MI - Dog-mauling death ruled suicide

I don't know if this case was suicide but IMO if there is a five to six foot fence around someone's back yard and a person climbs it to pass through that yard and a dog mauls that person to death yeah I guess they can call that suicide. You entered at your own risk, you are responsible for actions. Of course it would be entirely different if the dog was roaming free in the neighborhood.

I don't believe people should have dogs in a backyard that will kill people. What if a child went in to retrieve a ball??

I must be missing something here. I wonder if there were self inflicted injuries prior to her being with the dogs? Perhaps she harmed herself in some way and then went into the back yard?? How can it be a suicide. How do you know the dogs will kill you and not just injure you??

BBM, Maybe it was only her intent to let the dogs attack her or to dare them to - since she was distraught. I can see someone doing that - especially if she was walking by and the dogs were barking at her and her emotions got the best of her.

I don't understand why she would willingly go into a yard with pit bulls growling and barking at her. Who would take a 'shortcut' through a yard full of snarling pit bulls? This is so weird.

I agree with this. If she went into that yard, it was not because she thought it was a shortcut. The boyfriend should be thoroughly investigated for making a suggestion along those lines. IMO

Maybe she was sad and stopped to pet the dogs as she had one herself….. Good dogs are therapeutic, bad dogs are death dealers. No one can testify to her state of mind, only that she left the house after a spat.

Tests Show Port Huron Woman Killed By Dogs Was Drunk, On Drugs

January 8, 2016 4:42 PM

PORT HURON (WWJ/AP) – Tests show a young woman who climbed a fence into a Port Huron yard and was mauled to death by dogs was drunk and had used cocaine and marijuana.

The Dec. 3 death of 22-year-old Rebecca Hardy has been ruled a suicide because authorities believe she knew the risk of climbing over a fence and entering the yard of a home in the 1700-block of 10th Street, where the dogs were contained.

Toxicology results were released Friday...

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2016/01...uron-woman-killed-by-dogs-was-drunk-on-drugs/

Woman mauled by pit bulls had drugs, alcohol in system

Holly Fournier, The Detroit News 2:05 p.m. EST January 8, 2016

A 22-year-old Port Huron woman who was fatally mauled by two pit bulls last month likely was under the influence of marijuana, cocaine and alcohol at the time of her death.

“She had alcohol at the level of 0.23, so that would be like three times the level of legal intoxication,” Oakland County Medical Examiner Ljubisa Dragovic said of Rebecca Hardy’s toxicology results. “There were active compounds of marijuana and there was a breakdown product of cocaine.” ...

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...uled-pit-bulls-drugs-alcohol-system/78512830/

Tests Show Port Huron Woman Killed By Dogs Was Drunk, On Drugs

January 8, 2016 4:42 PM

PORT HURON (WWJ/AP) – Tests show a young woman who climbed a fence into a Port Huron yard and was mauled to death by dogs was drunk and had used cocaine and marijuana.

The Dec. 3 death of 22-year-old Rebecca Hardy has been ruled a suicide because authorities believe she knew the risk of climbing over a fence and entering the yard of a home in the 1700-block of 10th Street, where the dogs were contained.

Toxicology results were released Friday...

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2016/01...uron-woman-killed-by-dogs-was-drunk-on-drugs/

But...wouldn't that point to accidental, rather than intentional suicide? If she wasn't in her right mind, so to speak? Not realizing the danger or the risk.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shimona
Back