPS-friendly and also tracks heartbeat, steps, exercise, etc.) But, from the research I did, it seems that the gps isn't actually on the Fitbit. That is from your phone and the Fitbit triggers it. So if I go out for a walk, I have to have my phone on me too if I want to track my route. Hope that makes sense.

Hum , so if hers was a model with GPS and it was linked to her phone would that be stored on an app linked to a computer ? Her phone is missing but what if it's with her ? I realize both the phone and Fitbit would have since exceeded their battery life but what if they were syncing for a few days at least ?

BBM We don't know that, he may have a rock solid alibi. But without knowing EXACTLY where he was, it's speculation that circumstances didn't place him there. JMO

I know that once a crime was believed to have been committed they look for profiles of would-be suspects. They have a black book that they don't tell the general public about, as it's probably non-PC but it can be guaranteed cops have and will continue to develop leads in this manner.

All I'm stating is that we know for sure he didn't work there at the time she disappeared. People keep submitting theories that he followed her home, or maybe got a ride when the current circumstances don't place him at Metlife on Dec 2.

Bingo. And even then, it wouldn't be 'tracking' it would be: when was it last used (this would answer if the car arrived their on the 2nd or the next day on the 3rd), how far did it go, what routes could it have conceivable taken, etc.

As for the SG, he could have been in the building there that day I suppose, but it wasn't because he was gainfully employed there...

So maybe that's exactly why LE enforcement believes DS didn't drive her car to IGA. They know when it was driven, and they know when her phone was turned off. It seems like you are implying that LE is not dedicated to solving this case. I'm just uncomfortable with that and I don't know where that idea coming from.

My bad. No, we don't know location of this guy on Dec. 2. We do know he worked there. He didn't work there at the time of her disappearance. I imagine as a former employee, he may have been fired or quit (how else do you become a former employee?) and for whatever reason, came to the attention of the police. Why? No one knows.

Could be former because of a layoff or transfer to a different job site as well.

See, I understand wanting to do things right to make sure the suspect is prosecuted correctly, but at this point, if we are to assume Dani is still alive, it's a second priority.

Bringing her back is number one and I'm really tired of this statement being used as a reason to be 'patient' because if it was me who was kidnapped, I would only care that people were trying to rescue me. Not build a case against my captors.

This is really sad to say, but maybe LE have reason to believe at this point that she is no longer able to be rescued alive. I don't know that to be true at all. But it's a possibility. We don't know what they found in the searches. (At least I don't!) If anyone else has learned that info please share if you can.

I wonder if the drivers seat was in a position to suggest a taller/shorter person than DS last drove? I know it would be a stupid mistake for someone to make but it is possible. Anyway, maybe thats why they think someone else parked her Jeep?
In all the Jeeps I've driven I have to move the seat back to get out as hard to turn my body. I don't feel that's a good way to judge it. I know LE do but I always move mine back to get out.

Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk

Or he could have taken FMLA time to take care of a sick relative.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Was thinking that too. (And then there has been discussion of the building changing hands at the time and the possibility of change in security companies.)

That's allowed, it's MSM and you can post stories on unidentifed bodies.
Yes thank you
Sorry for the delay, got busy with one of my children.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Hum , so if hers was a model with GPS and it was linked to her phone would that be stored on an app linked to a computer ? Her phone is missing but what if it's with her ? I realize both the phone and Fitbit would have since exceeded their battery life but what if they were syncing for a few days at least ?

I am just not sure. If she has a model that enables GPS and uses that function then I think it's fair to assume she uses a mobile app.

If she had Bluetooth turned ON on her phone AND her Fitbit was always syncing in realtime (I do that but I don't know if most do) then that info should have been collected in real time.

I am dumb about the technology of apps, but It's totally possible that with Bluetooth synced info could have gone straight to the cloud, which could mean that someone might be able to retrieve it. But she would also had to have programmed it to track her at that time.

So a lot of IF'S, if she even was wearing it. But hopefully!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member