MI - Nevaeh Buchanan, 5, Monroe, 24 May 2009 - scooter abandoned - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Macomb street is mostly houses a few apartment complexs and the local hospital and doctor offices. There is a school/church on the corner and across from that is a small grocery store, I'm not sure if they would have video. The senior complex may have it, I know you have to be buzzed to get in, and that would be the closes place that I would think might have a video.

There aren't any businesses nearby that would have a camera...at least none that I can think of. Someone on Monroe Talks (the message board attached to the local newspaper), who claimed to be a friend of the family, said that police were looking at a possible surveillance tape. I don't know where it would be from.

Thanks Scarlett for diving in here. We all appreciate local input and hope you enjoy our precious site. You are a Web Sleuther now! LOLOLOL I always have loved saying that to welcome posters xox

Thanks for the warm welcome! I am happy to have found your community and hope that I can contribute!

I am hoping I can find out more when everyone is back in the office tomorrow. I am actually not going to be in the office tomorrow, but I will definitely be on the phone trying to find out what I can. I would be out searching, but I will have my daughter at home with me tomorrow.

Macomb street is mostly houses a few apartment complexs and the local hospital and doctor offices. There is a school/church on the corner and across from that is a small grocery store, I'm not sure if they would have video. The senior complex may have it, I know you have to be buzzed to get in, and that would be the closes place that I would think might have a video.

Thank you so much for the first-hand account tunker2000. Our schools here all have surveillance as does the hospital so maybe those facilities have them as well. I'm sure LE has already covered that but sometimes ya never know. That Senior complex sounds like a good possibility as well. I do hope they have checked these places.
I'm so happy to have you here at WS tunker2000...I think you'll love it here and we really do appreciate your knowledge in this case.

Is this the apartment complex where Neviaeh went missing from?
Aug08011.jpg

Hi Tunker, I didn't forget you :blowkiss: and am glad to see you are a Web Sleuther too!

We posters are spread out all over the map and usually have never been to the towns where crimes take place. Having a feel for the community and ways things are done there along with the gossip, etc lol, it sets a tone for our Sleuthn' and we have more info to work with, xox

Any idea of when we will get an update on this little one?
Praying they find her soon and safe.

Has anyone done any background on the biodad, Hinojosa?

Salem

ETA: I ran him in both the RSO and OTIS databases and they came back with nothing. So, if I have the spelling of his name right, Shane Hin...., than he seems to be clean.

I got out of bed to run the bio dad about 20 min ago and also found nothing. I got his name spelling from the video on channel 7. I also checked vinelink on everyone to see if they had any current court cases, it showed Kennedy in custody, and maybe a open case in Wayne county, but it does not list an age, so I'm uncertain if it's the right person.

The 5 year old girl disappeared from in front of her mother's home in Monroe around 6:30 Sunday evening. Monroe police and state troopers have searched a hotel where Neviaeh's scooter was found, as well as a nearby quarry.

http://www.wilx.com/news/headlines/46006527.html

I thought the scooter was found in the apartment buildings parking lot where she was playing?

Hi Elphaba, In that link above it says they have 2 men in custody and have ordered the father to take a LD test. I wonder if the father is one of the 2 men? I didn't think LE could order one to take a LD test as they are not admisable in court. Maybe unconstitutional too.

This is unfolding fast, so maybe we'll learn more about the brother right away.

I am beyond words after all the civilization that has proceeded us that children are still so neglected and abused.

Hi Scandi, I'm just now seeing your post. I thought that maybe it was just LE doing the standard "clear the family first" maneuver, by getting him to do an LD test. Given that he has not been in Nevaeh's life in 3 years, though, I ponder what compelled them to immediately want him tested...

I wish we can see a day when no child has to fall to child abuse and neglect. Children are precious and should be treated and respected as such. They are societies tomorrow and for those that do bring harm to them: those horrible people have to have some kind of evil selfish gene in their makeup... they have to. Makes one kind of wish there was a prerequisite to having children... to weed out those that simply should not be allowed to procreate. (or be allowed around children, as well)

**ETA***: Has the mother been approached about taking a poly?

I knew this case was giving me deja vu.
We had another case here where a Neveah (Neveah Gallegos) was reported kidnapped by her mother, and it turned out her mom's RSO boyfriend killed her. The mom and boyfriend, by the way, were indicted for murder just last month.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53783&highlight=neveah

3 year old murdered by man suspected of sexually abusing her a year earlier - Page 4 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

http://www.denverpost.com/nationalpolitics/ci_12311832

I think that Neveah Buchanan's mother should be arrested if it turns out her boyfriend harmed Neveah.

I agree with you Steadfast. It is absurd to have a relationship with a RSO and especially absurd to have it with one when you have children. I just can't wrap my mind around that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imaguppynotashark