MI MI - Danielle Stislicki, 28, Southfield, 2 Dec 2016 #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's kind of scary when you think about it. Before too long, emloyers are going to require it to assess your productivity and insurers will require it to assess your health and whether you've slept enough to drive, etc. Everything in moderationtion and some of the tech is really neat (I just got a Wifi scale and a Fitbit which work great for keeping track of things!) but they have like bluetoothwater bottles now that keep track of how much water you drink and stuff... yikes. Over the top! And totally off topic here, my bad.

Heres a recent new tech story I experienced this week -
I was given a GPS for Christmas. We took it to the store where my hubby purchased it for a " free set up " well the tech set it up to sync with my phone so that calls and text would go through it while driving. I didn't quite understand how that was going to work until Thursday when I tried making a call before leaving for my destination with my GPS on. Needless to say I removed the access linked through my Bluetooth for that feature. Kinda creepy hearing my GPS ringing with my phone up to my ear. At first I had not idea what was happening all I could hear was a phone ringing inside my car and it was LOUD. I'm getting too old for new technology... LOL

I said earlier, if he was a real POI, he'd be in hand cuffs.
Tell that to ZuZu Verk's family. Her case is a prime example of this very type of situation. They found a lot of unconnected evidence, they have ear witnesses and eye witnesses to many connected events, but they have not arrested anyone - even though it's very obvious who did what and when.

It's best to deal with facts here, and make sure to note things as personal opinion when they are not facts, so creditability is not lost.

At the risk of belaboring the Fitbit discussion...

I have one. Log in to my dashboard on my computer and can see how many steps my "friends" I am connected with take each day.

If nothing else, if a person has a setup like I do, then one could tell if steps were taken the day after going missing, etc. Of course assuming the fitbit was still being worn.

Tell that to ZuZu Verk's family. Her case is a prime example of this very type of situation. They found a lot of unconnected evidence, they have ear witnesses and eye witnesses to many connected events, but they have not arrested anyone - even though it's very obvious who did what and when.

It's best to deal with facts here, and make sure to note things as personal opinion when they are not facts, so creditability is not lost.

I'll admit, I'm premature on that statement. Should not have said that.

That said, I am skeptical as to his guilt at this point. I feel that if the police were able to gain access to his digital devices, vehicle and home, that this case would have moved forward by this point (like initiating a physical search of geographic information obtained on the records of his movements). However, it doesn't seem to have moved that direction at all. The cops and family are still saying "Don't search, share her photo" which to me, is not going to improve the chances of locating Dani.

I wish the family would hire a PI with the money. Wouldn't hurt.

At the risk of belaboring the Fitbit discussion...

I have one. Log in to my dashboard on my computer and can see how many steps my "friends" I am connected with take each day.

If nothing else, if a person has a setup like I do, then one could tell if steps were taken the day after going missing, etc. Of course assuming the fitbit was still being worn.

Yes , good point . Mine is set up like that too.

Yes , good point . Mine is set up like that too.

I should also add, a fitbit doesn't necessarily need to be worn whether on the wrist or as mine is, a clip on. It could merely be in your purse/pocket and still sense motion.

That said, I am skeptical as to his guilt at this point. I feel that if the police were able to gain access to his digital devices, vehicle and home, that this case would have moved forward by this point (like initiating a physical search of geographic information obtained on the records of his movements). However, it doesn't seem to have moved that direction at all. The cops and family are still saying "Don't search, share her photo" which to me, is not going to improve the chances of locating Dani.

But... we don't know if they've hired a PI, we don't know all that LE has found out, and we don't know if leads will eventually lead to an arrest. We also don't know if DS is still alive or not. We don't know much.

What we do know is that Danielle is missing, at least 12 agencies are actively involved in finding her (to varying degees), LE stated they believe she did not drive her own car home, and we know that a security guard's home was searched and a mattress (among other things) was seized. Also, vehicles owned by said SG have been seized, all under issue of warrants.

My speculation is that this is all part of a much grander search, and that the SG is involved in something much bigger and more widespread than just Dani's disappearance, and until that fish leads them to bigger fish, we won't see an arrest.

Having said that, I also believe an arrest is inevitable. JMO

Look at the WS MP forum....if you think this one moves slow you haven't followed many cases....the vast majority sit and swirl like a hurricane in the Atlantic gaining speed and power...but take what feels like forever, can be months, years, never.

I don't think you are going to get the microwave version of the case .....but you will see an arrest.

But... we don't know if they've hired a PI, we don't know all that LE has found out, and we don't know if leads will eventually lead to an arrest. We also don't know if DS is still alive or not. We don't know much.

What we do know is that Danielle is missing, at least 12 agencies are actively involved in finding her (to varying degees), LE stated they believe she did not drive her own car home, and we know that a security guard's home was searched and a mattress (among other things) was seized. Also, vehicles owned by said SG have been seized, all under issue of warrants.

My speculation is that this is all part of a much grander search, and that the SG is involved in something much bigger and more widespread than just Dani's disappearance, and until that fish leads them to bigger fish, we won't see an arrest.

Having said that, I also believe an arrest is inevitable. JMO

I don't buy the report that says that LE doesn't believe she didn't drive her car home. I think it's more likely, they still don't know if she did or not. It's from an anonymous source and I have not seen it repeated elsewhere. So to me, that's unconfirmed.

As far as this being about something 'bigger' and thus the secrecy... eh, I think a $100k reward already puts this case in a certain category of already being 'big' without being part of some grander conspiracy.

