GUILTY MI - Jasmine Phillips, 21 mos, scalded to death, Orion Twp, 18 Dec 2004

this is so sad. Why oh why do these women have babies if they do not want them. Something needs to be done in this country. There are too many babies being killed.

LadyLuck said:
this is so sad. Why oh why do these women have babies if they do not want them. Something needs to be done in this country. There are too many babies being killed.
Amen to that! There are so many loving couples who are incapable of conceiving and lose hope when the adoption process is dragged out in some cases years. Yet women like this pop 'em out like rabbits.

lisad71 said:
Amen to that! There are so many loving couples who are incapable of conceiving and lose hope when the adoption process is dragged out in some cases years. Yet women like this pop 'em out like rabbits.

Not that they are fertile but they are killers. My daughter's friends who are infertile are seeking out children born in China, primarily girls, which are not held in high regard and often abandoned or murdered. Some loving people from the US are trying to make a difference. So many instances where the children could be adopted but our system is perverted or so it seems. Where do we go for this acknowledgement? Do we let dfacs control and fall by the wayside or do we allow people with the most human thoughts adopt? Or do we allow foster parenting where dollars control be the end all for the system. Most of the people in foster parenting are in the bottom 1/3 of income levels in the country and need the extra support. Not that I am bashing poor people because I am one of them. But the fact to parenting and what it entails is something that needs to be addressed. Education, good judgement, livelihood and compassion are the prerequisites.

A somber jury deliberated two hours before convicting an Orion Township woman of first-degree murder Friday for placing her boyfriend's toddler in a bathtub of scalding water, then letting her die of the injuries without getting her help.

Letitia Johnson, 28, rocked slightly as the verdict was read, but otherwise showed no emotion.

Johnson, mother of seven, took Jasmine Phillips, 21 months old, the night of Dec. 18 and placed her in a tub of steaming water and held her there as she screamed, according to the evidence in the three- day trial. She then slathered petroleum jelly on the child and placed her on a mattress. She died within hours of dehydration caused by the massive third degree burns that covered her body from the waist down.

http://www.freep.com/news/latestnews/pm4868_20050701.htm

Thank goodness, this is one of the most chilling crimes I can imagine. I got goosebumps when I read that the girl was clutching at her, trying to get out, and that this monster held her down. The pain must have been horrendous! I can't imagine. What kind of evil beast could do this to a baby? Prison is way too good for her.

According to this article, her defense was that the scalding was an "accident committed by a harried and overworked woman." I'd like to "accidently" drop her in a vat of scalding water. Except that she'd die too fast.

Johnson gave the fellow inmate intimate details of the murder -- how Jasmine was screaming and clutching at her, trying to escape the scalding water.
http://www.freep.com/news/locoak/baby2e_20050702.htm

This one is from last week, but it has pics of the baby and the torturer.
http://www.freep.com/news/childrenfirst/babies27e_20050627.htm

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg
Back