MI MI - Paige Renkoski, 30, Fowlerville, 24 May 1990

1682518240388-jpeg.417288

In the general area, there were three unsolved abductions/murders of young women in the 1980s, records from The Charley Project showed. At around the same time, there were multiple incidents of people impersonating police officers, showing fake badges to motorists to get them to stop. It is unknown if these cases are related to Renkoski's disappearance.

In the general area, there were three unsolved abductions/murders of young women in the 1980s, records from The Charley Project showed. At around the same time, there were multiple incidents of people impersonating police officers, showing fake badges to motorists to get them to stop. It is unknown if these cases are related to Renkoski's disappearance.
"An unidentified inmate in a Michigan prison was named as a suspect in Renkoski's disappearance in May 2001.
The man was imprisoned for carjacking; his victim was a young woman, and the crime occurred weeks after Renkoski disappeared. Police interviewed him several times and believed he had been one of the men she spoke to shortly before she went missing. But they eliminated him from their inquiry after he passed a lie-detector test."

IMO, there is no worse mistake LE can make than eliminating a suspect based on the results of a lie detector test.

"An unidentified inmate in a Michigan prison was named as a suspect in Renkoski's disappearance in May 2001.
The man was imprisoned for carjacking; his victim was a young woman, and the crime occurred weeks after Renkoski disappeared. Police interviewed him several times and believed he had been one of the men she spoke to shortly before she went missing. But they eliminated him from their inquiry after he passed a lie-detector test."

IMO, there is no worse mistake LE can make than eliminating a suspect based on the results of a lie detector test.

I strongly agree about lie detector tests: there is a good reason they are not admissible in court. Sociopaths pass them all the time and innocent people flunk them all the time. Good and smart detectives know this-- the others, well, they don't

I believe, based on the way her car was still running, her shoes were off and I believe her purse was in the car, that she was the victim of a ruse, someone impersonating the police, so she pulled over quickly, quickly exited the car and was quickly abducted.

paige_renkoski5.jpg

Paige Renkowski, age 30, Missing since 24 May 1990

Investigators said this vehicle is similar to the one witnesses reported seeing on the shoulder of westbound Interstate 96 near Fowlerville exit where Okemos resident Paige Renkoski went missing May 24, 1990.

A minivan similar to this one was seen near Paige's car on the shoulder of I-96 near the Fowlerville Exit.

MI - PAIGE RENKOSKI: Missing from Fowlerville, MI - 24 May 1990 - Age ...
paige_marie_renkoski_9.jpg
renkoski_paige_sketch4.jpg

Some sketches of possible suspects.

If you have any information, contact the Livingston County Sheriff’s Department at 517-546-2440 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-Speak Up.

LINKS:

https://www./threads/paige-renkoski-missing-from-fowlerville-mi-24-may-1990-age-30.876/

"How can someone just vanish and never be found?" Young asked.

That lack of evidence three decades later, despite massive public interest in Renkoski's case, is what makes her story and that of her family, who have never abandoned their search for information, right for a documentary, according to Geri Alumit Zeldes, a Michigan State University journalism professor and filmmaker.

Zeldes and two fellow MSU alums started working on the film in May. Both Renkoski's family and the Livingston County Sheriff's Office will participate, believing the documentary could reach someone with answers.

"How can someone just vanish and never be found?" Young asked.

That lack of evidence three decades later, despite massive public interest in Renkoski's case, is what makes her story and that of her family, who have never abandoned their search for information, right for a documentary, according to Geri Alumit Zeldes, a Michigan State University journalism professor and filmmaker.

Zeldes and two fellow MSU alums started working on the film in May. Both Renkoski's family and the Livingston County Sheriff's Office will participate, believing the documentary could reach someone with answers.
Thank you for this information. I, and many others, have never forgotten Paige. We wish this mystery of her disappearance and probable murder get solved some day.

I clicked on the link but without a subscription it cannot be accessed. Can you post the article?

Thank you for this information. I, and many others, have never forgotten Paige. We wish this mystery of her disappearance and probable murder get solved some day.

I clicked on the link but without a subscription it cannot be accessed. Can you post the article?
I can't post due to the 10% copyright laws, but it's pretty much the same info as the WILX article a few posts back.

Here are some maps to give an idea of where Paige was last seen. She was near her car on the shoulder of I-96 near the Fowlerville exit (shown in the middle of each map). Click on each map to enlarge.

LINKS:

Thanks for keeping this thread alive-- one cannot give up hope that someday we will know what happened to Paige

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PRJ
Back