MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
On a side note....I still can't believe that there was no cameras at that store. That just seems so weird to me. But does give me hope that is it a regular or something because how els would someone know that.

IMHO...there should be a 'Jessica Heeringa Law' enacted whereby all US station/convience stores be mandated to have functioning security cameras in their establishments that give good views of the interior and exterior of the premises during all hours the business is operating.

IMHO...there should be a 'Jessica Heeringa Law' enacted whereby all US station/convience stores be mandated to have functioning security cameras in their establishments that give good views of the interior and exterior of the premises during all hours the business is operating.

I concur. Now days you can even set up a video and have it being taped at a different location so the perp can't even take it with him well leaving the store.
I've heard people on other sites arguing that Jessica worked there at her own will, was an adult, and new there were no cameras. That is true, but come on!!! Who in the world has that little regard for their employees?

I think LE stated there were in excess of 35,000 back in the first thread somewhere.

I recall this figure, as well, and the model year of the vehicle is still inconclusive - anywhere from 2003-2006.

Isn't the FBI involved?

The FBI was consulted in the early days of the case but is not actively involved. Jessica has never been posted on the FBI's Missing Person's list, either. The FBI is limited in what their agency investigates, and Jessica's disappearance does not meet the criteria.

...The very heart of FBI operations lies in our investigations—which serve, as our mission states, “to protect and defend the United States against terrorist and foreign intelligence threats and to enforce the criminal laws of the United States.” We currently have jurisdiction over violations of more than 200 categories of federal law, and you can find the major ones below, grouped within our three national security priorities and our five criminal priorities. Also visit our Intelligence program site, which underpins and informs all our investigative programs...

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/investigate/what_we_investigate

Hunting season ( for deer ) starts in ( I believe ) october for bow season and November 15 starts firearm season. The woods are swarming with hunters and if she is deceased, barring a tip from someone, I am guessing that would be the most likely time for her to be found... =(

I had high hopes that tourists along Michigan's west coast would find something - especially over Memorial Day weekend and/or the 4th of July holiday. If there's no sign of Jessica before the end of the summer, there is still Labor Day weekend before school starts and tourist season winds down. Without organized searches, it is more likely than not that citizens are going to stumble upon something related to JH. :moo:

In this video, Chief Shaw talks about IMMUNITY.......
At 1 minute 3 seconds in the video,
Chief Shaw states......
"Someone asked about immunity from prosecution for a misdemeanor crime and
whether or not that is possible".

The reporter then states something to the effect of it got them wondering
if this person knows something about Jessica's whereabouts.

This TIP was sent directly to Chief Dan Shaw.
It's best to view the whole video of 1 minute 48 seconds, if you have a couple
minutes to spare......

Heeringa tip leads cops to Grand Haven - YouTube

:seeya:
In this video, Chief Shaw talks about IMMUNITY.......
At 1 minute 3 seconds in the video,
Chief Shaw states......
"Someone asked about immunity from prosecution for a misdemeanor crime and
whether or not that is possible".

The reporter then states something to the effect of it got them wondering
if this person knows something about Jessica's whereabouts.

This TIP was sent directly to Chief Dan Shaw.
It's best to view the whole video of 1 minute 48 seconds, if you have a couple
minutes to spare......This is the article I mentioned but couldnt find. It implies that more than one person may know about the abduction of Jessica

Heeringa tip leads cops to Grand Haven - YouTube

I really don't have anything of value to add, but wanted to say that I have been making it a point to drive past the Exxon on Mondays and Wednesdays, usually around 8:30am and 6pm. People are still using the Exxon station, but I rarely see more than 1 or 2 cars there at a time. I'm not sure what their business flow was like before Jessica disappeared. I suspect they did a lot of business around shift changes at the factories down the road. I have driven by on the weekends and there seems to be a little more traffic. I was really hoping people would stop spending their money there. I don't blame the owner for Jessica's disappearance, but the way he responded after the fact leaves me not wanting to support anything he owns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500