MI - Nevaeh Buchanan, 5, Monroe, 24 May 2009 - Body found encased in concrete - #7

I can't believe we will be approaching 7 years with no answers.

Bumping for Nevaeh

Rally planned in memory of girl found buried in 2009

Associated Press 9:10 a.m. EDT May 12, 2016

Monroe — A rally and march are planned in memory of a 5-year-old girl who disappeared in 2009 and was found buried near a river.

The Monroe News reports the rally for Nevaeh Buchanan is Saturday afternoon at St. Mary’s Park in Monroe followed by a procession to the Monroe County Law Enforcement Center...

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/local/michigan/2016/05/12/nevaeh-memorial-rally/84273300/

Autopsy results showed Neveah Buchanan suffocated after inhaling dirt, according to the Associated Press, leaving investigators to believe she was still breathing when she was put into the crude grave along the banks of the River Raisin or her face was forcibly held in the dirt.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=8089505

On May 24th, 2009, five year old Nevaeh Buchanan was playing outside her apartment complex in Monroe, Michigan, when she was abducted. Massive searches were put together - all coming up empty handed. Finally, 11 days after her abduction - her tiny body was found in a shallow grave - covered by cement.

I am Shane Waters, the host and producer of American CrimeCast - a True Crime Documentary Podcast that works with the family of victims to tell their story. With our efforts, we strive to make each listener realize this a real person - who is loved and cared for - and they deserve justice.

During our Podcast you will hear an exclusive interview with a cousin of Nevaeh's - who has took the lead in fighting for justice in her horrific murder. We discuss the events that lead up to the abduction, details about the Autopsy and Toxicology Reports, as well as a live walk-thru of the very place her tiny body was buried alive in.

To listen is completely free, so please do. There are a few easy ways to listen:

http://www.americancrimecast.com/case-log/nevaeh

A Monroe family is still demanding justice in the unsolved murder of a little girl.

It's been seven years since Nevaeh Buchanan was kidnapped and murdered and authorities have yet to charge anyone in this case.

...... <modsnip>

Nevaeh disappeared while playing outside an apartment complex in May of 2009. Eleven days later, fishermen found her body encased in cement in a shallow grave along the River Raisin.

An autopsy showed Nevaeh suffocated to death.

"They need to let us know are they calling it a cold case? Is it a cold case? Is there any more leads? Have they gotten any more leads? Where are we at with this case?" questioned Risa Smith, the Vice President of Justice for Nevaeh.

<modsnip>

http://www.13abc.com/home/headlines/Justice-for-Nevaeh-group-pushing-for-answers-379548021.html

Seven years too many. Nevaeh, never forgotten.

https://i.imgur.com/rxbd7sP.jpg

W6whRBG.jpg

Resentment builds for frustrated Monroe County families as high-profile cases go unsolved

Jim Kiertzner
5:16 PM, Aug 9, 2016
11:36 PM, Aug 12, 2016

That&#8217;s the thinking in Monroe where the high profile murder case of Chelsea Bruck took a major step to being solved with an arrest and confession by Daniel Clay.

Two older cases remain unsolved: the murder of 5-year-old Nevaeh Buchanan and the car bombing of Attorney Erik Chappell.

Nevaeh disappeared on Memorial Day weekend in 2009. Her body was found almost 2 weeks later encased in cement along the banks of the River Rasin. The autopsy showed she inhaled dust and dirt indicating she was buried alive.

(continued at the link.)

Resentment builds for frustrated Monroe County families as high-profile cases go unsolved

Jim Kiertzner
5:16 PM, Aug 9, 2016
11:36 PM, Aug 12, 2016

That’s the thinking in Monroe where the high profile murder case of Chelsea Bruck took a major step to being solved with an arrest and confession by Daniel Clay.

Two older cases remain unsolved: the murder of 5-year-old Nevaeh Buchanan and the car bombing of Attorney Erik Chappell.

Nevaeh disappeared on Memorial Day weekend in 2009. Her body was found almost 2 weeks later encased in cement along the banks of the River Rasin. The autopsy showed she inhaled dust and dirt indicating she was buried alive.

(continued at the link.)
Thanks so much Bessie
My daughter and I visit the site where she was found, often.
I do wish someone would let their conscience get the better of them, and speak up, some how.
RIP, sweet angel&#10084;

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Thinking of you, Nevaeh&#10084;

Never forget dear Nevaeh. My thoughts and prayers are with her family during this holiday season.

Friday was your birthday&#10084; You would have been 13. RIP, Nevaeh

Navaeh Buchanan 5 found a pod cast from Amerian Crime Story (archived unsoved murder of Navaeh Buchanan) July 24, 2016) very interesting, so far this is all I can come up with, don't know if I posted this correctly as I am new

Navaeh Buchanan 5 found a pod cast from Amerian Crime Story (archived unsoved murder of Navaeh Buchanan) July 24, 2016) very interesting, so far this is all I can come up with, don't know if I posted this correctly as I am new

https://www.americancrimecast.com/case-log/nevaeh

Thank you for posting this.

Welcome to Websleuths! [emoji275]

Sent from my LG-H740 using Tapatalk

Thank you&#128521; Welcome!

I can't imagine the family's frustration. Why do we have so many terrible monsters roaming the earth? RIP sweet angel.

It makes me sad that it’s been so long since there’s been a post in this discussion. It’s approaching 9 years that Nevaeh has been stolen from this world. 9 years too long without a suspect or a conviction. This angel needs justice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello All ...

This is kind of a way deep long shot, but after going over this, I started looking about the internet for similar sorts of disappearances around that area in/about the same time period and came across the Brittney Beers case. There are ten years, and about 200 miles between these two disappearances (I know that Nevaeh was found, but Brittney was not). The sex, ages and the method of the two abductions are quite similar (Nevaeh was 5 and Brittney was 6 years old, both went missing or were last seen at apartment complexes.)

Could be nothing to it, but I did take notice of the similar behavior patterns.

http://wsbt.com/news/local/cold-case-files-the-unsolved-kidnapping-of-brittney-beers

P.S. Jessica Phelps also falls into similar pattern

Uley

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500