I learned to ride a bike in Redford. I am of a similar age to Dani and so are most of my siblings and friends including women who reside in FH. I feel a connection deep to this case.

I think we have a crime that is rare for the area and I'm not impressed when they say "12 agencies" are working on it. I don't doubt that 12 agencies have donated various resources at certain stages, but that is not the same as a formed task force with dedicated, round-the-clock manpower. I have direct experience in this area from my service overseas in witnessing how different agencies coordinate and work with each other.

Unfortunately, the lack of information on this case is it's own undoing. I can understand why they would be tight lipped so early on, but at this point, it's been over a month and there doesn't seem to be much coming from the family that suggests anything has been ground breaking. We all have seen enough missing persons cases to know that the further away from the date the disappearance... :( enough said.

I think trying to speculate this far down the rabbit hole without more facts is sort of misguided.

We don't know who took her. I've heard grumblings that the apartment wasn't eligible for evidence collection because of the amount of traffic that was allowed in and out of it before it was treated as an actual crime scene.

All we know is, her car was parked where it should have been and from there, it's really anyone's guess.

I tend to think that unlike what her Dad stated at the press conference that she didn't just "walk off," that she did. I think that she assumed the good in people, wasn't in a perceived threatening situation and did indeed willingly leave with someone. To me, it makes the most sense.

You are the one who asked posters on this thread a question that could only be answered with speculation and theory. Why might he have taken her to his home? Perhaps noting that a particular question you ask is rhetorical (and that you think it would be misguided to answer) would be helpful. IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I remember that case in Armada. So sad for her family.

I had no idea her FitBit helped find her killer. Good to know those things can help with finding a person.

So my FitBit tracking theory isn't too far fetched. I was up late last night reading as much as I could on FitBit apps when all I should have done was wait till morning and read this.

The thought of the GPS on FitBits and knowing she had one just got me hopeful it may be a way to find her.
I'm sure LE knows about FitBit features since it has helped in other cases.

April Milsap case and here is a news link:

https://crimewatchdaily.com/2016/03...-dog-along-on-popular-jogging-trail-vanishes/

Look at the WS MP forum....if you think this one moves slow you haven't followed many cases....the vast majority sit and swirl like a hurricane in the Atlantic gaining speed and power...but take what feels like forever, can be months, years, never.

I don't think you are going to get the microwave version of the case .....but you will see an arrest.

One thing I will say about Dani's case that is different is the fact that she was reported missing very quickly to her last known whereabouts. This gives police a huge jumping off point to track her down. It wasn't like she slipped under the radar and then people started asking questions. No, she was in contact with a friend within an hour or two of her disappearance.

Add to that, the reward, the viral media campaign and the sheer amount of public interest, and I feel her case is an exception to the rules when it comes to a MP case.

You are the one who asked posters on this thread a question that could only be answered with speculation and theory. Why might he have taken her to his home? Perhaps noting that a particular question you ask is rhetorical (and that you think it would be misguided to answer) would be helpful. IMO.

I think that since the police took a mattress from the home of SG, that asking that question makes sense. Why would he take her to his home? Whoever did compromise her that Friday afternoon made sure her cell phone was turned off (or possible destroyed) pretty quickly. So, would it make still sense to bring evidence to the place where you live and can reasonably assume, police would search?

Trying to create an elaborate kidnapping theory with a gun during the busy part of the day is more where I think we get into 'wild' speculation.

One thing I will say about Dani's case that is different is the fact that she was reported missing very quickly to her last known whereabouts. This gives police a huge jumping off point to track her down. It wasn't like she slipped under the radar and then people started asking questions. No, she was in contact with a friend within an hour or two of her disappearance.

Add to that, the reward, the viral media campaign and the sheer amount of public interest, and I feel her case is an exception to the rules when it comes to a MP case.

Again, go look thru the MP forum....it's not. After 10 years in here I can promise you. The family has done a tremendous job with SM, but other than that it's a lot like others.....just poof!

There are plenty of cases that even have a named POI that stall out...frustrating to be sure. But it's just the way it is. All the LE bashing you want to do isn't going to change a thing. As a watcher, it's all you can do...hope, pray and keep your ears and eyes open.

BBM
Just pointing out that in the initial press conference. this wasn't made to sound like HER specific parking space, but rather, a parking space that would make sense for her based on where her building entrance was. After that point, people started calling it "her space" but I don't know if it's ever been actually confirmed beyond just being a convenient place to park for someone running in and out real quick.
Believe she had to pay an extra amount in rent for her parking spot.... Perhaps our verified insider can clear this up..

ETA - $14 per month pops into my head, but don't know... Also spots do not have names on them... Interesting too, perp had to know the apt parking lot did not have surveillance....

ETA - 90% sure LE has there man, but in no rush to arrest since waiting either to locate her or for something more...

Also, going back to what wrote, LE's interest in locating key chain fits in with if there was nothing in car to indicate something was wrong, she may have dropped the keys without perp knowing it to mark place where she was taken from care...

I actually don't know about that but I'm fairly certain AtomicAngela has addressed it a few times now. Wish I could recall what she said about it, <modsnip>

I actually don't know about that but I'm fairly certain AtomicAngela has addressed it a few times now. Wish I could recall what she said about it, <modsnip>

She said that most people adopt spots that become their favorites and each resident tries to just respect that. They already have to pay just to have a spot and to pay additional for a certain spot isn't worthwhile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cluesearcher