Deceased/Not Found MI - Jozlynn Martinez, 2, Grand Rapids, 24 Feb 2010

Ingham County should be conducting search and rescue operations, as well, since he was found in Lansing and, apparently, had no reason to be there...IMO.

ETA: O/T - Pretty doggy, mtrooper.

I'm not generally one to place blame on the mothers because I believe they are distraught over losing their children. However, it seems as though there have been so many instances lately that these mothers have knowingly put their children in harms way. Being a mother myself, there is nothing more important than your child....NOTHING! This could have been prevented as many other missing children/murdered children could have been. Ridiculous to let these men prey upon our children! This has to stop!

I'm so sad for this little one :(

It sounds like JM might have left after the argument and maybe mom lashed out at little Jozlynn? :(

Salem

Kidnapping suspect denies involvement in disappearance of 2-year-old Grand Rapids girl
February 25, 2010, 12:10PM

GRAND RAPIDS -- A suspect in the disappearance of 2-year-old Jozlynn Martinez denies any involvement with the alleged kidnapping, police said today.

Jeffrey Malmberg, 40, has cooperated with investigators since his arrest Wednesday night in Lansing, Grand Rapids police Lt. Paul Warwick said. Malmberg is expected to be arraigned today at 1:30 p.m. in Grand Rapids District Court on accusations of kidnapping and larceny.

Police said they have followed a number of leads and conducted multiple interviews trying to locate Jozlynn, but have yet to identify the whereabouts of the girl.

Authorities have searched the home that Malmberg and the child's mother, Consuela Martinez, share at 915 Nagold St. NW. They did not say what, if anything, was located in the residence.

Warwick said police and FBI agents are searching for the girl. They've conducted a neighborhood canvass to try and determine when people last saw Jozlynn.

http://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2010/02/kidnapping_suspect_denies_invo.html

Amber Alert Continues for 2 Year Old Jozlynn Mari Martinez
Posted on February 25th, 2010

Malmberg was arrested by Lansing police on Wednesday evening but Jozlynn wasn’t with him. Malmberg is reported to be cooperating with the investigators but he denies being involved with the disappearance of the little girl. Police are investigating now of where Malmberg has said he has been since Monday.

Grand Rapids Police Sgt. Mark Mathis was at the apartment when they were informed that Malmberg was arrested and being transported back to Grand Rapids. “We’re still checking some other things to see if perhaps he dropped the child off or if the child is somewhere else,” said Mathis.

Martinez said she had felt some relief when police informed her that Malmberg was in their custody but that changed completely when they told her that her daughter wasn’t with him when he was found. “He would normally never trust anyone with Jozlynn,” said Martinez.

“I don’t know where she is, who she is with,” Martinez said. “… I’m scared.” She is hoping that with Malmberg’s arrest, it will lead detectives to her daughter. “Anybody could have gotten to her and hurt her. I hope she knows that I love her,” said Martinez.

http://www.***********.net/123918

Anyone with information is asked to call the Grand Rapids Police Department at 616-456-3604 or dial 911

They say he has "cooperated" with the investigation?? what does that mean I wonder?

The fact they are bringing in dogs is not good..that does not sound like he simply left her at a friend's apartment or something

I have a sick feeling about this

o my gosh!~

I hope she is found safe, I dont think she will be, and the mother seems so different in all the tapes I see. 1st one she is crying like crazy looking at the photos, but its seems fake to me (MOO) and then the next one she seems to have no emotion at all when she said that it didn't look good for her daughter.
I personally.. if my child was missing wouldn't doubt for a minute that I would be in such shock I would be close to unable to talk. She is talking A LOT! seems weird.. moo of course.

I am wondering if the mother wasnt involved from the beginning. Who says that Jeff ever even had her? They could have gotten into a fight the night before and he left her, who knows. She could have easily made the whole thing up, including the $$ being stolen. It does not appear that she has a record, but I am having a hard time telling.

this is my thought exactly. sounds like she was scapegoating him

I'm not generally one to place blame on the mothers because I believe they are distraught over losing their children. However, it seems as though there have been so many instances lately that these mothers have knowingly put their children in harms way. Being a mother myself, there is nothing more important than your child....NOTHING! This could have been prevented as many other missing children/murdered children could have been. Ridiculous to let these men prey upon our children! This has to stop!

while i agree a 100 percent, i've got the sinking feeling mom is a lot more involved thenn just putting her in harms way.

