MI - Nevaeh Buchanan, 5, Monroe, 24 May 2009 - Body found encased in concrete - #7

Nevaeh Buchanan's killer still unknown nearly a decade later

An Amber Alert was issued for the 5-year-old on May 24, 2009 -- but her body was found just days later on June 4, buried near the River Raisin. She was encased in concrete.

Early on, the Monroe County Sheriff’s Department had named two persons of interest – James Easter and George Kennedy. Both convicted sex offenders who had previous relationships with Jennifer Buchanan, Nevaeh's mother.

But the two men were never charged.

Where some of Michigan's biggest unsolved cases stand in 2019

Now, 11 years. Seems the only thing to do is observe every year mark?
Nevaeh Buchanan murder unsolved 11 years later

I have kept her Case Archive updated as there is news.
Nevaeh Buchanan -MI- by amanda reckonwith

Unfortunately it is not in order (I am picky about organizing, but the site no longer allows individual file organizing).

Cell phone users, try this and scroll through:
5/27/09 crowd at Charlotte Arms Apts.

Thank you for all your hard work in keeping up with all these sad cases.
This was the case where I learned that Nevaeh was Heaven spelled backwards.

So sad, I would like to know who did this awful crime. I assume it was some sicko who hasn't reoffended as I can't imagine LE doesn't have any DNA. Reminds me of the April Tinsley case which was solved almost 30 years after her death through forensic familial DNA. I'm not giving up hope Nevaeh's killer will be apprehended!

Nevaeh Buchanan's killer still unknown nearly a decade later

An Amber Alert was issued for the 5-year-old on May 24, 2009 -- but her body was found just days later on June 4, buried near the River Raisin. She was encased in concrete.

Early on, the Monroe County Sheriff’s Department had named two persons of interest – James Easter and George Kennedy. Both convicted sex offenders who had previous relationships with Jennifer Buchanan, Nevaeh's mother.

But the two men were never charged.

Where some of Michigan's biggest unsolved cases stand in 2019
Do we know whether there was any evidence against either James Easter or George Kennedy?

“I looked up and saw two of the ducks flying, and I said ‘Don’t even start with me right now.’”

Sherry Buchanan is talking to her granddaughter Nevaeh. She does that from time to time when she comes around. She knows she’s there when she sees Canadian Geese and ducks. Those were Nevaeh’s favorite.

Sherry sees the signs of Nevaeh when they’re there and she can’t help but think about what Nevaeh would be doing right now if she were here.

“She would have been 18 this year,” Sherry says with a little smile. “So, it would either have been either graduation or going on to further education. Who knows? And that’s what I miss is that I didn’t get to see all that.”...

I just came here to say that, about her 18th birthday. This little girl is who started my journey. The very first missing person that I ever tried to "find". Neveah Buchanan, at age 5, literally changed the course of my life.
Amazing.
I hope that someday, her family gets justice.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back