MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I read about the fisherman hooking canvas in the lake I immediately thought of Venus Stewart. Her husband bought canvas just before he dissapeared her. She could be in that lake as well. They both need to be looked for. More searches of that lake need to be done!

Have you looked at a map of Michigan lately? Our state is peppered with brooks, ponds, streams, inland lakes, rivers. Not to mention that Michigan is completely surrounded by the Great Lakes. LE and/or outside agencies can't simply conduct costly underwater searches without reliable tips. :moo:

Aren't you describing every small town and/or ritzy corporate setting in America? lol (kind of)!

I suppose so, but I don't live in a small town and have never ascribed to petty gossip. Never have and never will. Talk is cheap, and people tend to put their own spin on anything that they see or hear. I also remember what my dear mother told me, "If you can't say something nice about (people), don't say anything."

I was pleased to read that the NS police chief is disappointed with the current tenor of FJHFB. I'm convinced that most of what is being discussed on the site has little or nothing to do with the case. :moo:

I suppose so, but I don't live in a small town and have never ascribed to petty gossip. Never have and never will. Talk is cheap, and people tend to put their own spin on anything that they see or hear. I also remember what my dear mother told me, "If you can't say something nice about (people), don't say anything."

I was pleased to read that the NS police chief is disappointed with the current tenor of FJHFB. I'm convinced that most of what is being discussed on the site has little or nothing to do with the case. :moo:

I'm not as sure as you. Too many unanswered questions regarding witness "right place, right time" situation and too little concern for Jessica after the fact for my liking. Makes me uneasy about that crew. I think chances are about even that they know something about her disappearance.

As we enter the holiday season there is no new news from the hunters. The firearm hunters will start hunting soon, a completely new group. It is expected they will make some new discoveries in the woods and forests. God bless the Heeringa family and especially her son.

I was describing this case to my sister on Friday night when she told me her work (a bar) doesn't have CCTV inside, only aimed at some areas of the car park/street outside. :(

As we enter the holiday season there is no new news from the hunters. The firearm hunters will start hunting soon, a completely new group. It is expected they will make some new discoveries in the woods and forests. God bless the Heeringa family and especially her son.

Why do you assume that hunters will "discover" something that is related to Jessica Heeringa's disappearance? Unless hunters are aware of Jessica's case, they wouldn't know what to look for or what might constitute "evidence" in the case. Seasoned hunters aren't heading into the deep woods to solve a missing person case. They have one purpose: Bringing home a buck. :moo:

I'm not as sure as you. Too many unanswered questions regarding witness "right place, right time" situation and too little concern for Jessica after the fact for my liking. Makes me uneasy about that crew. I think chances are about even that they know something about her disappearance.

I respect your opinion, Flutterby, because I know that you live in the area and are familiar with the community. You might also be privy to information about the people about whom we read on FJHFB. But for those of us who can only base our opinions on what is discussed there, it just seems like a whole lot of nothing to me. There haven't been any new developments in the case for months, there's no significant information to discuss, so people have started pointing fingers and suggesting all kinds of scenarios that probably have little to do with Jessica's disappearance. :moo:

Even if I did not read the facebook page for Jessica, I would still come to the conclusion that something just isn't right about the whole let's watch what's happening in the back of the store and not see if there is a problem with your co-worker working by herself at night with the lights off in the back,with a vehicle in the back, and not calling the police/911, etc....or even just going there to see if Jessica was ok. If that would have occurred then the police could have been called immediately or the perp could have been apprehended perhaps.....
That's just my opinion.....

I respect your opinion, Flutterby, because I know that you live in the area and are familiar with the community. You might also be privy to information about the people about whom we read on FJHFB. But for those of us who can only base our opinions on what is discussed there, it just seems like a whole lot of nothing to me. There haven't been any new developments in the case for months, there's no significant information to discuss, so people have started pointing fingers and suggesting all kinds of scenarios that probably have little to do with Jessica's disappearance. :moo:

I respect your opinion too, BDE. I'm really not privy to anything except for a whole lot of gossip. And I don't know any of the people personally. I really am going on nothing except my gut. It's just that there are things related to the witnesses/employees that don't make sense to me. They seem to have something to hide, although it could have nothing to do with JH at all.

