GUILTY MI - Makanzee Oldham, 2, shot in head, Detroit, 25 May 2016 *Arrests*

Key hearing Thursday for 3 men charged in Detroit girl's shooting death

Makenzee Oldham died in May; 3 men facing charges

By Halston Herrera - Digital news editor

Posted: 7:44 AM, June 16, 2016

DETROIT - Three men who are charged in the death of a 2-year-old Detroit girl who was shot during a dispute over a spilled drink face a key hearing on Thursday.

Makanzee Oldham died in May after she was hit by gunfire on Fairmount.

"She was a blessing, always happy. She didn't deserve it. This was senseless," Makenzee's father, Marcell Oldham, said...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/key-hearing-for-3-men-charged-in-detroit-girls-shooting-death

The video (which can be found at the link posted above by BetteDavisEyes) is a must-watch IMO. The community outrage is clear. They feel strongly that this is not a police issue. EIGHT children have been shot in the past TWO MONTHS!
#ManUpGunsDown was the chant voiced as people walked along Seven Mile.

They want the neighborhood to be safe for their kids!

5595930b4f85bcb90c86e297e683cc44.jpg

This precious little girl represents such a profound and senseless loss. Charges may be upgraded now that she has earned her tiny little :angel: wings, and rightfully so. Her light was extinguished, over a spilled drink on a prom dress!
:eek:verreaction:

Babygirl, we are here to let the world know that your life meant SO much more than that....

#JusticeForMakanzee!

:floating:
:rose:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Men to be sentenced for 2-year-old Detroit girl Makanzee Oldham's deadly shooting
Cleveland and Antoine Smelley both pleaded guilty

By Dave Bartkowiak Jr.

Posted: 7:34 AM, March 30, 2017
Updated: 10:29 AM, March 30, 2017

DETROIT - Two men who pleaded guilty to charges in the shooting death of a 2-year-old Detroit girl last year are scheduled to be sentenced Thursday.*

Makanzee*Oldham died in a hospital days after she was shot May 25, 2016 while she sat in a vehicle in the 14000 block of Fairmont Street. A fight broke out, police said, and Makanzee was struck by gunfire...*

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...detroit-girl-makanzee-oldhams-deadly-shooting

Sentencing has concluded. WDIV live stream had audio issues, so I didn't post.

...The sentencing
Antoine*Smelley*was the first to be sentenced Thursday morning by Judge Ulysses*Boykin*at the Frank Murphy Hall of Justice in Detroit. The victim’s mother, Marquia Crosby, addressed the court.

“Ten years from now, he gets to see his daughter,” the mother said. “He should get more time. He doesn’t deserve to have freedom.”

The judge asked Antoine*Smelley*if he had anything to say to the court.

“I ain’t got nothing to say,” he said.

Antoine*Smelley, 33, was sentenced to at least 10 years in prison.*

Cleveland*Smelley, 31, was sentenced next. Crosby spoke again.*

"I don't believe that God would give the devil a gun to take my daughter's life," said Crosby. "On behalf of her daddy, he's hurting ... I can never get over this. My life is not the same ... I hope every day (Smelley) wakes up he sees the image of him shooting my daughter. I hope he feels pain, I do ... there are no words I can use to describe how I feel."

Cleveland Smelly offered an apology and said he never intended to shoot a little girl.*

"I never knew a girl was in the car. I am standing here today, accepting my responsibility ... I apologize," he said.*

He was sentenced to at least 35 years in prison.

"This was totally senseless," said Judge Boykin. "It happens time and time again. All you can do at this point is remove from society the people who are committing these offenses." ...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...detroit-girl-makanzee-oldhams-deadly-shooting

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike
Back