MI MI - Elizabeth 'Connie' Converse, 49, Ann Arbor, Aug 1974

Could this be anything?

Maybe. And welcome to Websleuths.
FWIW there are no exclusions listed for this unidentified person at NamUs. The height is a bit short, 5'1" vs. 5'7-5'10" for Connie, and eyes are a maybe: blue vs. "Exact color unknown but possibly brown or blue".

The timing fits what we know. The description at NamUs doesn't mention a car. Sounds like the UID was on foot: "Witnesses observed the subject walk into the water and disappear." Too bad there is no photo or reconstruction.

It looks quite promising. It's certainly a lead that's worth running to ground.
Connie is reported to be 5'7" and 165lbs with brown hair and hazel eyes. She is also edentulous with a full plate of dentures, has a hysterectomy scar, and was known to wear men's clothing.

The UID in question above is 5'1" and 120lbs with blue eyes. Both the height and weight are really far off here - for height I allow 1-2" (for ME error and people do shrink a little when they die), and weight up to 15lbs. In terms of eye color, blue and hazel are indeed similar - so if there are many commonalities between the UID and the subject I'll go ahead and report it. In this case though there are really just too many discrepancies - but good catch anyway!

Last edited:
We Lived Alone: The Connie Converse Documentary

"This 40-minute experimental documentary will explore the life of Elizabeth Eaton 'Connie' Converse. After being commercially ignored as a singer/songwriter, Connie disappeared in 1974 at the age of 50, leaving only goodbye notes and a filing cabinet full of her extraordinary life's work. Her deeply personal songs were ahead of their time. Faced with major surgery and a crippling sense of failure, Connie Converse drove off in her Volkswagen bug and was never heard from again. 'We Lived Alone' uses an archive of recordings, photos, interviews, and symbolic footage to investigate the life of Connie Converse through the lens of her own music."

Could this be anything?

Welcome to Ws @BMAMAN!
Thanks for bringing your suggestion here!
Although the UID Doe's height does not seem to match up with Connie, she is still worth a peek, this is the thread for her..

We Lived Alone: The Connie Converse Documentary (2014)

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3841606/mediaviewer/rm1317051649/?ref_=tt_ov_i
''This 40-minute experimental documentary will explore the life of Elizabeth Eaton 'Connie' Converse. After being commercially ignored as a singer/songwriter, Connie disappeared in 1974 at the age of 50, leaving only goodbye notes and a filing cabinet full of her extraordinary life's work. Her deeply personal songs were ahead of their time. Faced with major surgery and a crippling sense of failure, Connie Converse drove off in her Volkswagen bug and was never heard from again. 'We Lived Alone' uses an archive of recordings, photos, interviews, and symbolic footage to investigate the life of Connie Converse through the lens of her own music.''

I hadn't heard of the case before but am now going to watch the documentary.

Small correction, @nhmemorymaker - the biography came out back in May/June.

On August 11 they’re releasing “a new album containing 32 songs…It's a recording Converse made herself, at home in 1956. She called it Musicks.”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whimzee
Back