I think the one thing that stands out the most for me is that nobody has recognized the POI sketch, and that sketch was drawn from details given by witnesses/employee. This isn't a big city. That sketch has been extremely well distributed around here. If the sketch is accurate, it seems like someone would have recognized him. Also, the fact that the witnesses/employee just happened to be there and sat and watched the whole thing go down....the whole account just isn't ringing true to me. As Judge Judy says, if it doesn't make sense, it isn't true.

I could be completely wrong, and this is MOO.

Why do you assume that hunters will "discover" something that is related to Jessica Heeringa's disappearance? Unless hunters are aware of Jessica's case, they wouldn't know what to look for or what might constitute "evidence" in the case. Seasoned hunters aren't heading into the deep woods to solve a missing person case. They have one purpose: Bringing home a buck. :moo:

I assume she means JH's remains. I'm feeling that way too.
I've read things on FB that do not make sense. We're not allowed to post it here.

My opinion is that something such as a robbery went wrong; she was taken because she could ID the person. They only had time to either grab the cash & leave or grab JH.. They grabbed JH.

Below is the post from the vigil; they saw a rainbow as their sign she was still alive. When I saw the post; my 1st thought was she was deceased with her remains near the Exxon.

Find Jessica Heeringa - October 26
It was dark...cloudy.. Cold...rainy....
When the candlelight vigil started tonight, the clouds opened up, out came the sun! Shining right on us.

After the vigil.... We were freezing. Jessica's grandma was hugging me to keep me warm.

Then came the RAINBOW! A full beautiful rainbow. Ending at the Exxon gas station. We all looked with excitement! Tears flowing! I ran to Shelly (Jess's Mom) and hugged her! I said there's our sign!!!! We all know in our hearts that Jessica is Alive! She will be found! This was our sign!

After the rainbow left, the sky was such a beautiful color!

I assume she means JH's remains. I'm feeling that way too.
I've read things on FB that do not make sense. We're not allowed to post it here.

My opinion is that something such as a robbery went wrong; she was taken because she could ID the person. They only had time to either grab the cash & leave or grab JH.. They grabbed JH.

Below is the post from the vigil; they saw a rainbow as their sign she was still alive. When I saw the post; my 1st thought was she was deceased with her remains near the Exxon.

Find Jessica Heeringa - October 26

Right, but the word "expect", to me, makes it sound like Jessica's remains will be found this hunting season, and nobody knows that......so I think this post from BDE was probably reflecting what I feel as well......nobody can expect her remains to be found this hunting season. Maybe people Hope her remains will be found, but, for me, the word "expect" makes it seem likely that her remains will be found, and Nobody knows that.......how could they? The perp would know where her remains are located if Jessica is deceased, but how can a person determine that yes, her remains are expected to be found this hunting season.
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/expect

"ex·pect verb \ik-ˈspekt\
: to think that something will probably or certainly happen

: to think that (someone or something) will arrive or that (something) will happen

: to consider (something) to be reasonable, required, or necessary"

IMOO.

Next Wednesday, our irrigation contractors are scheduled to do our sprinkler winterization. They are avid hunters and spend the full firearm season "up north" and are usually successful at bagging a buck. The irrigation crew live about 15 miles north of me in Oakland County. I will ask them if they know about Jessica Heeringa because I am curious about how widespread knowledge of the case might be.

There hasn't been media coverage of the case in these parts for months. Unless folks know Jessica personally or are specifically interested in her disappearance and following FB, WS, or other websites where the case is discussed, it's unlikely that people outside of Norton Shores or neighboring communities are aware of the missing woman. :moo:

Right, but the word "expect", to me, makes it sound like Jessica's remains will be found this hunting season, and nobody knows that......so I think this post from BDE was probably reflecting what I feel as well......nobody can expect her remains to be found this hunting season. Maybe people Hope her remains will be found, but, for me, the word "expect" makes it seem likely that her remains will be found, and Nobody knows that.......how could they? The perp would know where her remains are located if Jessica is deceased, but how can a person determine that yes, her remains are expected to be found this hunting season.
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/expect

"ex·pect verb \ik-ˈspekt\
: to think that something will probably or certainly happen

: to think that (someone or something) will arrive or that (something) will happen

: to consider (something) to be reasonable, required, or necessary"

IMOO.

