Deceased/Not Found MI - Jozlynn Martinez, 2, Grand Rapids, 24 Feb 2010

Consueala was definitely negligent, IMO. What did she expect would happen if she already had concerns that he was abusing the girl?

Hate me if you must, but I really hope that don't give her custody of the little boy back. She is obviously not competent enough to keep herself out of harms way let alone her babys. I can't help thinking about if the little boy was in the room at the time all this happend. I pray he was upstairs soundly asleep as little Jazlynn struggled. Just typing this makes me SO sick. I think I am done with this thread, too emotional, too close to home. RIP Jozlynn, I hope he rots in jail, and I hope your brother gets a better shot at life than you did. Poor thing.

Father vows to keep searching for Jozlynn Martinez

The biological father of two-year-old Jozlynn Martinez says the family will not rest until her body is found.

"So we can put her in a proper resting place," says John Rittenhouse.

[snip]

When asked if analysis of furnace ash could determine if the body went into the trash incinerator, Waste-to-Energy Division Director William R. Allen says the incineration is "a very complete process."

The family of the little girl has now set up a fund at Huntington Bank to help cover eventual funeral expenses.

"Until it is found, we are going to keep searching for the body," says Rittenhouse. "We don't want her memory to die. We really don't."

More: http://www.wzzm13.com/news/news_story.aspx?storyid=119175&catid=14

Jeffrey Malmberg arraigned today on second-degree murder for death of Jozlynn Martinez

As he was arraigned today on second-degree murder for the death of 2-year-old Jozlynn Martinez, Jeffrey Malmberg said little.

The 40-year-old Grand Rapids man is held on a $1 million bond.

Malmberg was arraigned by video today on the murder charge, larceny over $1,000 and tampering with evidence.

http://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2010/03/malmberg_arraigned_today_on_se.html

Mother of Jozlynn Martinez still baffled by Jeffrey Malmberg's motive after he is charged with 2-year-old's murder

Surrounded by family and friends, Consuela Martinez tries not to dwell on the former boyfriend accused of killing her 2-year-old daughter.

She doesn't know why he allegedly would put his knee on the little girl, leaving her unable to breath until she died, then put her body in a nearby commercial Dumpster.

"We have no clue. He won't answer our questions," Martinez said Friday on the back porch of her mother's apartment.

[snip]

At her mother's apartment Friday, Martinez said she knows some people have criticized her parenting skills and questioned her relationship choices. She said the comments hurt.

"I loved Jozlynn so much," she said. "I gave her everything."

She was not home when Jozlynn died and was out collecting her income tax money, she said Friday. Although Martinez earlier reported seeing her daughter in bed sometime after 11 p.m. on Feb. 22, she said she might have been mistaken.

"I could have sworn I heard her rustling," she said.

Buoyed by friends and family Friday, Martinez talked about moments she'll miss in her daughter's life.

"I was going to get her a potty trainer," she said, holding her young sister, Tabitha. "She was going to be 3 this year and I won't get to see her on her birthday."

More: http://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2010/03/mother_of_jozlynn_martinez_sti.html

Malmberg: 'I'm not a monster'
Jozlynn's death an accident, he said
Updated: Saturday, 06 Mar 2010, 9:24 AM EST
Published : Saturday, 06 Mar 2010, 9:24 AM EST

GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (WOOD) - The man accused of kneeling on 2-year-old Jozlynn Martinez's chest until she died says he is not a "monster" and that the death was an accident.

"I loved her," Jeffrey Malmberg told 24 Hour News 8 in a jailhouse interview on Saturday. "She was my princess." He said he considered himself her father.

Malmberg, 40, was charged Thursday with second-degree murder, tampering with evidence for tossing Jozlynn's body in a Dumpster and larceny for stealing $2,800 from the girl's mother.

Unshaven and in a jail-green uniform, he spoke to 24 Hour News 8 through thick glass in a visiting room at the Kent County Jail, where he's held on a $1 million bond.

His first question: "Did they find her body?"

Malmberg said he'd heard rumors -- unfounded -- that police had recovered Jozlynn's body.

http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/local/grand_rapids/Malmberg-Im-not-a-monster

How do you "accidentally" kneel on a child until she dies? Was he sexually assaulting her? I still wouldn't consider that an accident, though, but maybe he would.

"Did they find her body"??????????????????? No, but I think YOU could help them out quite a bit, Mr. Malmberg...

what a worthless .....sounds like he's enjoying torturing everybody. :mad:

"It was an accident," he told 24 Hour News 8. Jozlynn's mother, Consuela Martinez, 21, originally told police she checked on her daughter about 11 p.m. that night, though she since has said she may have been confused.

