MI MI - Highland Park, WhtFem 15-25, UP12115, nickname "Bill", may be runaway from Ohio, Mar'76

NamUs UP12115 https://identifyus.org/en/cases/12115
NCMEC Case 1228213 http://www.missingkids.com/poster/NCMU/1228213

bc6b9651-fe32-4cc2-9a87-653963f71190.jpg

Unidentified White Female

The victim was discovered on March 25, 1976 at 308 Buena Vista St., Highland Park (Wayne County), Michigan

Body Condition
Condition: Recognizable face - All Parts Recovered
Postmortem Interval: Hours

Vital Statistics

Estimated age: 15-25
Approximate Height: 5'8" (68 inches).
Approximate Weight: 150 pounds.
Hair: Brown, Shoulder length
Eyes: Blue or Green

Clothing & Accessories

Clothing: Black/dark gray blouse-size 42, Black and white checked slacks, size 32, black bra
Footwear: Maroon socks

Identifiers
Fingerprints: Fingerprint information is available elsewhere
Dentals: Available and Entered
DNA: Sample is currently not available

Case History
The body of a young woman was transported from a private residence in Highland Park when the residents were unable to wake her after a night of partying. She was transported to the Detroit Osteopathic Hospital where she expired. The only information the residents had is that she called herself "Bill" and she was a runaway from a youth home in Ohio and was picked up on 7 Mile in Detroit.​

Does this seem a match to anyone else. I see similarities in the sketch and photo.

The second photo is that of Linda Sue Nickell who went missing in Michigan in February 1976. I have emailed in this tip to Lori (who is listed as the contact). Linda's NCIC case number M-631553854

Attachments

• nickell_linda.jpg
    nickell_linda.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 119

nickell_linda.jpg

Linda Sue Nickell particulars:

Missing Since: February 2, 1976 from Flint, Genesee County, Michigan
  • Classification: Missing
  • Date Of Birth: September 17, 1955
  • Height: 5'4"
  • Weight: 130 lbs.
  • Hair Color: Blonde/red
  • Eye Color: Green
  • Race: White
  • Distinguishing Characteristics: Healed fracture to right arm as
    a result of car crash.
  • Clothing: Blue jeans, a red top, and a maroon jacket.
  • Case Number: 32-96-01
  • NCIC Number: M-631553854

I know the height is off but we've seen that before. The eyes seems too similar to me to dismiss.

Received a kind reply from Lori with NaMus. She states that information she has in the file appear to rule out Linda BUT they will compare other information such as dental records before ruling her out. She agreed that sometimes information is misstated or added incorrectly, so this is the best way to rule someone out.

I believe there is more than a casual similarity in the facial features so sent in a request. Hoping to find some closure for the families of the missing.

http://www.missingkids.com/poster/NCMU/1228213 said:
An unidentified female was found deceased in Highland Park, Michigan on March 25, 1976. Authorities found the female deceased within a few hours after she had passed away at a residence on Buena Vista Street. She is estimated to have been 17-20 years old. She had shoulder length brown hair and blue eyes. She stood 5’08” tall and weighed approximately 150 pounds. No dental fillings or cavities were observed in her teeth. Some of her upper front teeth did overlap slightly. The female was found wearing black and white checkered slacks (size 32), a dark colored blouse (size 42), a black bra and maroon socks. The female may not have been from the local area as she had just met the people she was staying with that same evening. The female’s name or nickname may have been Bill and was possibly a runaway from the state of Ohio. The image shown is a facial reconstruction completed by a NCMEC Forensic Artists and depicts what she may have looked like in life.

Information from missing children site. NaMus site states eyes are blue / green. Linda's profile states green / brown. ? Anyway, for better or worse she can be excluded if not a match.

I still believe that Sharon Pretorius could still possibly be the Jane Doe. I haven't seen her listed on NamUs as a rule-out (noting that Lori Lloyd has been). Did anyone submit this possibility to investigators?

I find it strange that no postmortem photo has been released for Bill. I feel like this case could be really easily solved

Is there any possibility that she could be Rose Cole? I don't necessarily see a strong resemblance to the recon, but some of the circumstances may fit.

Rose was known to be a teen runaway, she was on the streets of San Francisco in 1973, the last confirmed contact from her. (She had run away from Synanon in Oakland, Ca.).

Her family lived in Michigan and in her letters she was saying she wanted to come home but felt her family didn't want her. There was also a court document in Michigan which indicated that Rise had appeared in court there after her last known contact but her family is unsure if she was actually present in court.

In one of Rose's letters, she said she had all her belongings stolen from the bus station which is an indication that she had intended to leave San Francisco. This was in 1972 or 1973.

I do not know of any connection to the name Bill or to Ohio though. Her vitals are reasonably close although her profile says she had hazel eyes. But looking at the one color photo on Charley Project they look green to me.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/c/cole_rose.html

Is there any possibility that she could be Rose Cole? I don't necessarily see a strong resemblance to the recon, but some of the circumstances may fit.

Rose was known to be a teen runaway, she was on the streets of San Francisco in 1973, the last confirmed contact from her. (She had run away from Synanon in Oakland, Ca.).

Her family lived in Michigan and in her letters she was saying she wanted to come home but felt her family didn't want her. There was also a court document in Michigan which indicated that Rise had appeared in court there after her last known contact but her family is unsure if she was actually present in court.

In one of Rose's letters, she said she had all her belongings stolen from the bus station which is an indication that she had intended to leave San Francisco. This was in 1972 or 1973.

I do not know of any connection to the name Bill or to Ohio though. Her vitals are reasonably close although her profile says she had hazel eyes. But looking at the one color photo on Charley Project they look green to me.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/c/cole_rose.html

I actually think she looks very close! (keep in mind that UID had overdosed, that the "recon" is based very closely off a photograph of a relatively pristine very-recently deceased person)
And as Rose Cole was running and hiding from a cult, it could definitely make sense that she was found so far from California.

DNA still not available. :(

Hi all, long time lurker!

I just wanted to ask if anyone submitted Rose Cole as a possibility? I found a link to the name 'Bill' - her step brother was named 'Billy' and in her letters home she referenced him. I couldn't see a specific rule out for the two.

You guys do fantastic work :)

Some one up thread mentioned 15-25 being a odd age range for some one considered to be a runaway from a group/youth home. It made me think of adult group homes for dependent or otherwise vulnerable adults which could be plausible if she was on the older side. I personally believe she was under 18 and a ward of the state case that was dropped with no missing persons report.

Her case always has intrigued me being she was known alive before she died. I wonder what the last people to be with her could say about the time they spent together. Like how did it come about that she attended the party if no one really knew her (being she's still unidentified)? How many people was she around that night? What was some things she talked about? Her mannerisms? Where were her shoes (anyone else notice that?)?

Elizabeth Lamotte was recently identified and she was unreported missing from a youth center. Shannon Aumock was also another one that ran away from a facility and wasn't reported. Could Bill be another one the system let fall through the cracks?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back