MI MI - Kimberly King, 12, Warren, 16 Sept 1979

I would like to know the likelihood of success, if they bring cadaver-dogs out to all of the sites-of-interest mentioned earlier in the thread. If there were remains at any of the sites, might the dogs be able to tell, or have too many years passed?

IMO they should do absolutely everything they can to try to bring answers to these families, even if they have to fundraise from the community to pay for it.
My understanding is that results with cadaver dogs are highly variable. Sometimes they miss graves that are relatively fresh, and sometimes that can find bodies that have been buried for decades. Overall, they don't have a great track record.
"In 2003 A.E. Lasseter and his colleagues at the University of Alabama used four teams to identify 10 fresh and skeletonized remains buried from 1 to 2 feet below ground. They found overall poor results. Only two of the alerts correctly signaled the location of remains. In contrast there were six false alerts and 22 no alerts, revealing significant problems in detection."
http://www.chicora.org/pdfs/Cadaver Dogs in Cemeteries.pdf

I thought that the dig in Macomb might find Kimberly, but Ream really could have buried her anywhere.

I don't think she'll be found unless Ream leads LE to her remains, and I don't know what incentive he would have for doing that. He's never getting out.

I thought that the dig in Macomb might find Kimberly, but Ream really could have buried her anywhere.

I don't think she'll be found unless Ream leads LE to her remains, and I don't know what incentive he would have for doing that. He's never getting out.
You think Ream is responsible? Seems like they lumped all missing girls in Southeast Michigan to the dig. Not sure what I think of what Ream is responsible for.

You think Ream is responsible? Seems like they lumped all missing girls in Southeast Michigan to the dig. Not sure what I think of what Ream is responsible for.
Ream at least lived in the same area as Kim King. (Eastpointe-ish)

Some of them, like Nadine O'Dell and Cynthia Coon really felt like a reach.

I think that Ream probably killed Kimberly King. The only other suspect I'd consider would be David Norberg. I'm at 90% Ream, 9% Norberg, 1% somebody else.

I don't see any connection between Ream and Cynthia Coon or Kim Larrow; they both disappeared pretty far from his stomping grounds, and Cynthia Coon disappeared too early to be a Ream victim.

Ream at least lived in the same area as Kim King. (Eastpointe-ish)

Some of them, like Nadine O'Dell and Cynthia Coon really felt like a reach.
I had forgotten about Nadine O'Dell; I see her a likely Coral Watts victim (if she was abducted by a serial offender).

I don't have a good suspect for Cynthia Coon, but Robert Bowman wouldn't be too much of a reach. It seems like Cynthia Coon was abducted by someone who kept her alive long enough for her to make some phone calls, and we know that Robert Bowman kept his one known victim, Eileen Adams, alive for several days.

Back then, LE wasn't very good at connecting related crimes, especially if they occurred in different counties, so it's anyone's guess how many unidentified serial killers were operating at any one time back in that era.

I had forgotten about Nadine O'Dell; I see her a likely Coral Watts victim (if she was abducted by a serial offender).

I don't have a good suspect for Cynthia Coon, but Robert Bowman wouldn't be too much of a reach. It seems like Cynthia Coon was abducted by someone who kept her alive long enough for her to make some phone calls, and we know that Robert Bowman kept his one known victim, Eileen Adams, alive for several days.

Back then, LE wasn't very good at connecting related crimes, especially if they occurred in different counties, so it's anyone's guess how many unidentified serial killers were operating at any one time back in that era.

Robert Bowman abducted, imprisoned, tortured, and murdered Eileen Adams of Toledo, Ohio back in December 1967. He drove her body north on US 23 and dumped her body, rolled up in a rug in Monroe County, Michigan. At one point a few years later, the then unsolved murder was compared to other Michigan murders of young women and girls taking place in the Ypsilanti area. Bowman was free to kill and moved around the country, settling for times in California and Florida, where he was eventually captured. He is currently resides in an Ohio penitentiary serving a life sentence.

He was active and free during the 1970's.

LINK:

MI - MI - Cynthia Coon, 13, Ann Arbor, 19 Jan 1970

Kimberly King

Kimberly King, age 12, has been missing from Warren Michigan since 16 September 1979.

LINK:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shimona
Back