It was an accident? I am sorry but I have raised 5 children and not once did I, or any one else, accidently kneel on their chest until they stopped breathing. Throw away the key. And why is it only 2nd degree murder?

http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/local/grand_rapids/Jozlynns-parents-accept-childs-death

Rittenhouse: 'We're devastated'
Updated: Thursday, 04 Mar 2010, 11:27 PM EST
Published : Thursday, 04 Mar 2010, 6:12 PM EST

By Jessica Leffler

Malmberg admitted to police he put his knee on the little girl's chest and held her down until she stopped breathing, a Grand Rapids police detective said in court. Next, he told police, he placed Jozlynn in a garbage bag, then disposed of her body in a commercial Dumpster.

Search for Jozlynn Martinez moves to South Kent Landfill

GRAND RAPIDS (WZZM) - The search for a missing Grand Rapids girl is focused on a southern Kent County landfill.

Grand Rapids Police and FBI agents began searching the South Kent Landfill on 100th Street in Byron Center Monday morning for two-year-old Jozlynn Martinez.
We will have further information from the site on later editions of WZZM 13 News and online.

WZZM 13's Sarah Sell is at the landfill. Police tell her that this search is the last chance, they believe, to find Jozlynn's body. They have brought in an anthropologist to help in the search.
Police said this afternoon that some of the garbage trucks that they had previously thought unloaded at the waste to energy plant in Grand Rapids had actually dropped off at the landfill in Byron Township. A team is currently searching a specific area in the landfill.
Police will take the media into the landfill as they look for the little girl.
http://www.wzzm13.com/news/news_story.aspx?storyid=119240

WZZM 13's Sarah Sell is at the landfill. Police tell her that this search is the last chance, they believe, to find Jozlynn's body. They have brought in an anthropologist to help in the search.
Police said this afternoon that some of the garbage trucks that they had previously thought unloaded at the waste to energy plant in Grand Rapids had actually dropped off at the landfill in Byron Township. A team is currently searching a specific area in the landfill.
Police will take the media into the landfill as they look for the little girl.
http://www.wzzm13.com/news/news_story.aspx?storyid=119240

Just looking at the pics of the landfill search have me crying again....it's just so wrong to have to look for the little ones at a garbage dump. :(

Malmberg: 'I'm not a monster'
Jozlynn's death an accident, he said
Updated: Saturday, 06 Mar 2010, 9:24 AM EST
Published : Saturday, 06 Mar 2010, 9:24 AM EST

GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (WOOD) - The man accused of kneeling on 2-year-old Jozlynn Martinez's chest until she died says he is not a "monster" and that the death was an accident.

"I loved her," Jeffrey Malmberg told 24 Hour News 8 in a jailhouse interview on Saturday. "She was my princess." He said he considered himself her father.

Malmberg, 40, was charged Thursday with second-degree murder, tampering with evidence for tossing Jozlynn's body in a Dumpster and larceny for stealing $2,800 from the girl's mother.

Unshaven and in a jail-green uniform, he spoke to 24 Hour News 8 through thick glass in a visiting room at the Kent County Jail, where he's held on a $1 million bond.

His first question: "Did they find her body?"

Malmberg said he'd heard rumors -- unfounded -- that police had recovered Jozlynn's body.

BBM. :furious::furious::furious:
Even if he "accidentally" killed her, how could he throw her away in a dumpster and then have the nerve to say he loved her???

I am always very careful with my son. But if (God forbid) I ever accidentally hurt him, I would be in so much anguish, I'd probably ask them to take me to jail. I just don't get it.

I thought that they had isolated the garbage from where he said he dumped her? How would they have been able to isolate that trash, if that truck dumped somewhere else? I hope that was just a misunderstanding.

It has been so long since Jozlynn disappeared...with other trucks dumping at this site. I'm hoping that they can find her. But I'm not very optimistic. :(

I thought that they had isolated the garbage from where he said he dumped her? How would they have been able to isolate that trash, if that truck dumped somewhere else? I hope that was just a misunderstanding.

It has been so long since Jozlynn disappeared...with other trucks dumping at this site. I'm hoping that they can find her. But I'm not very optimistic. :(
{BBM}
On the news tonight, one of the searchers said they had isolated the trash from the area by way of discarded mail with addresses from the neighborhood and discarded newspapers from around the time Jozlynn went missing. He says they're in the right area. I'm hoping they find her, too.

ETA:
GRPD, FBI search landfill for Jozlynn
The 2-year-old allegedly was murdered in February
Updated: Monday, 08 Mar 2010, 6:16 PM EST
Published : Monday, 08 Mar 2010, 1:16 PM EST

Several of the people out searching for Jozlynn's body are high-ranking officers who don't have to be on scene, Mason told 24 Hour News 8. They are there because they chose to be part of the effort.

"We're gonna try everything we can to find this little girl and that's why we're out here," GRPD Capt. Jeff Hertel said. "It's not frustrating. We're out here to do the job and try to find her."

With the help of the management at the South Kent landfill, investigators were able to narrow down a search area that's about 50 yards long and 15 feet deep. They think they're in the right area.

"We are hitting stuff, you know, from the west side mailing addresses and the newspapers in that period of time," Hertel said. "We're in it.

http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/local/grand_rapids/GRPD-and-FBI-search-landfill-for-Jozlynn

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DryHeat77
Back