MI MI - Eric Franks, 40, Buena Vista Twp, 21 March 2011 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am also in Michigan and would be more than willing to hang fliers along I-94, I-96, I-275, etc

I wonder - if a car is impounded and sits at a tow yard for awhile, does the plates and/or VIN get entered into any type of database?

Thank you for the info searching - i totally understand about not wanting to say too much.

If some wonderful WS'er could do a flyer up - I could get those to several places/people. (Including the tv station in above link, as i used to work there)

I am heading to Detroit now, will be back tomorrow night...will check in then. Will keep eyes and ears open!

Supposedly they're put in a DB, but I have a friend whose friend was murdered. Victim's car was in impound lot - and posted right above it was a poster about the car! That was longer ago, so hopefully technology has improved things.

Thanks for the offer about putting posters out. We may try to work on something as well. Have a safe trip to Detroit.

Is there an existing poster for Eric or do we need to put one together?

Thanks for sharing information, searchingfamily, and welcome to Websleuths. I live in north-suburban Detroit and would post fliers in my local area. Wish we had known about Eric sooner: March seems so long ago to not know the whereabouts of a loved one. Thoughts and prayers for your family and hoping that Eric is safe and well.

Searchingfamily, do you guys have a flier made for him???? Have you contacted any search organizations to help you?

Before the news story yesterday, police were keeping things quiet so as not to mess with their investigation. Now, though it seems we can go for it. So we don't have a flier yet, but will make one! Any advice on what to put on it?

Thanks for sharing information, searchingfamily, and welcome to Websleuths. I live in north-suburban Detroit and would post fliers in my local area. Wish we had known about Eric sooner: March seems so long ago to not know the whereabouts of a loved one. Thoughts and prayers for your family and hoping that Eric is safe and well.

March 2011 - so yeah, we're a year and a half without hearing his voice.

No poster on the net that I can find. The tow yard would go by the Vin# and not by the plates in case it they could be switched, IMO. Hopefully, now that the correction has been made something pops up somewhere. I'd be asking LE to recheck that correct Vin#. How long do those yards hold a vehicle...anyone know? Or what happens to the vehicles after that certain time period? Sold?

Before the news story yesterday, police were keeping things quiet so as not to mess with their investigation. Now, though it seems we can go for it. So we don't have a flier yet, but will make one! Any advice on what to put on it?

his picture

his vital stats: (age, height, weight, hair color, any identifying things like tattoos, etc)

a picture of his car (you could use the one I put in this thread since that is the right color) with plates (a picture of the plates if you have one)

a little description of last seen to include date, by whom, where, when, etc

I hope this helps!

also were any of his personal items found in the motel or did he check out? Did he have a cell phone??? How about wallet, etc?

^^^I just opened a few of the templates and they are exactly what you need to get started... you just download it and open it with your word program... than you can change the text to your info and insert picture

Searching, was his move to MI again for a permanent move and he just couldn't find work again or was it just temporary? TIA

ETA: In a previous post you stated he moved to MI again in late 2011....did you mean 2010?

19484739_BG1.jpg

I just noticed he is from Archbold! (I have family in the Toledo area and was born in Ohio myself)

Did the estranged girlfriend say he was headed home or WHERE he was headed when he left? Has she taken a polygraph?

well, let's get a case map going.... I am off to start one.. I will start with last seen.. brb

"...Investigators learned that Franks went to Saginaw, MI, and met with an estranged girlfriend who is the mother of Franks' child. Franks checked into the Miller Motel in Bridgeport sometime in late 2010 and stayed for about five months..."

http://www.wnem.com/story/19484739/p...ing-since-2011

Has the child lived with the estranged girlfriend? Did Eric have visitation rights and/or did he ever see his child? Was the child known to Eric's family: grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins? Could Eric's disappearance be somehow related to custody issues involving the child?

"...Investigators learned that Franks went to Saginaw, MI, and met with an estranged girlfriend who is the mother of Franks' child. Franks checked into the Miller Motel in Bridgeport sometime in late 2010 and stayed for about five months..."

http://www.wnem.com/story/19484739/p...ing-since-2011

Has the child lived with the estranged girlfriend? Did Eric have visitation rights and/or did he ever see his child? Was the child known to Eric's family: grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins? Could Eric's disappearance be somehow related to custody issues involving the child?

Child was and is with mom. Nether Eric nor his family was aware of the child until right before he moved there in late 2010. No custody battles.

Searching, was his move to MI again for a permanent move and he just couldn't find work again or was it just temporary? TIA

ETA: In a previous post you stated he moved to MI again in late 2011....did you mean 2010?

Sorry - I fixed the post - he moved there in late 2010.

He planned it to be a permanent move. Claimed he and the mother were going to move in together and live happily ever after, but she denies. Hard to know who to believe, but she had to make him aware of the child for the first time after so many years for a reason.

I just noticed he is from Archbold! (I have family in the Toledo area and was born in Ohio myself)

Did the estranged girlfriend say he was headed home or WHERE he was headed when he left? Has she taken a polygraph?

She claims California, but we know he had no money to pay for gas, and she says she didn't give him any. And we know his phone never left Saginaw Co. No poly, just extensive interviews.

Oh, and hotel operator says she cleaned his stuff out by herself, she claims Eric was there.

okay... put together a little case map... I put archbold since that was in article and maybe he was headed there (re: thinking about where to post fliers in the future) and also hotel he was at

if we need to add any other points just post them here and I can add them. This is an interactive case map so you can click on the icons to the left and it will take you to the points of interest. (you can also zoom in and out)

http://goo.gl/maps/NEk4G

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member