IIRC, hunters have already discovered a few remains; whether JH's will be discovered or not; no one knows. I pray that if she is deceased; she will be found.

We lost a hunter in NJ. Barnett "Barry" Zeldin, 74, Chatsworth NJ 10/7/13. Told his wife he was going to bait his tree stand. He signed in at the gun club (thankfully they do that); hasn't been seen since. They found his SUV; dog; cell & wallet. Windows were open in SUV; dog was able to drink rain. It's not known if the dog was with him then went back to the SUV or if he left her in the SUV when he went to his tree stand. He's had strokes in the past.

Search Continues For Missing NJ Hunter; Wife Speaks Out

Barnett Zeldin NamUs profile

IIRC, hunters have already discovered a few remains; whether JH's will be discovered or not; no one knows. I pray that if she is deceased; she will be found.

We lost a hunter in NJ. Barnett "Barry" Zeldin, 74, Chatsworth NJ 10/7/13. Told his wife he was going to bait his tree stand. He signed in at the gun club (thankfully they do that); hasn't been seen since. They found his SUV; dog; cell & wallet. Windows were open in SUV; dog was able to drink rain. It's not known if the dog was with him then went back to the SUV or if he left her in the SUV when he went to his tree stand. He's had strokes in the past.

Search Continues For Missing NJ Hunter; Wife Speaks Out

Barnett Zeldin NamUs profile

I am not discounting that hunters can find remains of people........
The word Expect is what I am referring to in the case of Missing Jessica Heeringa......It can not be Expected that Jessica will be found by hunters this hunting season. When the other poster commented using the word Expect and then you commented to another poster about that you think the first poster meant Jessica's remains, I was commenting on how can a person know that it will be Expected that Jessica's remains will be found by hunters.
In Colorado, hunters found remains of a UID so I am not discounting hunters at all.........
IMOO.

I am not discounting that hunters can find remains of people........
The word Expect is what I am referring to in the case of Missing Jessica Heeringa......It can not be Expected that Jessica will be found by hunters this hunting season. When the other poster commented using the word Expect and then you commented to another poster about that you think the first poster meant Jessica's remains, I was commenting on how can a person know that it will be Expected that Jessica's remains will be found by hunters.
In Colorado, hunters found remains of a UID so I am not discounting hunters at all.........
IMOO.

The way I interpreted it was more of if they find her remains, God bless her family & son.

Regardless of how one "interprets" a comment about hunters finding Jessica's remains, the only person/s who knows where the young woman's remains might be, if there are remains to be found, is/are the individual/s responsible for her disappearance and/or death. Fishermen don't go fishing to find missing people nor do hunters go hunting to locate missing persons. If these outdoorsmen happen to discover something that might be of evidentiary value in a criminal case, I hope that they would not touch whatever they find and promptly notify local LE.

That said, most Michigan state parks and campgrounds are in use year-round, so it's not like deer hunters are going to be the first to comb the woods when hunting season commences. They won't be the last, either, because snowmobiling and skiing (some downhill and a lot of cross-country) are very popular during the winter months. In six months time there's been no sign of Jessica, so there's little guarantee that something will turn up during deer-hunting season. :moo:

Thinking of Jessica, tonight. I haven't forgotten about her, but man oh man, some break in they case would be most welcome!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

At the time of my post the temperature in Norton Shores is 35 degrees(just above freezing}. It will warm up later in the day with light rainj. No searches for Jessica are planned. They are still shearching for Kelly Dwyer tomorrow it will be the forth day, billboards have gne up around the city, and searches on the east side have been made by the public. The extent of searches for the missing seems to depend on organizations present in the area and the resources of the family.

I can't even imagine where searches should take place in this case. It is mid-boggling, if she was in fact taken away in a vehicle, as seems to be the case (van or otherwise), how to even begin? It seems such a daunting task.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MeanBean