Grand Rapids kidnapping suspect arrested twice for restraining order violations against missing girl's mother
February 25, 2010, 1:12PM

GRAND RAPIDS -- Last year, kidnapping suspect Jeffrey Malmberg was arrested twice for violating the personal protection order taken out against him by Consuela Martinez, mother of missing 2-year-old Jozlynn Martinez.

In May, he was arrested for approaching the 21-year-old mother as she ate at Degage Ministries, then made threats against the then-pregnant woman while riding in a patrol car, according to police.

"You know I never laid a hand on that b----, but that is going to change now," Malmberg said as he rode to the Kent County Jail, in a car driven by Grand Rapids Officer Nathan Fynewevers, according to court records. Malmberg is the father of Martinez's 7-month old son, but not of the missing girl, the family said.

Martinez asked for the PPO last February, saying Malmberg, homeless at the time, had been following her and sneaking into her home, Kent County Circuit Court records show.

She said "he raised his hand to me," and "bent my arm behind my back trying to break it."

"He has threatened my life if I were to keep (him) from his child," Martinez wrote.

In May, Malmberg asked to have the PPO lifted, writing, "Consuela comes to me and used to let me stay at her place, and she put me in jail for no reason and lied on the police report."

He was arrested again in July -- for violating the PPO and having alcohol in a park -- and spent a week in jail. A Grand Rapids officer on bike patrol said he saw Malmberg at a Heartside Park picnic table with Martinez, and saw Malmberg stow a 40-ounce Magnum Malt Liquor in a baby carriage.

In August, Martinez's request to have the PPO lifted was granted.

http://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2010/02/grand_rapids_kidnapping_suspec.html

i have zero sympathy for mommie dearest. you knew how dangerous he is to you, but you kept letting him off the hook.
and im still not convinced she isnt involed and/or setting him up

I really have the feeling that mom knows exactly where her daughter is. Not saying that the guy is innocent but I think when this comes out it will show that something happened long before LE was called and she was in cover up mode. Maybe he really doesn't know where she is? I hope this isn't another monster like Shaniya's mother.

The best outcome I can think of right now is that the father of Jozlynn has her. Maybe got fed up with DFS and took her out of there......not likely, but better than many other alternatives...

Police say mother of missing Grand Rapids 2-year-old is 'witness' not suspect

Police today refuted Consuela Martinez's statements that she's a target in the investigation surrounding the disappearance of her 2-year-old daughter Jozlynn. "We consider her a witness at this time," Grand Rapids police Capt. Jeff Hertel said. "She came down here (the police station) voluntarily and left on her own.

"She cooperated for many hours and answered our questions. I think she's had, everybody's had, a long morning and is tired."

Martinez said this morning that she was questioned by investigators for nearly 12 hours.

"They're basically accusing me of doing it," Martinez said. "They said it had to be somebody close to her, but I didn't have nothing to do with it.

"I want my little girl back. I feel like they think I did it."

Martinez, 21, has not been charged with any offense.

[snip]

Consuela Martinez said police have taken her 7-month-old son, Brian, into child protective services custody. She is currently in a court hearing to determine if the child will stay in state custody.

The boy is Malmberg's child, but Jozlynn's father is John Mark Rittenhouse, 26. Efforts to reach Rittenhouse have been unsuccessful.

More: http://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2010/02/police_say_mother_of_missing_g.html

Police say mother of missing Grand Rapids 2-year-old is 'witness' not suspect

Police today refuted Consuela Martinez's statements that she's a target in the investigation surrounding the disappearance of her 2-year-old daughter Jozlynn. "We consider her a witness at this time," Grand Rapids police Capt. Jeff Hertel said. "She came down here (the police station) voluntarily and left on her own.

"She cooperated for many hours and answered our questions. I think she's had, everybody's had, a long morning and is tired."

Martinez said this morning that she was questioned by investigators for nearly 12 hours.

"They're basically accusing me of doing it," Martinez said. "They said it had to be somebody close to her, but I didn't have nothing to do with it.

"I want my little girl back. I feel like they think I did it."

Martinez, 21, has not been charged with any offense.

[snip]

Consuela Martinez said police have taken her 7-month-old son, Brian, into child protective services custody. She is currently in a court hearing to determine if the child will stay in state custody.

The boy is Malmberg's child, but Jozlynn's father is John Mark Rittenhouse, 26. Efforts to reach Rittenhouse have been unsuccessful.

More: http://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2010/02/police_say_mother_of_missing_g.html

the cops are full of it

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aimilino01
Back